Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Chef Wendy - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Great win today and with all our problems to occupy us it's strange how the Wednesday fans wind me up so much. Their fans were singing some stupid new song about Wednesday coming back in a very intimidating way along Floyd Rd and it was no surprise whe police had to intervene. Their massive fans are so arrogant and that victory was sweet. Tango man, hope you enjoyed the match, you are a credit to your club.
  • Options
    People keep talking about one swallow and all that. However, everything has to start somewhere and I view today as a positive. One game at a time. Come on Karel, you can do it. Demonstrations aside, we must view this as a positive.
  • Options
    Good all round performance, but Diarra in midfield was absolutely superb.
  • Options
    What a difference! Already been said by others but Diarra was immense, along with JJ, Reza, Mak, Baur and the rest of the team. Lovely pass from Fox for Reza's goal. Our youngsters looked so promising and when Holmes Dennis passed to Lookman, you could tell they have played together regularly as he knew exactly where Ade would be! Great credit to Jason Euell.
    More please!
    RD and KM out though.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer but I thought Carole got her tic tacs spot on today. 4-2-3-1 worked for the players that we have available. JBG was superb in that free role. And Reza made some great runs. Wednesday thought they could just turn up and take the points today but they weren't really in it. Did Henderson make a save of note? Agree that Diarra is better suited to central midfield. Anyway, onwards and upwards

It was a 4-4-2 Midfield Diamond. Diarra back in midfield....Hallelujah! Play your best player in the key role.

• Options
    Goal, 1-0 Jackson (26th min)

• Options
    Goal, 2-0 Makienok (45th min)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diarra in midfield could be the key
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Goal, 3-0 REZA image
  • Options
    I have a slo-mo video from directly behind the goal of Jackos header and celebration, but can't seem to be able to post it. :-(.
  • Options
    The intensity shown in the first half is what all of us want to see, it helped with Sheffield Wednesday not turning up until Nabby Sarr gave them an assist we absolutely needed the 2 goal cushion after attacking our own goal for the first half. And I was immensely grateful for the opposition neglecting our only attacking threat to meet a ball on the penalty spot. We played well against a team that were very lazy and we scored the rewards
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Great result. I hope it starts us playing with some belief again. Well done lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And the arrows pointing to the goal helped too.
  • Options
    Mak and Reza are the future!
  • Options

I remember Jason Euell playing for quite a successful Charlton team that used a diamond formation...

I remember him playing his best football when he was in a 3 man midfield with Jensen and Parker. Jason was the box to box runner and his energy, stamina and goals complemented the other 2 really well. Who did he line up with in the diamond?
  • Options
    Think some players needed a break
  • Options

A few thoughts in no particular order.

1) Would love to know who decided to set the midfield up in a diamond. Wonder whether it was Carol, Jason Euell or the senior players? Anyway, hats off to whoever made the decision as it worked a treat today.

2) Very telling to see that it was Jason Euell directing things from the touchline. Carol looked much less involved.

3) As others have said, Diarra was immense today in midfield. Must be worth giving him a run there in the next few games.

4) There might just be a player in Ba, Had a good game today but he needs to play to that standard consistently. At half-time I was thinking the same about Sarr. Then in the second half he goes and falls over, costing us a goal, and after that he was very rocky. I'm still not sure about him. (What I am sure about is giving Morrison a free transfer and spending a lot of money on Sarr as his replacement is absurd).

5) Makienok was outstanding today as well. Won everything in the air, put a lot of effort in in closing the Wednesday defenders down and scored a well-deserved goal.

6) Think we may now know why Solly has been so bad recently - I wonder if his knee has been playing him up in recent games. If it has, then more bad management from the Belgian clowns in forcing him to play 3 times a week as we don't have another experienced right back at the club.

7) And finally - and sadly - enjoy young Ademola Lookman for the next few months. A friend of mine does some scouting for Norwich and when I saw him recently, he told me about a brilliant young prospect he had seen at a Under-21 game recently. Yup, you guessed it, Mr Lookman. He's already told Norwich to get down and watch him. I assume all the big Premiership clubs already know about this young man and no doubt Roland will be happy to sell him for a couple of pounds at the first opportunity.

Oh, and on a very enjoyable day, can I sinply end by saying, f**k off Roland.

A few thoughts in no particular order.

1) Would love to know who decided to set the midfield up in a diamond. Wonder whether it was Carol, Jason Euell or the senior players? Anyway, hats off to whoever made the decision as it worked a treat today.

2) Very telling to see that it was Jason Euell directing things from the touchline. Carol looked much less involved.

3) As others have said, Diarra was immense today in midfield. Must be worth giving him a run there in the next few games.

4) There might just be a player in Ba, Had a good game today but he needs to play to that standard consistently. At half-time I was thinking the same about Sarr. Then in the second half he goes and falls over, costing us a goal, and after that he was very rocky. I'm still not sure about him. (What I am sure about is giving Morrison a free transfer and spending a lot of money on Sarr as his replacement is absurd).

5) Makienok was outstanding today as well. Won everything in the air, put a lot of effort in in closing the Wednesday defenders down and scored a well-deserved goal.

6) Think we may now know why Solly has been so bad recently - I wonder if his knee has been playing him up in recent games. If it has, then more bad management from the Belgian clowns in forcing him to play 3 times a week as we don't have another experienced right back at the club.

7) And finally - and sadly - enjoy young Ademola Lookman for the next few months. A friend of mine does some scouting for Norwich and when I saw him recently, he told me about a brilliant young prospect he had seen at a Under-21 game recently. Yup, you guessed it, Mr Lookman. He's already told Norwich to get down and watch him. I assume all the big Premiership clubs already know about this young man and no doubt Roland will be happy to sell him for a couple of pounds at the first opportunity.

Oh, and on a very enjoyable day, can I sinply end by saying, f**k off Roland.

Really liked what I saw in young Lookman - pace, confidence, can beat players and a sensible head when nothing was on - he made sure we kept possession.
    You're probably right about him being snapped up but that would be such a shame.
    A rare bright star, potentially.