Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• Gents, what time does the meeting start?
  • Good luck to everyone involved!
  • rikofold said:

Re tweeting, I'll see what I can do - it will be from my account (@rikofold) and I'm introducing the evening from the fans' side so you may miss the openers. No guarantees, please don't shoot me if I don't succeed.

Though from a voyeur sense it will be of interest, I'd strongly suggest ditching this. Concentrate on the evening, there will be plenty of opportunities afterwards for people to provide updates. Good luck
    I note that local media will be there but not allowed to ask questions so hopefully one of those will be tweeting. Richard Cawley perhaps if he's been allowed to attend.
  • Good luck all. Go get em!
  • Good luck sounds like you are well organised please show a united front and get these people to understand all we want is the best for our club.
  • WSS said:

Here is the list. Also "Senior staff" and local media will be present (but not allowed to ask questions):

Keith Blair (Maidstone and the Weald) – keithblair@hotmail.co.uk

Graham Mackley (West Sussex and Brighton) - g_mackley@sky.com

Craig Parrett (former VIP supporters) – craig_cafc_vip@yahoo.co.uk

John Perkins (coach steward) - j.perkins1947@hotmail.co.uk

John Bennett (Hastings and Bexhill) - editor@fireworks-mag.org

Christine Lawrie (Reminiscence group) - chrislawrie2@gmail.com

Vernon Roper (Valley Express) - vernon.roper@virgin.net

Ian Wallis (Bromley Addicks) - IanLWallis@aol.com

Craig Norris ( Representing Jean Huelin)

Richard Pemberton (Supporters Trust) – enquiries@castrust.org

John Commerford (East Kent Addicks) - ekaddicks@talktalk.net

Andrew Hills (North stand Patrons)

Steve Clarke (CAST) - Chairman

Paul Nottage - VALLEY GOLD REP

Syd Cheeswright - Charlton Athletic Rail Travellers Group - FANS FORUM

Diane Coleman – RANDOM SELECTION

Nigel Pamment – RANDOM SELECTION

Brenda Smith – RANDOM SELECTION

Daniel Basham – RANDOM SELECTION

Faye Downing – RANDOM SELECTION

Melanie Bagg - RANDOM SELECTION

Dean Phillips - RANDOM SELECTION

Stephen Francis - RANDOM SELECTION

Dave Reed - RANDOM SELECTION

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/meire-and-senior-charlton-staff-to-meet-with-supporters-tonight-2795408.aspx#8JeK0T1CXQw4w4bD.99

I notice that the Club has very kindly supplied email addresses - In these days of smart phones it would be possible for someone from the trust to send an email to all attendees to allow for a full briefing prior to meeting.

I know feelings are running high but I think it would be better if just one, well constructed email was sent - firstly it is unfare to fill people's inbox just because the are in attendance and if they get to many they will not get read.

• Sponsored links:

• http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/meire-and-senior-charlton-staff-to-meet-with-supporters-tonight-2795408.aspx
    Despite a good victory against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, the board acknowledges that fans still have a number of concerns and have invited a group of supporters to begin a constructive dialogue and explain the club’s strategy for the coming years.
    That will be interesting...
  • good luck everyone
  • seth plum said:

For anybody interested, I was contacted last Tuesday by 'Paul' from the club, and was invited to the meeting. I was part of the 'random' selection because I am not going tonight as a representative of any group whatsoever.

I have been regarding it as a private invitation, and I have waited until now to mention it on Charlton Life because I didn't want a week of folk telling me how I ought to proceed.

I will approach this meeting as an independent fan, but one who absolutely shares the misgivings expressed by so many, and I hope to be part of a kind of joint approach. Sometimes collaboration necessitates holding back in order to stay in harmony with fellow fans.

I plan to participate when able (and hope not to make a fool of myself), and I plan to absolutely not be part of any division created amongst the concerned and worried support. I will be looking to collaborate with Curb-it in particular.

There is absolutely no guarantee that I, or anybody else will be able to ask all the things people want asked, or make all the points people want to make.

I love Charlton Athletic, and I desperately want things to be much better.

I will try to report back briefly on here, but assuming it will be filmed then everybody can see everything for themselves.

Hope it goes well Seth.
  • jamescafc said:

Can someone please ensure Katrien is aware of why Charlton is different to others and the commitment made by the fans to get the club back to The Valley all those years ago. We don't expect champions league football or Roland to be splashing out millions year on year in transfer fees; we just want to have a voice and be clear on the future of our club. It is really not that much to ask for.

+ and that just because you say so, we won't just accept Roland's way of running the club if we dont wan't to.
  • Good luck to all the supporters involved and I hope the evening is a productive one on both sides.
  • Good news that it's being filmed and put on YouTube. It will ease the pressure on those attending to provide updates in short order and avoid issues over precisely what was said and how - something we can all do without, for sure.

An important first step and the commencement of a dialogue we all want to see and have been clamouring for. More to follow, hopefully. I agree with others that expectations of what can be achieved tonight need to realistic. The objective, I guess, is to effect a cultural change and that is bound to take some time, if it's achievable. If not, then so be it, we look at it again and modify the approach accordingly.

Good look to all attendees tonight. As AKFA said, it's not the US/USSR summit (or, indeed, the Cuban missile crisis.
  • No Fanny? Has Jean stood down from the FF?
  • Do not let her deflect attention to other members of staff. Redirect back to her constantly.

Do we know who's chairing it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck everyone going tonight, I really hope that KM is taking it seriously and it doesn't turn into another PR disaster for her. Call me cynical but I'm fairly sure the answer to every question will be "we've been through a difficult period but Saturdays result shows we're turning a corner" whether it's at all relevant to the question or not.
  • Can someone take a photo of Katrien on their phone and start laughing hysterically
    #giveitback

Don't you F'ing start.....
  • Thats it, scrap it before its even started!
  • No Fanny? Has Jean stood down from the FF?

Is Craig Noris 'representing' her
  • is there a match thread tonight

Roland missing from the management side injured
    Nothing serious, he's having his ego massaged and expected back at the Valley sometime next season.