Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What if Jason Euell said "no"? (ed. rumoured to be 1st team coach)

Comments

• Options

That is the first decent call if true. You need somebody who is popular with the fans and who knows the players in these situations.

How well would Euell know the players? He'll know the youngsters and "old guard" but I doubt he's had much contact with most of the recent signings?
    Most have been injured then trained through and played with the u21's so I very much doubt that.
  • Options
    He will know their strengths and weaknesses
  • Options

Jason is the new first team coach, No longer u21 Mananger - will be released this week.

Did you get this at the U21 game? : - )

Just a joke. seriously, where has this come from? A player? Training ground staff? Colin?
    Geniually got that one wrong, put 2+2 together and got 5,

Will be announced next couple of days. Good friend of mine works in the maintenance down there.

So confident it will happen if not i will run around Bromley with my pants down! :)
    Only pulling your leg. Will be interesting. At least we know who Colin will blame for every defeat.

Odd not to say it at the same time as appointing Fraeye but who can fathom this club comms strategy?

As ever when it's on the OS.
  • Options

Jason is the new first team coach, No longer u21 Mananger - will be released this week.

Just a joke. seriously, where has this come from? A player? Training ground staff? Colin?

Will be announced next couple of days. Good friend of mine works in the maintenance down there.

So confident it will happen if not i will run around Bromley with my pants down! :)
    Only pulling your leg. Will be interesting. At least we know who Colin will blame for every defeat.

Odd not to say it at the same time as appointing Fraeye but who can fathom this club comms strategy?

I can only imagine they was saving it for the Press day so they have something to distract away the attention from Fraeye? but that is a pure guess, other than i agree with it should have been announced the same time.
  • Options
    There is a synergy between this and what was said in the local Burton paper yesterday.
  • Options

I can only imagine they was saving it for the Press day so they have something to distract away the attention from Fraeye? but that is a pure guess, other than i agree with it should have been announced the same time.
    Good point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it a step up from u21 manager?
  • Options
    Let's hope he isn't made a scapegoat and sacked like Matthew was when it all goes wrong with Fraeye.
  • Options
    this appears to have legs !
  • Options
    I hope it doesn't as when it goes wrong Jason will be out the door too.
  • Options
    So let get this straight. KF head coach, with Euell as assistant/1st team coach?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I hope it doesn't as when it goes wrong Jason will be out the door too.

Yup, that's a worry
  • Options
    @ cabbies apparently
  • Options

Good friend of mine works in the maintenance down there.

He'll get the sack soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately Katrien seems unable or inclined to move from under Roland's shadow, and Roland hasn't got a clue about running a proper Football Club. Therefore anyone of note accepting the Head Coach's role would have to be desperate or insane. Sadly we are in the hands of a bunch of nutty Belgians, and will need tranquilisers to survive the next months. Amongst it all, it is important that we all stand firm behind the team,and the proper Charlton people including a lot of the players. COYR.
  • Options
    A peace offering. Probably suggested by KM to ease some of the flack - and RD said 'yeah ok then....bothered.'
  • Options
    It certainty can't/won't demoralise them any more. In fact, it might raise morale having him around the 1st team. Got to take it as a positive and I'm not going to sneer at it.
  • Options
    Never knew he is deaf in one ear.

I know he recently completed one of his UEFA badges but not sure which. Anyone know?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

That is the first decent call if true. You need somebody who is popular with the fans and who knows the players in these situations.

The flip view of the coin is we now have a manager with no managerial experience, and a 1st team coach with no 1st team coaching experience.

He has played in the Premiership(thanks for that info ) and also has his UEFA A Licence at coaching.

He should garner respect from the players as he has played at a higher level than them, even if his 1st touch was problematical !

• Options
    Lol @cabbles or cables or cabbies
  • Options
    I'm all for Euell being given a chance, but for some reason whatever set up or solution RD and KM offer up seems to grate on me.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm all for Euell being given a chance, but for some reason whatever set up or solution RD and KM offer up seems to grate on me.

Correct