Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do we actually want to win on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    I just dont care. I wont take any notice of the team Carol puts out, I wont have a bet, I wont be interested in text updates. I wont give a shit if we win.
    All the above will change for 1 of 2 reasons. 1) If the silly old bugger Roland Duchâtelet and the dozy mare Meire put some money into the club for players and a decent independent manager, free to manage or 2) they both fuck off.

I have enough hobbies to keep me busy over the weekend and my biggest fear is that after they have pissed off, I realise that there are other things to do than going to SE7.
  • Options
    For the 73 travelling addicks including my close family I want us to win..
  • Options
    Never under any circumstance do I wish Charlton to lose.
    I don't like this joke appointment made by our know all Belgium overlords. But if we started our upward path to the premier league title of 2017 as of Saturday I would happily eat huge slices of humble pie.

I am not expecting to be dinning out on humble pie any time soon
  • Options
    This question is up there with the thread about what else we should do on a Saturday when one person said that we should go watch either Millwall / Palace / West Ham play!!

Do we actually want to win on Saturday? Of course I want to see us bloody well win I'm a CHARLTON FAN!!

Might not support the regime at the moment but it'll never make me hope that we lose or draw!!
  • Options
    I'm still looking for a spare (cheap)train ticket.
  • Options
    ....I'm sure those that don't want us to win will probably get their wish on Saturday anyway !
  • Options
    What a stupid question. Yes.
  • Options
    I remember Phil Parkinson's record was none too great during his stint as caretaker manager and he was offered the job full time. There is no reason for KF not to be offered the job full time even if we do get a thumping in each of the next few games with RD at the helm. He will find a reason, however small and trivial to uphold the decision and Katrien will tell us so. And if we limp into Xmas bottom of the table like we did in our final season in the Premier League and sacked KF then we will be in L1 next season, of that I am pretty sure. After the Dowie/Reed debacle even the new manager effect of Pardew could not save us within that same time frame with a much stronger squad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember being told the same thing about Parkinson, it was a shame they sacked him after the trial period......

I could never want us to lose, sadly what I want is irrelevant.
  • Options
    I'd never ordinarily want us to lose, but anyone who says they don't understand or agree with the question is incapable of thinking more than 5 minutes in to the future.

If this rank amateur flukes 3 wins in 6 say, and gets the job permanently, would we still be cheering the 9 points?
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

I'd never ordinarily want us to lose, but anyone who says they don't understand or agree with the question is incapable of thinking more than 5 minutes in to the future.

If this rank amateur flukes 3 wins in 6 say, and gets the job permanently, would we still be cheering the 9 points?

Yes - because it puts us 9 points closer to maintaining Championship status.

Sorry - I must be incapable of thinking more than 5 minutes into the future.
  • Options
    Am sorry but I want us to win. I don't like the owner and wish he'd sell up, but for now we're stuck with him, and we still need to support the players, and whichever poor sod is lumbered with being head coach. Being relegated won't have potential new owners in a rush to buy the club, and don't want RD selling to a property developer which could mean the end of the club forever.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Of course we do. It feels am unfair game to judge KF on though - we are almost certainly going to get beat in that one. MK Dons away will be more interesting. I think the way Duchatelet appoints managers, they don't tend to come in with any good will so unlike new managers at other clubs they don't have much patience to play with, so have to turn things around quickly! KF isn't the problem, we will only start to go forwards long term, when the owner realises the flaws in his plan. I just don't feel he is the type to do so. But experience has shown, we can get out of crappy positions - it is just you can't do it every year as it is going to bite you in the bum sometime! Maybe that time is this time!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

If the price to pay for getting rid of Roland is a couple of seasons in League 1 then I'd take it. Phil Parkinson in charge and Dave Mooney up front seem like halcyon days compared to what's going on now.

Sadly it looks more like in League 1 and stuck with Roland at the moment.

Really? It's rubbish at the moment but we've got some first teamers fit now and all isn't lost, we can turn it round. I'm happier that we get to play Middlesbrough on Saturday in the second division with everything to play for than going away to Hartlepool with a front two of Mooney and Akpo in division 3. I don't want to take a single second in League One
  • Options
    No scenario ever in which I would want us to lose, the end.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

So You cannot UNDERSTAND or AGREE with the QUESTION? Your own answer may be different granted, but can you seriously not understand, or agree with the question?
  • Options
    We all know we're gonna lose anyway
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

So You cannot UNDERSTAND or AGREE with the QUESTION? Your own answer may be different granted, but can you seriously not understand, or agree with the question?
    If his answer is different, maybe he doesn't agree?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would love it if Fraeye took us on a 10 match unbeaten run.

i just want Charlton to win, end of.

League 1 i suspect is not something the majority want to go through again.
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

If his answer is different, maybe he doesn't agree?
    He may well not agree, but my issue was with people who can't see where the original poster is coming from. If you can't see what they meant and find it unbelievable to consider that a defeat may not be the worst thing in the world no matter what the circumstance, then I'd say you just want 3 points no matter what the long term cost may be.

I think he's answering a question I wasn't asking, that wasn't necessarily directed at him.
  • Options
    Well, if we don't start picking up points soon, we will be doomed. A win soon is essential, so of course I don't want to lose again. If Fraeye gets results, good on him. He's not a big name and not the appointment that I want, but I won't hold that against him if he does well. There are plenty of excellent managers who had limited playing careers and who people had never heard of early in their managerial careers.
  • Options

Do we actually want to win on Saturday? ... anyone (amended .. anyone who purports to be a CAFC supporter) who replies other than YES needs help .. what is the point of supporting and following a team in any sport unless you want to see that team win ? .. I understand that the question is asked in good(ish) faith .. but really !!!!!!

This all day long. Win the next three we may get Fraeye permanently, lose the next three we may still get Fraeye permanently so of course I want us to win.
  • Options

Well, if we don't start picking up points soon, we will be doomed. A win soon is essential, so of course I don't want to lose again. If Fraeye gets results, good on him. He's not a big name and not the appointment that I want, but I won't hold that against him if he does well. There are plenty of excellent managers who had limited playing careers and who people had never heard of early in their managerial careers.

I do get that attitude, its positive and hopeful. But do you think at this moment that he'd be the one to get us some much needed wins, or do you think he is well out of his depth?
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

I would like to think I have sufficient intelligence to understand the question 'Do we actually want to win on Saturday?' and I can also comprehend the OPs reason for posing the question. I just happen to disagree and would answer the question with an emphatic YES.

The only scenario I can think of where I would be happy to lose would be if, when playing in the same league and safe, our loss would relegate Palace or Millwall.
  • Options
    However abysmal the people running the club are, I never want us to lose. Equally, win or lose, I want the current regime, and that includes the latest managerial puppet, to get the hell out. So it if do lose, then it won't be quite as upsetting as it has been during the last few decades!
  • Options

Do we actually want to win on Saturday? ... anyone (amended .. anyone who purports to be a CAFC supporter) who replies other than YES needs help .. what is the point of supporting and following a team in any sport unless you want to see that team win ? .. I understand that the question is asked in good(ish) faith .. but really !!!!!!

This all day long. Win the next three we may get Fraeye permanently, lose the next three we may still get Fraeye permanently so of course I want us to win.
    I
    bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

I would like to think I have sufficient intelligence to understand the question 'Do we actually want to win on Saturday?' and I can also comprehend the OPs reason for posing the question. I just happen to disagree and would answer the question with an emphatic YES.

The only scenario I can think of where I would be happy to lose would be if, when playing in the same league and safe, our loss would relegate Palace or Millwall.
    "anyone who says they don't understand or agree with the question is incapable of thinking more than 5 minutes into the future"

"If this rank amateur flukes 3 wins in 6 say, and gets the job permanently, would we still be cheering the 9 points?"

You are answering my second question not the first. I am not saying that if you want us to win, you cannot think 5 minutes into the future, hopefully that's a bit clearer for you. I'd not be able to go to watch us hoping we'd lose, but I could comprehend how someone else could feel that way.
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

I
    bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

bobmunro said:

Kiely#1 said:

"anyone who says they don't understand or agree with the question is incapable of thinking more than 5 minutes into the future"

"If this rank amateur flukes 3 wins in 6 say, and gets the job permanently, would we still be cheering the 9 points?"

You are answering my second question not the first. I am not saying that if you want us to win, you cannot think 5 minutes into the future, hopefully that's a bit clearer for you. I'd not be able to go to watch us hoping we'd lose, but I could comprehend how someone else could feel that way.
    We are on the same page then.