Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What if Jason Euell said "no"? (ed. rumoured to be 1st team coach)

13»

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

cabbles said:

I'm all for Euell being given a chance, but for some reason whatever set up or solution RD and KM offer up seems to grate on me.

Correct
    That's why I put you forward for BlackandWhite spokesperson
  • Options

Is Santa Claus available?

Not until Boxing Day.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

I'm all for Euell being given a chance, but for some reason whatever set up or solution RD and KM offer up seems to grate on me.

Correct
    You don't half go on - OK I'll do it. What are the terms of my employment and I do expect paying.

I refuse to become a cynical, nothing is ever right, boo-hoo knob like the rest of them though. And I won't throw racist or sexist comments about. Do I still qualify ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

The Wankers - ripping the soul out of our U21 set up.

I hope Jason gets the Gig because it will be interesting to see the pecking order of the 21's and under in the 1st team squad with his input.
    Will Kennedy be ahead of Lookman.
    Will Fox be ahead of THD.
    What are Euell's views on our profligate strikers.

It sounds like a positive situation so i doubt it will happen.

• Options

That is the first decent call if true. You need somebody who is popular with the fans and who knows the players in these situations.

The flip view of the coin is we now have a manager with no managerial experience, and a 1st team coach with no 1st team coaching experience.

He has played in the Premiership(thanks for that info ) and also has his UEFA A Licence at coaching.

He should garner respect from the players as he has played at a higher level than them, even if his 1st touch was problematical !

But the point is valid. We know who he is and he has links to the club but he's not coached at first team level anywhere.

Not running him down and he's got to start somewhere but it is an inexperienced team.

If we hired an British coach (Yes, I know he played for Jamaica but he's a Brit) with the same CV minus the Charlton link then a lot of people would be less than impressed.

It's good that he knows the players and club and I wish him nothing but success but it is a risk.
    You can't *only* judge someone on their CV though, can you?

If you could, select someone based only on their cv, which of the people would you choose?

1. Played over 350 games, five international caps. Two seasons of lower-league management; second season performed much worse than first.
    2. More than 450 games, for five different clubs. Never played international football. No first team management or coaching experience.
    3. No football league experience as a player. A few games as caretaker manager of a fourth-tier team.
    4. More than 400 games; more than fifty full international caps. Reached play-offs in first season as manager. Moved on to a bigger club and, in three seasons, reached the play-off final twice, winning promotion once.

There's once stand-out CV amongst those four. However - as you will be able to work out - he is the one to avoid; the other three are the ones to be recruited at all cost!

• Options

That is the first decent call if true. You need somebody who is popular with the fans and who knows the players in these situations.

The flip view of the coin is we now have a manager with no managerial experience, and a 1st team coach with no 1st team coaching experience.

He has played in the Premiership(thanks for that info ) and also has his UEFA A Licence at coaching.

He should garner respect from the players as he has played at a higher level than them, even if his 1st touch was problematical !

But the point is valid. We know who he is and he has links to the club but he's not coached at first team level anywhere.

Not running him down and he's got to start somewhere but it is an inexperienced team.

If we hired an British coach (Yes, I know he played for Jamaica but he's a Brit) with the same CV minus the Charlton link then a lot of people would be less than impressed.

It's good that he knows the players and club and I wish him nothing but success but it is a risk.
    A risk is an understatement. I wasn't overly pleased when he got the U21 gig, not that long ago.

It wouldn't surprise me though, because once again he will be cheap.

I think what you mean, but are too polite to say, is that it's one big ###### joke !
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Would have been better off giving the job to Euell, even on an interim basis, and bringing a bit of experience in alongside him, or Peacock. If it then didn't work out then Euell could drop back to the U21s where he's doing a fantastic job.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

Correct
    You don't half go on - OK I'll do it. What are the terms of my employment and I do expect paying.

I refuse to become a cynical, nothing is ever right, boo-hoo knob like the rest of them though. And I won't throw racist or sexist comments about. Do I still qualify ?
    Just be yourself. I have every faith in you
  • Options
    cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

Correct

I need to know the €££€£
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

Correct

I need to know the €££€£
    A trust badge!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

PL54 said:

cabbles said:

Correct

I need to know the €££€£
    A trust badge!
    Never been forthcoming previously so I have no confidence.
  • Options
    Nice guy - but what exactly does he offer that DM didn't? All three coaches are way below the quality and experience we would hope for.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If you could, select someone based only on their cv, which of the people would you choose?

1. Played over 350 games, five international caps. Two seasons of lower-league management; second season performed much worse than first.
    2. More than 450 games, for five different clubs. Never played international football. No first team management or coaching experience.
    3. No football league experience as a player. A few games as caretaker manager of a fourth-tier team.
    4. More than 400 games; more than fifty full international caps. Reached play-offs in first season as manager. Moved on to a bigger club and, in three seasons, reached the play-off final twice, winning promotion once.

There's once stand-out CV amongst those four. However - as you will be able to work out - he is the one to avoid; the other three are the ones to be recruited at all cost!

Go on then, I'll ask. Who are the four managers?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Reminds me of this:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A - Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B - He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C - He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which one would you choose?
  • Options

Chizz said:

Go on then, I'll ask. Who are the four managers?
    1 Jimmy Seed
    2 Alan Curbishley
    3 Lennie Lawrence
    4 Iain Dowie
  • Options
    So if it turns out Euell is a first team coach, is it an interim appointment?

Or will he get demoted when Quasimodo (the bell tolls) gets pushed down the pecking order when a proper manager coach has been appointed?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Chizz said:

Reminds me of this:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A - Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B - He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C - He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which one would you choose?
    A
  • Options
    I assume C is Hitler and B is Churchill. Is A Roosevelt?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Correct
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

aliwibble said:

Correct
    I never knew this Bob, an interesting little fact, thanks for sharing.

I wonder which one Roland is :wink:
  • Options
    Hermann Hreidarsson is now a manager in Iceland, maybe he fancies a role with Charlton?
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

Hermann Hreidarsson is now a manager in Iceland, maybe he fancies a role with Charlton?

You mean someone with less coaching experience in England than Karel Fraeye?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    That was a tongue in cheek comment considering the consensus of views on here, but although you're right Hermann has less coaching experience, he knows the English game inside out and is no stranger to relegation battles (mostly lost ones!).
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Nice guy - but what exactly does he offer that DM didn't? All three coaches are way below the quality and experience we would hope for.

He hasn't just been sacked by the club maybe?
  • Options

Jason is the new first team coach, No longer u21 Mananger - will be released this week.

Good shout @CharltonByBlood
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Jason is the new first team coach, No longer u21 Mananger - will be released this week.

Good shout @CharltonByBlood
    although only 'interim'

• Options
    edited October 2015
    scoop for @CharltonByBlood well done and good luck to Jason Euell.

Making me feel old as my sons first game was Charlton 2 - 1 Chelsea and Jason scored twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAPynEhNdEY
  • Options

scoop for @CharltonByBlood well done and good luck to Jason Euell.

Making me feel old as my sons first game was Charlton 2 - 1 Chelsea and Jason scored twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAPynEhNdEY

To think... people used to bitch about us "only" having players like Euell and Svensson up front.