Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:

I might be being simplistic but it seems to me extraordinary that the Trust is not to be formally invited. As worthy and eloquent as others may be, including the founders/leaders of major internet fora, the Trust has 1,000 PAYING members and many more "associate" fans signed up for information.

Where else is there a bigger representative sample of our fans, let alone one where the members actually dig into their pockets to join?

If the Trust isn't there (and I would strongly support @rikofold as my nominee) then the whole thing should be boycotted. (And no, I'm not Mrs rikofold, or on the Trust board, or anything else - I'm just a member of the Trust who believes they are good people with the right aims).

The Trust HAVE been invited.

Richard Pemberton's name is one the list as the Trust's representative.
  • Options

Fanny are you still on the FF ? Please say yes.

Officially, yes, CE.

However, I have intimated that I will stand down , mainly due to our move away into E.Sussex recently but also because there may be no more POTY dinners to organise if KM has her way.

We'll see what happens on 10th November.

There'll be no players worthy of a dinner if Agent Merde gets her way.
  • Options
    Here is the report from the Trust re the AGM discussion.

http://www.castrust.org/2015/11/charlton-in-disarray-how-should-we-respond/
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options

Officially, yes, CE.

However, I have intimated that I will stand down , mainly due to our move away into E.Sussex recently but also because there may be no more POTY dinners to organise if KM has her way.

Stand down after you've saved the club :-)
    Saint Jean !

Hmm, sounds good but the powers that be would surely have me burnt at the stake before then !

Anything we can do to help, let us know
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

i don't understand all this 'wait for the meeting' business - the appointment of this latest no hoper and the fact he may get the job if he does well is good enough for me to 'declare war' and get rid - actions speak louder than words and regardless of whats said by the meire, we know the score with this lot so unleash hell it is as far as i'm concerned - i was prepared to support them up until this latest fiasco but its gone too far now - they have to be seen off now and quick.

You do realise this is the Charlton athletic trust...?
    ...Not the third Reich!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Officially, yes, CE.

Stand down after you've saved the club :-)
    Saint Jean !

Hmm, sounds good but the powers that be would surely have me burnt at the stake before then !

Anything we can do to help, let us know
    Whatever happens over the next few weeks, one thing I'm guessing will be a positive, stonemuse.

The " All for One and One for All " mentality.

All Addicks together and in light of the upcoming film, " May the force be with us " !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

DOUCHER said:

i don't understand all this 'wait for the meeting' business - the appointment of this latest no hoper and the fact he may get the job if he does well is good enough for me to 'declare war' and get rid - actions speak louder than words and regardless of whats said by the meire, we know the score with this lot so unleash hell it is as far as i'm concerned - i was prepared to support them up until this latest fiasco but its gone too far now - they have to be seen off now and quick.

You do realise this is the Charlton athletic trust...?
    ...Not the third Reich!
    if we have to invade belgium, so be it - if the douchebag doesn't go quietly, we can't rule anything out
  • Options

Davo55 said:

I might be being simplistic but it seems to me extraordinary that the Trust is not to be formally invited. As worthy and eloquent as others may be, including the founders/leaders of major internet fora, the Trust has 1,000 PAYING members and many more "associate" fans signed up for information.

Where else is there a bigger representative sample of our fans, let alone one where the members actually dig into their pockets to join?

If the Trust isn't there (and I would strongly support @rikofold as my nominee) then the whole thing should be boycotted. (And no, I'm not Mrs rikofold, or on the Trust board, or anything else - I'm just a member of the Trust who believes they are good people with the right aims).

Good, thanks HI. I missed that.
  • Options

Here is the report from the Trust re the AGM discussion.

http://www.castrust.org/2015/11/charlton-in-disarray-how-should-we-respond/

Thanks @Weegie Addick, but this reports the ifs and buts and not the decisions ( that I can see anyway). Will the Trust actually be attending and representing the broad view of members/fans, or will it back off in the hope that this will lead to a warmer relationship with the Board?
  • Options
    yes, the Trust will be attending
  • Options
    I think Pillock is a bit generous..
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Davo55 said:

Yeah but he's a self-important pillock - what's he going to bring to the table? ;-)
    I was accosted by him once outside a Pret in the City. Seemed OK though.
  • Options

Officially, yes, CE.

I understand that KM wants to go more up market with the POTY dinners, which translates into charging a shit load more money for a far lower standard of do.

On the basis she couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery I doubt it will get off the ground or if it does only a handful of the elite will be there.

Please try to exert pressure Fanny to keep the status quo, I doubt the puppet will listen, (after all as you nose grows your hearing gets worse I'm told) but please try as it's been a tried and tested success for many years now.

She will never get our fan base and what we are all about.
    Hope that is not true, and sounds terribly 'corporate'
    I think it also disregards the excellent work that Ian Wallace and Jean ( Fanny) have done to keep this going, and be available to the 'ordinary fan'.
    With the VG dinner 'scrapped' earlier this year I think this is part of the current philosophy of the current board's problem.: The lack of engagement beetween fan and club.
    feeling valued, and part of the club. Personally, I do not go to these events because of the food.
  • Options
    "Roland wound the key on his Camberwick Green-style musical box"
    Quote from AFKA.

Poo,Poo,Barmy.we Lose, Rough but, Piddle and Rub.

There's no smoke without fire ?

OK Anoraks, it was Trumptons but
    RD and KM have made me Discombobulated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here is the party line from Valley Gold:

Dear Valley Gold member,

As you may be aware, Charlton CEO Katrien Meire and Non-Executive Chairman Richard Murray will meet with fan representatives in the near future, to discuss recent concerns surrounding the club.

A representative from Valley Gold has been invited to this meeting, and we would like to invite questions or comments from our members to be raised during the meeting. Valley Gold's position remains unchanged despite the unrest around the club currently. Our primary aim in recent years has always been to contribute financially to our successful Academy setup, and we are committed to continue achieving this.

If you would like to express your concerns or pose a question to Katrien and Richard, please e-mail sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk by 5pm on Friday November 6th.
  • Options
    how may of these reps have been elected and now represent a 'live' group I wonder? #justsayin
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    razil said:

how may of these reps have been elected and now represent a 'live' group I wonder? #justsayin

I'm sure someone will be along to correct/abuse me, but as far as I know Bromley, East Kent and possibly NWK are the only active groups that have player q&a meetings. Whether or not the other groups have dinners or not I do not know, but I am sure that they do not have player q&a meetings.

Edit: Maidstone had one meeting last year and have dinners. West Sussex and Brighton had a meeting last year, and the Reminiscence group meet every week.
  • Options

Here is the party line from Valley Gold:

Dear Valley Gold member,

As you may be aware, Charlton CEO Katrien Meire and Non-Executive Chairman Richard Murray will meet with fan representatives in the near future, to discuss recent concerns surrounding the club.

A representative from Valley Gold has been invited to this meeting, and we would like to invite questions or comments from our members to be raised during the meeting. Valley Gold's position remains unchanged despite the unrest around the club currently. Our primary aim in recent years has always been to contribute financially to our successful Academy setup, and we are committed to continue achieving this.

If you would like to express your concerns or pose a question to Katrien and Richard, please e-mail sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk by 5pm on Friday November 6th.

I have emailed Sharron and asked who this person is and how he/she was selected, I'll let you all know if I get an answer
  • Options
    razil said:

Craig the VIP rep has no live group as the club disbanded this at the end of last season
  • Options
    I think it is Sharron, as she is listed on the OS in the list
  • Options
    It suddenly occurs to me that one way to hit the club would be to stop paying into Valley Gold. This would have the benefit of cutting off money without it having any real impact on those paying it. There would be no games to miss, no rumbling tummies when hungry at half time and for those that have season tickets they would not be paying for something and then not receiving it.
  • Options
    Could someone clarify for me who these people are and which group(s) they represent:

* Keith Blair - keithblair@hotmail.co.uk
    * Graham Mackley - g_mackley@sky.com
    * Craig Parrett – craig_cafc_vip@yahoo.co.uk
    * John Perkins - j.perkins1947@hotmail.co.uk
    * John Bennett - editor@fireworks-mag.org
    * Christine Lawrie - chrislawrie2@gmail.com
    * Vernon Roper - vernon.roper@virgin.net
    * Ian Wallis - IanLWallis@aol.com
    * Jean Huelin – jeanhuelin@sky.com
    * Richard Pemberton – enquiries@castrust.org (The Trust assumedly ?)
    * John Commerford - ekaddicks@talktalk.net
    * Sharron Sherress - sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk (got this one - Valley Gold)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-katrien-meire-richard-murray-meeting-fans-2773127.aspx#16Cioifw05yvboVH.99
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Could someone clarify for me who these people are and which group(s) they represent:

* Keith Blair - keithblair@hotmail.co.uk
    * Graham Mackley - g_mackley@sky.com
    * Craig Parrett – craig_cafc_vip@yahoo.co.uk Was 5 year VIP tickets, now does the admin for the Fans Forum
    * John Perkins - j.perkins1947@hotmail.co.uk
    * John Bennett - editor@fireworks-mag.org Hastings and Bexhill
    * Christine Lawrie - chrislawrie2@gmail.com Reminiscence Group
    * Vernon Roper - vernon.roper@virgin.net Valley Express
    * Ian Wallis - IanLWallis@aol.com Bromley Addicks
    * Jean Huelin – jeanhuelin@sky.com North West Kent Addicks
    * Richard Pemberton – enquiries@castrust.org (The Trust assumedly ?)
    * John Commerford - ekaddicks@talktalk.net East Kent Addicks
    * Sharron Sherress - sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk (got this one - Valley Gold)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-katrien-meire-richard-murray-meeting-fans-2773127.aspx#16Cioifw05yvboVH.99

Done the ones that I know
  • Options
    CADSA? Overseas Addicks? Train Travel?