Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

City a.m. wade in against Duchatelet

Comments

• Options
    Great article - the last few lines draw into focus just how far up shit creek we are right now....
  • Options
    Very good but depressing read, i have said before i will get behind the current coach but in the long term its looking very bleak indeed, personally hoping that when the Sparrows lane revamp has happened and we our (hopefully) still in the championship, someone might see a club with potential and send RD packing!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

Bit cheeky but tweeted the link direct to the official CAFC twitter handle. Not because I don't think they aren't aware of it, but because I want to keep the momentum up

shared it on LinkedIn and KM is one of my connections so she may get to see it
    She must be aware of all the disquiet - She was certainly approached by a few fans last saturday as they were leaving who weren't afraid to (quote the great Tim Sherwood) 'tell it like it is'. For her sake KF better hit the ground running and results better pick up, otherwise things really could get hard for her at games in the coming weeks
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

Bit cheeky but tweeted the link direct to the official CAFC twitter handle. Not because I don't think they aren't aware of it, but because I want to keep the momentum up

shared it on LinkedIn and KM is one of my connections so she may get to see it
    Good call, just done the same
  • Options
    Spot on. Shared on Facebook and Twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Anyone can moan - what is his proposed solution - sell to who ?

If he wants out he will find a buyer.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Perfect description of a once heralded football club teetering on the edge of doom. Or league one.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

What is striking for me, is so many, what I would say reasonable lifers who are speaking up about how bad it is. People whose posts I have read and think they are sensible folk who have been willing to try and give RD a chance, just fed up with it.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Quality piece.

Carefully doesn't knock RDs vision (because no one knows what it is) and only describes the facts and reality.

How can RD possibly deny his management decisions have been an unmitigated disaster. This is the weapon which can have an impact on RD, not petitions that claim unsubstantiated failings.

These facts just need to be hurled at RD and KM over and over again from as many sources as possible. It is only inescapable truths which can have an impact on RD. The supporters' vanishing interest is also a fact. Showing tokens of anger shows the depth of despair of supporters, but it shouldn't replace confronting RD with facts to prove his failings and his misplaced priorities.

The board needs to man up and confront RD and demand an explanation. Either RD changes his ideas or the club risks dying is a message RD cannot logically argue against, and I suspect RD is avery logical man.

There is nowhere left for him to hide, there is nothing left for KM to justify.

We need to take whatever action we can that hastens RD having to acknowledge his failure in implementing his secret vision so he has no option but admit himself he must radically change his management methodology, if only for his sake, if he doesn't care about our sake.
  • Options
    Great article. Just like Richard Cawley's piece on SLP the other day, it is painfully true and almost too depressing to read. :(
  • Options
    Has anyone got contacts within Sky Sports so that this article can be brought to their attention assuming of course it hasn't.
  • Options
    Just tweeted it #Rolandout. Empty gesture probably but felt good!
  • Options
    We have a Diverse and Eclectic mix of fans from all over the World.

Any Friends or mates who are Billionaires?

Not sure i want to go the Portsmouth way to achieve a Egalitarian ownership.

Local Derbies against Bromley,Welling and Ebbsfleet ?

"your ground too big for you"

I'm struggling to see a Happy ending. :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

We have a Diverse and Eclectic mix of fans from all over the World.

Any Friends or mates who are Billionaires?

Not sure i want to go the Portsmouth way to achieve a Egalitarian ownership.

Local Derbies against Bromley,Welling and Ebbsfleet ?

"your ground too big for you"

I'm struggling to see a Happy ending. :neutral:

Ackworth may know a few.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

This is the text of the article by the way, not my writing

Was about to give you a massive compliment Southbank.....still thanks for that it made a good read.
  • Options

Quality piece.

Carefully doesn't knock RDs vision (because no one knows what it is) and only describes the facts and reality.

How can RD possibly deny his management decisions have been an unmitigated disaster. This is the weapon which can have an impact on RD, not petitions that claim unsubstantiated failings.

These facts just need to be hurled at RD and KM over and over again from as many sources as possible. It is only inescapable truths which can have an impact on RD. The supporters' vanishing interest is also a fact. Showing tokens of anger shows the depth of despair of supporters, but it shouldn't replace confronting RD with facts to prove his failings and his misplaced priorities.

The board needs to man up and confront RD and demand an explanation. Either RD changes his ideas or the club risks dying is a message RD cannot logically argue against, and I suspect RD is avery logical man.

We need to take whatever action we can that hastens RD having to acknowledge his failure in implementing his secret vision so he has no option but admit himself he must radically change his management methodology, if only for his sake, if he doesn't care about our sake.

I seem to recall Katrien admitting some time ago that they have made mistakes and underestimated the quality of players required. In some ways they have addressed that by bringing in quality such as Watt, Gudmundson, Kashi and have stopped signing the Koc's, Lepoint etc. However now they are badly underestimating the depth of squad required and of course the consistent fault of being clueless about managerial appointments. There can be no denying that he has done some good things which are being completely overshadowed by failures related to the playing side. He's either a very slow learner, very stubborn or he has some other motive for going out of his way to alienate us fans. Perhaps he's a secret Millwall supporter!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

This is the first time the fans have been more or less fully united since this regime started ... she has had it easy so far and received the benefit of the doubt ... that is no longer the case.

Spot on - it was a pretty even split before but now overwhelmingly against KM/RD's strategy.

With the caveat 'on CL' anyway.
  • Options

Quality piece.

I seem to recall Katrien admitting some time ago that they have made mistakes and underestimated the quality of players required. In some ways they have addressed that by bringing in quality such as Watt, Gudmundson, Kashi and have stopped signing the Koc's, Lepoint etc. However now they are badly underestimating the depth of squad required and of course the consistent fault of being clueless about managerial appointments. There can be no denying that he has done some good things which are being completely overshadowed by failures related to the playing side. He's either a very slow learner, very stubborn or he has some other motive for going out of his way to alienate us fans. Perhaps he's a secret Millwall supporter!
    But isn't that all it is? A lack of depth of squad?
  • Options
    Very true well wrote!!
  • Options
    "It’s the football equivalent of a FTSE 100 company whose share price is plummeting and suffering from profit warnings picking a shop manager of an outlet with struggling sales as the chief executive to turn things around."

Love it!!
  • Options
    Wow - Great article! Feel even more depressed having read it however!