Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

City a.m. wade in against Duchatelet

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely spot on. Great article. Not OTT. Perfectly reasonable and thought through.
  • Options
    He didn't buy Charlton to ruin it. I hope he listens and does what's necessary.
  • Options
    Just superb!
  • Options
    Great last line
  • Options
    Very good article hard to disagree with what he has written.
    Its not just Charlton that is in trouble the whole of the game could well full apart when the money drys up.Okay that day is many years away but it will happen and when it does we will have to look inwards rather than to business men in the corners of some small little country.
  • Options

Quality piece.

Carefully doesn't knock RDs vision (because no one knows what it is) and only describes the facts and reality.

How can RD possibly deny his management decisions have been an unmitigated disaster. This is the weapon which can have an impact on RD, not petitions that claim unsubstantiated failings.

These facts just need to be hurled at RD and KM over and over again from as many sources as possible. It is only inescapable truths which can have an impact on RD. The supporters' vanishing interest is also a fact. Showing tokens of anger shows the depth of despair of supporters, but it shouldn't replace confronting RD with facts to prove his failings and his misplaced priorities.

The board needs to man up and confront RD and demand an explanation. Either RD changes his ideas or the club risks dying is a message RD cannot logically argue against, and I suspect RD is avery logical man.

There is nowhere left for him to hide, there is nothing left for KM to justify.

We need to take whatever action we can that hastens RD having to acknowledge his failure in implementing his secret vision so he has no option but admit himself he must radically change his management methodology, if only for his sake, if he doesn't care about our sake.

I seem to recall Katrien admitting some time ago that they have made mistakes and underestimated the quality of players required. In some ways they have addressed that by bringing in quality such as Watt, Gudmundson, Kashi and have stopped signing the Koc's, Lepoint etc. However now they are badly underestimating the depth of squad required and of course the consistent fault of being clueless about managerial appointments. There can be no denying that he has done some good things which are being completely overshadowed by failures related to the playing side. He's either a very slow learner, very stubborn or he has some other motive for going out of his way to alienate us fans. Perhaps he's a secret Millwall supporter!
    But isn't that all it is? A lack of depth of squad?
    No, that doesn't cover the lack of a communications strategy or head of department, the 1,500 "lost" season tickets, the chaotic approach to away travel, programme sales, the catering voucher debacle, the Crossbars mess last season, the mad pricing policy that allows fans to buy cheap and sit in high value seats, the plan to change the player of the year regardless of the views of people who organise it, shutting the ticket office on Thursdays or the failure to acknowledge correspondence - all signs of a chief executive out of her depth.
    Changing the player of the year? I missed that one, what was that about?
  • Options

Quality piece.

Carefully doesn't knock RDs vision (because no one knows what it is) and only describes the facts and reality.

How can RD possibly deny his management decisions have been an unmitigated disaster. This is the weapon which can have an impact on RD, not petitions that claim unsubstantiated failings.

These facts just need to be hurled at RD and KM over and over again from as many sources as possible. It is only inescapable truths which can have an impact on RD. The supporters' vanishing interest is also a fact. Showing tokens of anger shows the depth of despair of supporters, but it shouldn't replace confronting RD with facts to prove his failings and his misplaced priorities.

The board needs to man up and confront RD and demand an explanation. Either RD changes his ideas or the club risks dying is a message RD cannot logically argue against, and I suspect RD is avery logical man.

We need to take whatever action we can that hastens RD having to acknowledge his failure in implementing his secret vision so he has no option but admit himself he must radically change his management methodology, if only for his sake, if he doesn't care about our sake.

I seem to recall Katrien admitting some time ago that they have made mistakes and underestimated the quality of players required. In some ways they have addressed that by bringing in quality such as Watt, Gudmundson, Kashi and have stopped signing the Koc's, Lepoint etc. However now they are badly underestimating the depth of squad required and of course the consistent fault of being clueless about managerial appointments. There can be no denying that he has done some good things which are being completely overshadowed by failures related to the playing side. He's either a very slow learner, very stubborn or he has some other motive for going out of his way to alienate us fans. Perhaps he's a secret Millwall supporter!
    No, that doesn't cover the lack of a communications strategy or head of department, the 1,500 "lost" season tickets, the chaotic approach to away travel, programme sales, the catering voucher debacle, the Crossbars mess last season, the mad pricing policy that allows fans to buy cheap and sit in high value seats, the plan to change the player of the year regardless of the views of people who organise it, shutting the ticket office on Thursdays or the failure to acknowledge correspondence - all signs of a chief executive out of her depth.
    Changing the player of the year? I missed that one, what was that about?
    Next up ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godd article. Could have mentioned telling Chris Powell what players to pick including that clown of a goalkeeper
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Realise Roderick his a robber.
  • Options

Quality piece.

Well said
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Next in line after Karel...
  • Options
    Ah, Rodders.
    Is his middle name Charlton, by any chance?
  • Options
    Well said that man.
  • Options
    What an excellent, honest and accurate article.

This should be forwarded to all Charlton fans.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Good article, but the examples of Watford and Brentford are flawed.
    Watford just had a better network of clubs to pick their players from and had a British player who scored for fun in the championship: Troy Deeney as well as getting Ighalo from the Udinese conection.

Brentford sacked Warburton because he didn't believe in the Mathematical modelling of the owner. so despite getting Brentford to the Play offs which was an amazing over achievement he got sacked.
    Until their 2 wins in a week they were below us in the table.

The Rolandesque way of running a club is flawed on so many levels but to give examples of these two clubs because they are doing better on the pitch at the moment just doesn't hold water.
  • Options
    Great article. Says what most if not allfans think and feel about how the club is being run. Not sure what this will change but if enough bad press gets out there it can only hurt the business and this is likely to force RD's hand, either to cash in his chips, albeit at a loss or to twist and buy a new set of cards.

Keep up the momentum, it feels at least as though we are all in it together (RD excluded).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good article, but the examples of Watford and Brentford are flawed.
    Watford just had a better network of clubs to pick their players from and had a British player who scored for fun in the championship: Troy Deeney as well as getting Ighalo from the Udinese conection.

Brentford sacked Warburton because he didn't believe in the Mathematical modelling of the owner. so despite getting Brentford to the Play offs which was an amazing over achievement he got sacked.
    Until their 2 wins in a week they were below us in the table.

The Rolandesque way of running a club is flawed on so many levels but to give examples of these two clubs because they are doing better on the pitch at the moment just doesn't hold water.

But it's quite important that Watford have a better network, or more precisely, a better balanced one. Players from the various clubs are more likely to be of use to the other clubs because they are of similar level. As for Brentford Benham is an odd character, but may well share a similar view of how the world works to RD. However a crucial difference is that Benham is a footie fan who has invested in the club he supports.
  • Options
    Excellent article but reminds you of the train crash that is now CAFC! So depressing.
  • Options
    Such a depressing read.

This is the bit that really hit me

no permanent manager or head coach, no permanent first team coach, no official director of football, no chief scout, no head of communications

What a farce.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm not sure Liege benefited much from being top of the pyramid when they were part of it, just as I don't expect us to now we are at the top! To have any chance of working, surely you need evenly matched clubs with similar standards of player!
  • Options

Quality piece.

So if we had another say 10 points from our last 8 games, would there still be the scream up there is at the minute?
  • Options
    Just caught up with, this great read.

The sooner Pinocchio goes the better as far as I am concerned, hate the woman with a passion.
  • Options

Quality piece.

Don't think they're underestimating the depth of squad required, they simply don't want senior players on decent contracts who aren't playing. That's why we didn't have a replacement goalie for Henderson, when he returned from injury we would have had an excess of Goalkeepers. Same reason we gave Morrison away I understand, on a decent wage & not "good enough" to be playing ? Get rid off of the wage bill !
  • Options
    Are we actually now worse off with Leige out of the network? I mean, we can't even loan players like Bulot and Buyens now, arguably two of our better performers last season.
  • Options

Are we actually now worse off with Leige out of the network? I mean, we can't even loan players like Bulot and Buyens now, arguably two of our better performers last season.

I think almost certainly we are. As previous poster said, the reason the Watford experiment 'worked' was because of the quality of the players they were able to call upon within the network.Who can we call upon now? Alcorcons reserve team?
    Does the sale of SL and the obvious reluctance of Roly to invest in us mean that his vision of the network is waning?
    In some respects, ok, we are due for some real painful times ahead, but i can see a time in say 2/3 years time when RD will just get fed up with it all, and just cut his losses - after all, what is a 20 million loss to a billionaire when he gets fed up with his plaything?. Then hopefully someone worthy can snap up a bargain?
    I happened to spot on another forum that RD responded to an email sent to him asking what his plan was for CAFC? - and his response was 'i dont have a plan'
    If we didnt know already, we have got some very painful times ahead.