Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

City a.m. wade in against Duchatelet

124»

Comments

• Options

Are we actually now worse off with Leige out of the network? I mean, we can't even loan players like Bulot and Buyens now, arguably two of our better performers last season.

I think almost certainly we are. As previous poster said, the reason the Watford experiment 'worked' was because of the quality of the players they were able to call upon within the network.Who can we call upon now? Alcorcons reserve team?
    Does the sale of SL and the obvious reluctance of Roly to invest in us mean that his vision of the network is waning?
    In some respects, ok, we are due for some real painful times ahead, but i can see a time in say 2/3 years time when RD will just get fed up with it all, and just cut his losses - after all, what is a 20 million loss to a billionaire when he gets fed up with his plaything?. Then hopefully someone worthy can snap up a bargain?
    I happened to spot on another forum that RD responded to an email sent to him asking what his plan was for CAFC? - and his response was 'i dont have a plan'
    If we didnt know already, we have got some very painful times ahead.
    It may sound strange but that, along with your avatar, somehow reminds me of President Obama's (in)famous 'We don't have a strategy for fighting ISIS' gaffe...
  • Options
    What exactly is he getting out of owning us? It's not money, it can't be enjoyment.
    Does he just like watching us suffer?
  • Options

Quality piece.

Carefully doesn't knock RDs vision (because no one knows what it is) and only describes the facts and reality.

How can RD possibly deny his management decisions have been an unmitigated disaster. This is the weapon which can have an impact on RD, not petitions that claim unsubstantiated failings.

These facts just need to be hurled at RD and KM over and over again from as many sources as possible. It is only inescapable truths which can have an impact on RD. The supporters' vanishing interest is also a fact. Showing tokens of anger shows the depth of despair of supporters, but it shouldn't replace confronting RD with facts to prove his failings and his misplaced priorities.

The board needs to man up and confront RD and demand an explanation. Either RD changes his ideas or the club risks dying is a message RD cannot logically argue against, and I suspect RD is avery logical man.

There is nowhere left for him to hide, there is nothing left for KM to justify.

We need to take whatever action we can that hastens RD having to acknowledge his failure in implementing his secret vision so he has no option but admit himself he must radically change his management methodology, if only for his sake, if he doesn't care about our sake.

I seem to recall Katrien admitting some time ago that they have made mistakes and underestimated the quality of players required. In some ways they have addressed that by bringing in quality such as Watt, Gudmundson, Kashi and have stopped signing the Koc's, Lepoint etc. However now they are badly underestimating the depth of squad required and of course the consistent fault of being clueless about managerial appointments. There can be no denying that he has done some good things which are being completely overshadowed by failures related to the playing side. He's either a very slow learner, very stubborn or he has some other motive for going out of his way to alienate us fans. Perhaps he's a secret Millwall supporter!
    But isn't that all it is? A lack of depth of squad?
    No, that doesn't cover the lack of a communications strategy or head of department, the 1,500 "lost" season tickets, the chaotic approach to away travel, programme sales, the catering voucher debacle, the Crossbars mess last season, the mad pricing policy that allows fans to buy cheap and sit in high value seats, the plan to change the player of the year regardless of the views of people who organise it, shutting the ticket office on Thursdays or the failure to acknowledge correspondence - all signs of a chief executive out of her depth.
    So if we had another say 10 points from our last 8 games, would there still be the scream up there is at the minute?
    I take it you are a fan of the Belgians then?
  • Options

Quality piece.

Carefully doesn't knock RDs vision (because no one knows what it is) and only describes the facts and reality.

How can RD possibly deny his management decisions have been an unmitigated disaster. This is the weapon which can have an impact on RD, not petitions that claim unsubstantiated failings.

These facts just need to be hurled at RD and KM over and over again from as many sources as possible. It is only inescapable truths which can have an impact on RD. The supporters' vanishing interest is also a fact. Showing tokens of anger shows the depth of despair of supporters, but it shouldn't replace confronting RD with facts to prove his failings and his misplaced priorities.

The board needs to man up and confront RD and demand an explanation. Either RD changes his ideas or the club risks dying is a message RD cannot logically argue against, and I suspect RD is avery logical man.

We need to take whatever action we can that hastens RD having to acknowledge his failure in implementing his secret vision so he has no option but admit himself he must radically change his management methodology, if only for his sake, if he doesn't care about our sake.

I seem to recall Katrien admitting some time ago that they have made mistakes and underestimated the quality of players required. In some ways they have addressed that by bringing in quality such as Watt, Gudmundson, Kashi and have stopped signing the Koc's, Lepoint etc. However now they are badly underestimating the depth of squad required and of course the consistent fault of being clueless about managerial appointments. There can be no denying that he has done some good things which are being completely overshadowed by failures related to the playing side. He's either a very slow learner, very stubborn or he has some other motive for going out of his way to alienate us fans. Perhaps he's a secret Millwall supporter!
    No, that doesn't cover the lack of a communications strategy or head of department, the 1,500 "lost" season tickets, the chaotic approach to away travel, programme sales, the catering voucher debacle, the Crossbars mess last season, the mad pricing policy that allows fans to buy cheap and sit in high value seats, the plan to change the player of the year regardless of the views of people who organise it, shutting the ticket office on Thursdays or the failure to acknowledge correspondence - all signs of a chief executive out of her depth.
    So if we had another say 10 points from our last 8 games, would there still be the scream up there is at the minute?
    I have tried really hard to go with the flow, and not be confrontational with posts over the last few months, but this really needs a "what the fuck are you talking about?".

If we were top of our champions league group having just defeated Bayern 6-1 we wouldn't be having a "scream up".

Or if we were Biggleswade Town and we were playing Sheffield United at home in first round of the FA cup next week we wouldn't be having a "scream up".

But we are Charlton Athletic and it's November 2015, we have just lost four matches on the bounce, the last three 3-0, two of them at home to the mighty Preston and Brentford. We have a coach who was struggling to keep a team in the Belgian third division, and we are second from bottom of the league with a worse goal difference than fucking Rotherham.

That is reality. That is what the rest of us are facing. We could all live in a fantasy world and pretend nothing is wrong, but most of us see it for what it is mate...
    Well said that man
  • Options

Quality piece.

I have tried really hard to go with the flow, and not be confrontational with posts over the last few months, but this really needs a "what the fuck are you talking about?".

If we were top of our champions league group having just defeated Bayern 6-1 we wouldn't be having a "scream up".

Or if we were Biggleswade Town and we were playing Sheffield United at home in first round of the FA cup next week we wouldn't be having a "scream up".

But we are Charlton Athletic and it's November 2015, we have just lost four matches on the bounce, the last three 3-0, two of them at home to the mighty Preston and Brentford. We have a coach who was struggling to keep a team in the Belgian third division, and we are second from bottom of the league with a worse goal difference than fucking Rotherham.

That is reality. That is what the rest of us are facing. We could all live in a fantasy world and pretend nothing is wrong, but most of us see it for what it is mate...
    All i am saying is the overreaction wouldnt have happened if we had another 10 points on the board, you cannot deny that! It may have festered away below the surface yes, especially from those with a grievance but the shit flying around at the moment is laughable.
    We have been shit on the pitch i agree but maybe it was due to a lack of depth which has probably not passed those in charge by and will probably be addressed in January.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the belgians no, as I'm english and support Charlton, but the fella is dipping his hand in his pocket! How much has he spent on us so far? Would you seriously tell supporters your budgets etc if you were in charge? Ffs get a grip, he's only been here 18 months!

if we end up in league 1 again, so be it, it will cost him even more to get his plan up and running, but at least we will still have a club to support coz i can't see him walking away.
  • Options
    What plan up and running is that ?
  • Options

Whatever one he has thought up!
  • Options

Give it up R

I got an email this morning from the club asking if I would be available on the 10th Nov for the meeting at The RD Valley so I'll get my point across then.

Did anyone else who got the email notice the option to buy a 7th floor apartment in the new Floyd Towers in 2018 ? Views over the Thames apparently.
  • Options

Quality piece.

All i am saying is the overreaction wouldnt have happened if we had another 10 points on the board, you cannot deny that! It may have festered away below the surface yes, especially from those with a grievance but the shit flying around at the moment is laughable.
    We have been shit on the pitch i agree but maybe it was due to a lack of depth which has probably not passed those in charge by and will probably be addressed in January.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the belgians no, as I'm english and support Charlton, but the fella is dipping his hand in his pocket! How much has he spent on us so far? Would you seriously tell supporters your budgets etc if you were in charge? Ffs get a grip, he's only been here 18 months!

if we end up in league 1 again, so be it, it will cost him even more to get his plan up and running, but at least we will still have a club to support coz i can't see him walking away.
    "Shit flying around is laughable"

I take it you will not be protesting at 14.30 then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Give it up R

I got an email this morning from the club asking if I would be available on the 10th Nov for the meeting at The RD Valley so I'll get my point across then.

Did anyone else who got the email notice the option to buy a 7th floor apartment in the new Floyd Towers in 2018 ? Views over the Thames apparently.
    I've put in a 'hold' notice for two
  • Options
    2.30 when?
  • Options

2.30 when?

Next Saturday v Chef Wendy. 2.30pm behind the West Stand. Be there or be square.
  • Options

2.30 when?

Next Saturday v Chef Wendy. 2.30pm behind the West Stand. Be there or be square.
    I'll be holding a pink carnation and a copy of Thursday's Daily Telegraph.
  • Options

Quality piece.

Really? I give up...
  • Options
    @Algarveaddick sorry mate I'm not saying it to cause problems but seriously would this have kicked off like this if we had those 20 points?
  • Options

@Algarveaddick sorry mate I'm not saying it to cause problems but seriously would this have kicked off like this if we had those 20 points?

You are obviously on a wind up.
  • Options
    If my auntie had a pair of balls she'd be my uncle.
    But she doesn't, so she isn't.

Honestly creepy, why bother with irrelevant "what ifs"? Yes, the situation might be different if some of the results were different. But they weren't so it's not.
    You might as well say "What if the Nazis had won the war? Would we even have a football team?" Possibly not, but they didn't, and we do.

Just.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I was kicking up a fuss the second these guys bought us. The writing is on the wall, pull the wool from your eyes and you will see that our Football Club is no longer what it should be - and it's heading in the completely wrong direction. The points have no part to play except for a quicker degeneration down to League One and showing up RD and his plan for what it is to those from the outside (non Charlton fans). A solo experiment that will burn Football Clubs to the ground.

• Options
    Ok fair enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope mine wasn't taken as a dig, but points aren't too relevant in the long term - I guess opinions will differ. It's obvious the only really crying has come SINCE the on pitch has got bad but to me that is just further unneeded proof that we're in rotten hands, where as to others it may be the only proof.

End of the day - we're in the position because of their lack of care for the squad and first team, injuries have not been unlucky they are part of the game - poor training, purchasing players with bad medical history, lack of a good pre-season all played it's part, players being overplayed, luck has barely played a part IMO. Also getting rid of real leaders plays a part in where we are, you need tough experienced figures at this point and they've been sold/given away for pennies. RD is the master of the downfall is the point.

• Options
    We are where we're at due to a gradual erosion once Duchatelet told Powell who to pick in Sheffield.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

You're not as 'clever' * as various on here R. Don't be bloody trying to ask questions.

Edit - * or as psychic it seems.
  • Options

Not sure why the digs at @creepyaddick

What happened in Feb-Apr proved what he is saying is correct if you are applying it to the masses

I don't think they're digs. Just pointing out that 'what ifs' are pointless. It's nothing personal from me and I don't read it as such from anyone else either.