Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    More and more hate and vitriol growing as every game is played. Every thrashing witnessed.

Can't see this meeting happening if I'm honest.
  • Options
    Needs some sort of protest next Saturday.
  • Options
    Fed up with this pantomime now! SACK THE BOARD!!
  • Options
    All I can see that may produce change is a total boycott of all sales within the Valley and as many people as possible not attending home games. Roland may not understand the value of football to supporters but he will surely understand the cost to his pocket.
  • Options
    Do we have a date on this?
  • Options

Do we have a date on this?

Yeah go on then. Outside the club shop at 19:30

• Options

All I can see that may produce change is a total boycott of all sales within the Valley and as many people as possible not attending home games. Roland may not understand the value of football to supporters but he will surely understand the cost to his pocket.

You know what, it may be a token but I would hope supporters can go for 90 minutes without purchasing food or drink in the ground. No one will die of starvation.
  • Options
    I think paper planes on the pitch in their thousands next week- let them stop the game to clear them in the first half, then throw another lot on in the second.
  • Options

It's a gesture but don't pin too much hope on it. If he's prepared to make good losses of say £8m, a few hundred quid extra in lost profits might annoy him but isn't going to make him lose sleep.

Gestures are gestures and are needed to show our anger and resentment, but they will not lead to any breakthrough in making changes.

I would rather pin my hopes on forcing RD and KM to admit they haven't got a f**king clue and if RD wants any chance of getting his money back he has no choice but to make radical changes or get out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boggzy said:

Happy Halloween!
  • Options

stilladdicted said: All I can see that may produce change is a total boycott of all sales within the Valley and as many people as possible not attending home games. Roland may not understand the value of football to supporters but he will surely understand the cost to his pocket.

Dippenhall said: It's a gesture but don't pin too much hope on it. If he's prepared to make good losses of say £8m, a few hundred quid extra in lost profits might annoy him but isn't going to make him lose sleep.

Gestures are gestures and are needed to show our anger and resentment, but they will not lead to any breakthrough in making changes.

I would rather pin my hopes on forcing RD and KM to admit they haven't got a f**king clue and if RD wants any chance of getting his money back he has no choice but to make radical changes or get out.
    The boycott of sales will get their attention, particularly as regards match-day and season ticket sales. The ability to use the season ticket thing is obviously subject to timing with regards to actual impact but a concerted and well-followed sales boycott would mark their card.
  • Options
    redsek said:

I think Richard Murray needs to walk away from this shambles if he has any hope of retaining a modicum of respect from the fans.

If he was going to he would of done by now.

He seems to like his role of being carted out whenever there is talk of action by the fans.
  • Options

I'm not sure the cost to his pocket, will overly concern him, as he has more money than he could ever spend.

However, it seems that his one and only plan is to prove that he can run our club at break even.

Well he can't & we all know that.

However, the less we spend the more he loses and so one day, he may just realise that his plan won't work and he needs to change the plan or sell up.
  • Options

She is working to a set of instructions given to her by a Bond villain sitting in another country. I'm actually not sure how she can possibly win.

Why is it so important to you that she "possibly win"? She's playing a rather large part in the swift demise of our club as we know it...

To hell with her.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

We have obviously got them rattled, for them to organise a meeting.

I'd be inclined to turn it down, unless the owner is present, as a vote of no confidence in the CEO, and get serious with the protests at the Ipswich game.

Let's face it, the results aren't going to pick up in the next few weeks. The owners business model is dead in the water if we get relegated, unless he really is serious about turning us into the Crewe Alexandra of the south.

I take your point but the Trust cannot turn it down because they are mandated to pursue dialogue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Tutt-Tutt said:

We have obviously got them rattled, for them to organise a meeting.

I'd be inclined to turn it down, unless the owner is present, as a vote of no confidence in the CEO, and get serious with the protests at the Ipswich game.

Let's face it, the results aren't going to pick up in the next few weeks. The owners business model is dead in the water if we get relegated, unless he really is serious about turning us into the Crewe Alexandra of the south.

I agree and going by the earlier Radio London interview with CAST Murray and Miere will have an easy ride.
    Meet from position of strength i.e. after Ipswich demos.
  • Options

Katrien refuses to meet with the Trust, but will meet with them if diluted with other people.

Would be amusing if all those people rejected the invite, bar the Trust :-)

What a great idea :smiley:
  • Options

Katrien refuses to meet with the Trust, but will meet with them if diluted with other people.

Would be amusing if all those people rejected the invite, bar the Trust :-)

It is becoming so clear that she is actually scared of the Trust its quite funny.

Just admit you are not fit to do the job and are well out of your depth!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

She is working to a set of instructions given to her by a Bond villain sitting in another country. I'm actually not sure how she can possibly win.

Why is it so important to you that she "possibly win"? She's playing a rather large part in the swift demise of our club as we know it...

To hell with her.
    I agree to an extent with SHG. She can't win but she's must've always known that. She's here to do a job for RD and she's probably doing it well. If she does go whoever replaces her will have the same remit but won't get as much slack because a) we all know the score now and b) they won't be as good looking; and let's face it she wouldn't have got as much leeway from anyone if she had a fizog like Anne Widecombe. Come to think of it if she looked like Anne Widecombe she wouldn't have got a bunch of flowers cos someone shouted at her either.

• Options
    Lets hope the meeting is not with a set agenda.

The FF to be successful is reliant upon input from supporters.

Two-way communication is important and any Suggestions from FF Members prior to meetings are considered/vetted in advance.

The only way ths meeting can move forward is for Murray and Meire to be put on the spot with specific questions and not allow them to mislead people.

Meire does not like being put on the spot, murray will be there to keep the debate in order.

I think it would be a good idea to maybe look at adding some new members to the FF. The FF Needs to be more about the type of issues that are currently being debated on here rather than Train travel, catering and being told in advanece what away shirt the team will be playing in.

I no longer attend meetings but i do wonder why the minutes take so long to be put out.

Craig Parrett attends the FF to take the minutes.
  • Options
    I suspect there will be overused words in the meeting with 'owner' being used a lot and being the most significant.
    Whatever happens in any meeting Charlton Athletic is owned by Roland Duchatelet, and the bottom line is none of us can afford to buy it off him even if he were prepared to sell.
    The other week we played a brilliant U21 game against Sheffield Wednesday at a virtually empty Valley, streamed on Charlton's youtube channel. seeing as how this regime seems to hate the supporters, I can see that Sheffield Wednesday event becoming the norm.
    There probably comes a point where matchday revenue is eaten up by event costs even taking out player wages, and it will be more economic to play matches more or less behind closed doors.
    Anybody got £60million?
  • Options
    I can see them putting this meeting off as long as possible in the hope of results turning around.