Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do we actually want to win on Saturday?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Actually, I don't think it's a stupid question and nor do a number of people who have answered.

It's actually got so bad, that I'm nearly at the stage of, I couldn't give a toss.

I'll always go and I would never boycott games, just as I saw all our Selhurst games.

But until the madman sells up to someone better, I'm finding it very difficult.

PS If Fraeye is the new messiah, I'll soon get my mojo back.
  • Options
    Yes we do want a win. We need to be proffessional.
  • Options
    There is an up side to this situation. Every game for the next 5 or 6 is win win. If we do actually win a game it's 3 points in the bag and a step away from the relegation zone. If we lose the game, it's a step closer to the exit for Fraeye!
  • Options
    Thing is Bristol City's draw last night was a real kick in the teeth for us. We can't even escape the relegation zone with a draw at Boro which is probably the best we can hope for unless one of Bristol or MK Dons get smashed by 4+ goals at the weekend. Even if we do fluke a win we'll barely have our heads up above the relegation zone anyway. We've just had a run of games where we should have picked up a lot more points than we did and we some tough games coming up along with some potential six-pointers.

I can't see Fraeye picking up one single win between now and the end of November he's clearly out of his depth but if that's enough to get rid of him and for RD to finally cotton on you can't employ everyone on the cheap then I will take that even if it means we are lets say 6 points inside the relegation zone at the start of December with a proper manager in charge and hopefully funds available in the January window.

The way I see Saturday is if we win then great but if we lose as expected it doesn't help Fraeye's chances.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter what we want we are gonna get thumped... I'm so disgusted with Roland I want him and his puppets presence made as unpleasant as possible whenever they are near our club...
  • Options
    Why all the gloom? Our manager's on his longest-ever unbeaten run in the Championship.
  • Options
    Well basically RD has turned us into a joke. The appointment of some muppet from the Belgian 3rd tier is the final nail and beyond anyone's fears at the start.

Part of me thinks the only way the Belgian lot will leave is if we get relegated...actually I don't know.

If WE win, the "we" part being something that's no longer to do with charlton fans. It will just continue to tread water on some kind of delusion that we are actually a good team, they made the right call to once again sack the manager, RD is actually really good and cares for the club you just have to be patient with him...we just beat the best team in the division away from home.

The players have something to prove and might have to motivate themselves for this one. It would only be on them.

If we beat boro I would be f*ckin proud of those players and would have restored a bit of faith in them collectively as a team.

If we lose and most likely quite heavily, then in a way it's one game closer to RD selling up, maybe, maybe not.
  • Options
    We need to win and none of this is Karel's fault.

As for terms like 'muppet' and 'yes man', I wonder how many Charlton Lifers dictate what their boss does at work...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone said:

As for terms like 'muppet' and 'yes man', I wonder how many Charlton Lifers dictate what their boss does at work...

Dictate, no - constructively criticise, yes. The most effective bosses can take criticism and listen to others' ideas.

The problem with RD is likely to be arrogance and therefore he's unlikely to either want criticism and even less likely to act on it. He seems to be one of those characters who believes wholeheartedly in his way of doing things - it would appear to be the way he's run his businesses and also manifested in his political activities.

I only see two possible outcomes if the above is true - we carry on doing it his way or he sells up. He's not going to change.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Are you one of the few remaining who support the board?
  • Options
    Has anybody thought that the players have 'given up' on the pitch and lost interest, and whoever comes in deemed underqualified does not stand a chance.

This comment does not apply to many of our players who clearly are not good enough for this level anyway.
  • Options
    I don't think actually winning on Saturday is an option, Middlesbrough will pump us, not even like the players are going to be motivated by the boss, fans, would be happy for us to forfeit the match 3-0 and try and get 4 points from mk dons and shef weds, unfortunately that's the best I can hope for.
  • Options
    Given that KM has appointed a Belgian coach driver (who unfortunately has not passed his test yet but who did a great job reading the map for his wife on the way to their summer holiday) the real question is will we actually get to Middlesboro on time
  • Options
    The thing with football is that even the most obvious results don't always happen. I suspect we will lose easily at 'Borough, but we could win. A big helping of luck and there is no reason why we can't win.

Still think we will lose, but...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Do I want us to win, yes of course, do I think we're going to win, even blind optimism tells me something else, it would a heck of an achievement if we could pull off a win, and this is reflected in the bookies odds for the game, there not usually wrong.
  • Options

I don't think actually winning on Saturday is an option, Middlesbrough will pump us, not even like the players are going to be motivated by the boss, fans, would be happy for us to forfeit the match 3-0 and try and get 4 points from mk dons and shef weds, unfortunately that's the best I can hope for.

and you know that how? How do you know what his motivational skills are? How do you know that pro's like Jacko don't actually like Karel from his time with us before and respect his views, tactics etc?

On another note I am disappointed that some are disrespecting Karel by calling him names like 'muppet'. Okay you may wish he wasn't here but it isn't his fault and I'm sure he will do his absolute best for us as he did last time. Can't remember anyone calling him a 'muppet' when he and Riga kept us up.

Finally, let's just say that some of you get what you want and we lose the next five games. Then the Club decide to appoint JFH or Lambert, how are those five defeats meant to help them? All it does is make their job harder and relegation more of a possibility. On the other hand if we win all five we might get 'lumbered' with Karel. Maybe that wouldn't then be such a bad thing eh?
  • Options

and you know that how? How do you know what his motivational skills are? How do you know that pro's like Jacko don't actually like Karel from his time with us before and respect his views, tactics etc?

On another note I am disappointed that some are disrespecting Karel by calling him names like 'muppet'. Okay you may wish he wasn't here but it isn't his fault and I'm sure he will do his absolute best for us as he did last time. Can't remember anyone calling him a 'muppet' when he and Riga kept us up.

Finally, let's just say that some of you get what you want and we lose the next five games. Then the Club decide to appoint JFH or Lambert, how are those five defeats meant to help them? All it does is make their job harder and relegation more of a possibility. On the other hand if we win all five we might get 'lumbered' with Karel. Maybe that wouldn't then be such a bad thing eh?
    Karel and Riga did not just keep us up Fraeye "masterminded" it
  • Options
    I only see two possible outcomes if the above is true - we carry on doing it his way or he sells up. He's not going to change.

This wouldn't be a problem if "his way" was working, but it clearly isn't. Nor is it likely to in appointing the likes of Fraeye and seriously under funding the squad. If he wants to devalue his investment through sheer pig headedness or his lack of understanding of the english game, then there's not much we can do about it. The sooner he sells up and fucks off the better
    '

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone said:

I see your point but this bloke isn't good enough to manage charlton full stop. Not having that.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

when we win our next 5 then we can discuss that, but SOME of the players haven't looked assed in the last few games I don't see how bringing in an under experienced manager is going to suddenly put a spring in there step, of course I don't want us to lose, but a team considerably higher than us in the league with a far superior squad will more than likely beat us, how many of the possible starting 11on Saturday were here when Karel was here before?, I love Charlton as much as any fan, but im not buying into all these managers are any good, if karel was any good would he not of got a job in l1,l2 before taking over at a championship side or even somewhere in Europe, higher than the Belgian 3rd division.
  • Options
    If we win our next five games I'll change my name to Doris and enter Belgium X Factor
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Large, I agree with most of this & most of your posts.

However, to say it's not Fraeye's fault isn't really correct.

Yes, it's RD's fault, but Fraeye, like Luzon, signed up for this crazy system, so he's not exactly blameless.
  • Options
    4-0 boro ... Gaps all over the pitch, no organisation, no structure ... Utter shambles ...
  • Options
    Pains me to say this not No,I don't want us to win.
    I want this whole farce to blow up in Meire and Duchatalets face with a catastrophic result. 4-0's ,5-0's whatever it takes to finally get these people to pull their heads from out their arses!!