Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Class of '92

Comments

• Options

Really enjoyed that. Couldn't believe how poor imo the management duo were.

At a very shite level, I did pre match / half time team talks for 20 years. But regardless of level, the concept is the same and there are so many different variables and approaches you have to use but it should always be focused on not just eeking out more effort, but tactically adjusting / capitalising on how other teams are set up, what their strengths and weaknesses are etc.

Just balling and intimidating is a one trick that will never have much of a long term effect and that's all they had, along with it all being about themselves (repeated letting us down etc). Thought the way they dropped that lad who had given a lot for the club and looked like he was gonna cry was ridiculously ott

Would be interested in others views who have been in similar dressing rooms over the years.

I was watching the pair of them and thinking back over the people i've played for in the similar mould. Made a career at that level by having good players but adapting a kick bollock and bite attitude. The higher they go, the more they will be found out.

Proper pair of knobs.
  • Options
    Notts C have Roy Caroll, Alan Smith, Jon Stead and Izale McLeod starting.
  • Options
    it was a good documentary but bits about it annoyed me. it just seemed bits were scripted in to add drama.
    such as hiring two sociopaths, having a knees up on a Thursday then moaning about it, moaning about a player going modelling - I don't think we are top of his priorities. no shit, he's got a kid and a mortgage and in a few weeks you wont be paying him at all. the first episode was better, though they never seemed to get that these people have day jobs.
    then there's the volunteers. just give em a bit of drink money Gary! maybe a nice bonus Gary?! na we'll give em a dinner. great. cheers Gary.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Macronate said:

"Izale McLeod, formally of Crawley."

I can't be the only one that lost it at that point... should know better after seeing Charlton ignored for years and years
  • Options

Macronate said:

"Izale McLeod, formally of Crawley."

I can't be the only one that lost it at that point... should know better after seeing Charlton ignored for years and years
    To be honest, I'd probably like to forget much of his time with us as well...along with however much of our parachute money that was spent on him.
  • Options
    Great game tonight on the back of those two really insightful documentaries.
  • Options
    Salford have the type of blood and guts players Karel Fraeye should have been scouting. Not some of the namby pamby foreign shite we've been served up. :wink:
  • Options
    Salford have a significantly better defence than us!
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoying this game.

Downside is that I'm dreading even more the passionless heap of shit I'll doubtless see tomorrow.

I shouldn't feel like that. Charlton is meant to be a pleasure otherwise what is the point?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Downside is that I'm dreading even more the passionless heap of shit I'll doubtless see tomorrow.

I shouldn't feel like that. Charlton is meant to be a pleasure otherwise what is the point?

Who told you Charlton would be a pleasure ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

LenGlover said:

Who told you Charlton would be a pleasure ?
    Good point well made.

I should know better after 52 years!
  • Options
    Great display by Salford - played with passion and skill.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

It's all about PMA - positive mental attitude. The players have to be stoked up. Unfortunately, Luzon got himself more pumped up than the players. Karel - he looks so laid backed he could fall asleep in a minute.
    I agree with you Len. Think we're gonna get served another load of passionless pony tomorrow. :rage:
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Enjoyed watching that match v Notts County more than I'm enjoying watching Charlton at the moment, well played .

I hope our players show as much commitment ,heart and professionalism tomorrow and prove me wrong.
  • Options

Salford have the type of blood and guts players Karel Fraeye should have been scouting. Not some of the namby pamby foreign shite we've been served up. :wink:

To say nothing of a co-manager who scares me even from the other side of the television screen.
  • Options
    sm said:

To say nothing of a co-manager who scares me even from the other side of the television screen.
    That guy has the eyes of a psychopath. No wonder they're playing well, would dread to think of the consequences.
  • Options
    Passion
    Enjoyment
    Scoring goals
    Keeping clean sheets
    Owners who give a f--k

Wasn't like watching Belgium Athletic SE 7 was it
  • Options
    Poole, Hulme and lynch all looked better than what we currently have hahaha
  • Options

I think that second goal should be a contender for goal of the season. If it'd been scored at a premiership ground they'd have been crowing about it continuously. Scored on that pitch it was little short of a miracle!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    LenGlover said:

That's it Len old son, up and at em! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think that second goal should be a contender for goal of the season. If it'd been scored at a premiership ground they'd have been crowing about it continuously. Scored on that pitch it was little short of a miracle!
    Agreed the way he took 3 opponents out of play with one turn was awesome.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    I couldn't help thinking that if we get them in the çup we would lose
  • Options

You just know the way things are going, you'll draw them in the 3rd round!
  • Options

exactly what I said to my son last night.

"Could we go" he said (if it was away).

Yeah, good one.
  • Options

It'll be a crime if G Nev doesn't get the England job after Roy.

Absolutely. Would me my choice.
    Not 100% sure about that given he's not got any managerial experience, but then again if the other option is Pardew....
  • Options
    Salford promoted via the playoffs yesterday.
    2nd promotion in 2 years.
    Will play in the National League North next year.
    They'll also be filming a 2nd series next year too
  • Options
    Salford programme on now BBC1.
  • Options
    Be playing them in a couple of seasons
  • Options
    Good programme that.