Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What if Jason Euell said "no"? (ed. rumoured to be 1st team coach)

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
(I am sure the other thread will sink under the weight of its own apathy soon enough, so I make no apologies for starting this one, which I am sure will be equally mayfly-like in its lifespan).

It seems that many (or most?) people think that Jason Euell would be a great choice as Interim Head Coach. (For what it's worth, I think so too). But what if Jason said he didn't want the gig? (And there are many, many reasons why he might not want to do it).

If RD and KM had offered it to Jason only to be turned down, who would you then choose?

Comments

• Options

Have a night off Chizz

OK. But, for the record, I am trying to establish how the decision that was made, was actually reached. If the "right" decision was Jason Euell - and if Jason turned it down - what would the right decision be in those circumstances.

Today's news is a pretty big deal. And I am honestly and genuinely baffled by the decision, but interested to see whether it was actually the best decision to make, given a set of circumstances. But, if you don't want me to post about it on here, I shan't.
  • Options
    The Charlton way is to give it to a young coach with potential ala curbs and Powell... do Jase would fit the bill... personally I think Andy Hughes would do well!!
  • Options
    Chizz's has a point here. Jason is going a cracking job with the U21s whilst doing his coaching badges and learning his trade as a coach/manager.

If he were offered the job as 'interim' head coach or caretaker manager or whatever the lying arrogant cow Miere wants to call the role, and he fails to get the results, I'm sure he'd find himself out of a job.

Better to play it safe than risk that, so maybe he was offered it and politely declined.
  • Options
    Is Marcus Bent available?
  • Options

Is Santa Claus available?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Chizz said:

(I am sure the other thread will sink under the weight of its own apathy soon enough, so I make no apologies for starting this one, which I am sure will be equally mayfly-like in its lifespan).

It seems that many (or most?) people think that Jason Euell would be a great choice as Interim Head Coach. (For what it's worth, I think so too). But what if Jason said he didn't want the gig? (And there are many, many reasons why he might not want to do it).

If RD and KM had offered it to Jason only to be turned down, who would you then choose?

No idea what Jason's credentials are , but at least he'd have had the crowd behind him
  • Options
    Why would he want to take it? I'd imagine the u21 gig is quite a sweet ride. Nobody is up in arms if they loose, young hungry kids who will run themselves into the ground for him. Would imagine he doesn't have to deal with the hierarchy too much
  • Options

Chizz's has a point here. Jason is going a cracking job with the U21s whilst doing his coaching badges and learning his trade as a coach/manager.

If he were offered the job as 'interim' head coach or caretaker manager or whatever the lying arrogant cow Miere wants to call the role, and he fails to get the results, I'm sure he'd find himself out of a job.

Better to play it safe than risk that, so maybe he was offered it and politely declined.

I can't imagine you can say 'no' to RD/KM if you want to keep your job. I'd be very surprised if they'd asked him - hence the 'interim' Belgium with his own team of little Belgium helpers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Have a night off Chizz

OK. But, for the record, I am trying to establish how the decision that was made, was actually reached. If the "right" decision was Jason Euell - and if Jason turned it down - what would the right decision be in those circumstances.

Today's news is a pretty big deal. And I am honestly and genuinely baffled by the decision, but interested to see whether it was actually the best decision to make, given a set of circumstances. But, if you don't want me to post about it on here, I shan't.
    Are you? Because obviously none of us know if Jason Euell turned it down. Are you sure you're not just trying to stir things up for your own amusement?
  • Options
    Chizz, when I get on a PC I will search Cl for all the previous mentions of Fry being head coach, the unsubtle hints and direct statements.

He has always been involved, always waiting in the wings.

Euell was never never even considered. Too risky as if he won a fee games fans would want him employed full time but the job was promised to Roland's chief scout many months ago.
  • Options
    Agree with HI. Isn't it actually quoted somewhere that Fraeye said that the job was his sooner or later ?
  • Options
    Seem to remember a quote something like "the bell is ringing for me"
  • Options

Fraeye told people when he left in May 2014 that he will return some time as manager. He said the same in Dec 2014.

It has been set up for ages. He just had to wait for his time.

Why not before Bob Peeters then?
  • Options
    jams said:

Seem to remember a quote something like "the bell is ringing for me"

Forgot about that.

Didn't Bob Peeters say he knew he was on borrowed time after Luzon was fired st Standard ?
  • Options

Chizz said:

Have a night off Chizz

Are you? Because obviously none of us know if Jason Euell turned it down. Are you sure you're not just trying to stir things up for your own amusement?
    Yes, I am trying to understand what the decision making process was. Because it seems to me - and to many others - that Jason Euell would have been a great appointment as interim head coach. Not only does he know the league, the players and the oppositions, but he's qualified (or qualifying) as a coach and would have very good backing among the fans. It seems a very obvious choice. So I was speculating as to whether this, obvious, choice had been considered by RD/KM and the only reason it had not happened is that Jason had turned it down himself. If those were the circumstances then the decision that was finally made could be easier to understand.

No, I am not trying to stir things up for my own amusement. I don't see anything particularly amusing in the debacle at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you want the real reason why Jason Euell wouldn't take the job at this !moment in time?

Because he's not a fucking idiot that's why.

Anybody who does would need their head testing.

No, I don't want to know the reason. Because, as I said, there are many, many reasons he might turn it down. I was interested in knowing who people might choose, if the obvious number one candidate said no.
  • Options
    He wouldn't have said no, he quite clearly wasn't asked - probably because he isn't on Rolsnd's conveyer belt of merry 'yes' men.

Euell would be the perfect choice from a footballing perspective. Fraeye is the obvious choice from a saying yes to the owners demands and transfer policy perspective....just like the last three appointments.

I thought that had become quite obvious by now. Roland's criteria and wishes are different from ours.
  • Options
    Jason is the new first team coach, No longer u21 Mananger - will be released this week.
  • Options
    Some continuity at least if true
  • Options

Jason is the new first team coach, No longer u21 Mananger - will be released this week.

Just an excuse to sack him (thus removing any semblence of the old guard) when Fraeye royally fucks it up and is sacked in January.

• Options
    I really liked Euell as a player - shame that he is associated with these f*ckwits! I would have supported him if he had been given Karry Fry's job....
  • Options
    That is the first decent call if true. You need somebody who is popular with the fans and who knows the players in these situations.
  • Options
    Depends on what hes being asked?
  • Options

That is the first decent call if true. You need somebody who is popular with the fans and who knows the players in these situations.

How well would Euell know the players? He'll know the youngsters and "old guard" but I doubt he's had much contact with most of the recent signings?