Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options

CADSA? Overseas Addicks? Train Travel?

Syd Cheesewright deals with the train travel, but was not listed on that list. This is the list on the Fans Forum area of the OS

http://www.cafc.co.uk/fans/fans_forum/
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thought vernon was brighton or sussex or something, thought commeford had quit

• Options
    razil said:

Thought vernon was brighton or sussex or something, thought commeford had quit

Vernon Roper is in charge of the Valley Express according to the Official Site.

John Commerford has stepped down as the East Kent Addicks representative for the Fans Forum, although he remains as the chairman of East Kent Addicks.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Could someone clarify for me who these people are and which group(s) they represent:

* Keith Blair - keithblair@hotmail.co.uk Tony's little brother
    * Craig Parrett – craig_cafc_vip@yahoo.co.uk Runs Charlton Vicars in Peril group
    * John Perkins - j.perkins1947@hotmail.co.uk Dunno, but apparently he's 68 years old
    * John Bennett - editor@fireworks-mag.org Local pyrotechnic literature expert
    * Christine Lawrie - chrislawrie2@gmail.com One of the two Chris Laurie's that works for Google
    * Vernon Roper - vernon.roper@virgin.net Looking for virgins to catch in his large virgin catching net
    * Jean Huelin – jeanhuelin@sky.com Runs Sky

• Options
    Bet they cancel at the last minute
  • Options

Bet they cancel at the last minute

Since this has now been widely publicised on the OS and involves so many groups I don't think they could get away with that this time.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Davo55 said:

I might be being simplistic but it seems to me extraordinary that the Trust is not to be formally invited. As worthy and eloquent as others may be, including the founders/leaders of major internet fora, the Trust has 1,000 PAYING members and many more "associate" fans signed up for information.

Where else is there a bigger representative sample of our fans, let alone one where the members actually dig into their pockets to join?

If the Trust isn't there (and I would strongly support @rikofold as my nominee) then the whole thing should be boycotted. (And no, I'm not Mrs rikofold, or on the Trust board, or anything else - I'm just a member of the Trust who believes they are good people with the right aims).

The Trust HAVE been invited.

Richard Pemberton's name is one the list as the Trust's representative.
    Yeah but he's a self-important pillock - what's he going to bring to the table? ;-)
    I was accosted by him once outside a Pret in the City. Seemed OK though.
    Damn Roland and his spies everywhere...
  • Options
    How many paid up members do each of these groups have then ?

Why the VIP guy of it no longer exists?

Why nobody from the gay addicks group ?
  • Options
    excuse my ignorance but is Sharron Sherress from Valley Gold a CAFC supporter or just, in the nicest possible way, a paid employee who admins VG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

* Jean Huelin – jeanhuelin@sky.com Runs Sky

Now I know who to email about Fulham home and Ipswich home
  • Options
    Coach steward ?
  • Options

Here is the party line from Valley Gold:

Dear Valley Gold member,

As you may be aware, Charlton CEO Katrien Meire and Non-Executive Chairman Richard Murray will meet with fan representatives in the near future, to discuss recent concerns surrounding the club.

A representative from Valley Gold has been invited to this meeting, and we would like to invite questions or comments from our members to be raised during the meeting. Valley Gold's position remains unchanged despite the unrest around the club currently. Our primary aim in recent years has always been to contribute financially to our successful Academy setup, and we are committed to continue achieving this.

If you would like to express your concerns or pose a question to Katrien and Richard, please e-mail sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk by 5pm on Friday November 6th.

I have emailed Sharron and asked who this person is and how he/she was selected, I'll let you all know if I get an answer
    Sharron is the Valley Gold Administrator and the usual Fans' Forum rep for this group. She's employed by Valley Gold, not by the football club, to be clear. She's a good egg.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Dear Valley Gold member,

As you may be aware, Charlton CEO Katrien Meire and Non-Executive Chairman Richard Murray will meet with fan representatives in the near future, to discuss recent concerns surrounding the club.

A representative from Valley Gold has been invited to this meeting, and we would like to invite questions or comments from our members to be raised during the meeting. Valley Gold's position remains unchanged despite the unrest around the club currently. Our primary aim in recent years has always been to contribute financially to our successful Academy setup, and we are committed to continue achieving this.

If you would like to express your concerns or pose a question to Katrien and Richard, please e-mail sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk by 5pm on Friday November 6th.

I have emailed Sharron and asked who this person is and how he/she was selected, I'll let you all know if I get an answer
    Sharron is the Valley Gold Administrator and the usual Fans' Forum rep for this group. She's employed by Valley Gold, not by the football club, to be clear. She's a good egg.
    she may be a good egg, whatever that means, but is she a Charlton football supporter. we need committed supporters to represent us at this meeting not just good eggs.

This comment is not meant to denigrate Sharron in any way but we are talking about the future of our club and that is very important.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Dear Valley Gold member,

she may be a good egg, whatever that means, but is she a Charlton football supporter. we need committed supporters to represent us at this meeting not just good eggs.

This comment is not meant to denigrate Sharron in any way but we are talking about the future of our club and that is very important.
    I was about to ask the same question. Highly relevant I would have thought.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

rikofold said:

Davo55 said:

I might be being simplistic but it seems to me extraordinary that the Trust is not to be formally invited. As worthy and eloquent as others may be, including the founders/leaders of major internet fora, the Trust has 1,000 PAYING members and many more "associate" fans signed up for information.

Where else is there a bigger representative sample of our fans, let alone one where the members actually dig into their pockets to join?

If the Trust isn't there (and I would strongly support @rikofold as my nominee) then the whole thing should be boycotted. (And no, I'm not Mrs rikofold, or on the Trust board, or anything else - I'm just a member of the Trust who believes they are good people with the right aims).

Yeah but he's a self-important pillock - what's he going to bring to the table? ;-)
    If a bit too good looking, if you know what I mean...
  • Options
    Lack of Red Division representation on that list is shocking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

Davo55 said:

If a bit too good looking, if you know what I mean...
    Not how I recall the meeting : - )
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    rikofold said:

It suddenly occurs to me that one way to hit the club would be to stop paying into Valley Gold. This would have the benefit of cutting off money without it having any real impact on those paying it. There would be no games to miss, no rumbling tummies when hungry at half time and for those that have season tickets they would not be paying for something and then not receiving it.

This was suggested at the CASTrust AGM as well. The view I expressed, for what it's worth, is that it's kind of like shooting yourself in the foot. Valley Gold contributes money into the Academy, and that's the basis of people's membership. It's been a consistent success in recent years and it's done things like sponsor player trips etc that wouldn't have happened otherwise. It's kids' development and futures, all good value to Charlton in the longer term, and whilst on the surface it might appear to be an easy hit it's the wrong target and one that will cost supporters more than the club in the long run.

I don't personally believe that the supporters are separate from the club. The club is the supporters and vice versa. Anything that costs the club costs the supporters. That is, by definition what a supporter isn't it?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I've always been sceptical that the 'donations' provide more money opposed to them just reducing someone else's contribution. If Roland is determined to have a Tier One (or whatever it is called) academy then he might feel the need to make up the shortfall.

I certainly think this would make a bigger statement than refusing to buy a burger from a company that has leased the outlets or from season ticket holders refusing to attend games they have already paid for.

I also think the very fact that it is recognised in the way you describe would make it a bigger statement to the board that we are serious.

Compared to some on here wanting us to be relegated to force his hand I think this is a lot less drastic for the future of the club. I don't think there is any way we can withhold our support (neither financial nor turning up) without the potential that it will cost supporters in the long run. I would argue that another three year spell in the third division would do much more damage than forcing the academy to cancel a few trips, but that is just my view.

Anyway, I was only floating the idea on the basis that I believe that many will have more stomach to do that than boycott games or remember to make sandwiches to bring along to avoid buying food in the ground.
  • Options

CADSA? Overseas Addicks? Train Travel?

Disabled supporters association
  • Options
    Sorry get what you meant now. No mention of people who attend every home and away match...etc...
  • Options
    razil said:

how may of these reps have been elected and now represent a 'live' group I wonder? #justsayin

Does this mean the trust has now had contested elections?
  • Options

razil said:

how may of these reps have been elected and now represent a 'live' group I wonder? #justsayin

Does this mean the trust has now had contested elections?
    Same old bollocks eh stu, if enough people stood they would be, cant force people to stand
  • Options
    It was a simple question, it was you trying to belittle other groups, if people are willing to put their time forward for the benefit of us fans, they should get the same treatment as anyone else.

I'll take your answer as a no.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    No one is belittling, its a statement of fact.

Or rather, In fact it was a question about independence and accountability.

• Options
    razil said:

No one is belittling, its a statement of fact.

It wasn't a "statement of fact" you posed it as a question.

• Options
    Yup corrected