Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

edited November 2015 in General Charlton
Ignoring the middle aged crisis going on on another thread, good luck to all those attending this meeting tonight. I can imagine a fair amount of work has gone into it outside of people's jobs.

It isn't the US / USSR summit, and these are supporters not investigative journalists, so think it would be wise for everyone to dumb down their expectations, and hopefully it will be the first step in our club embracing supporter input and starting to make steps into an improved direction.

So good luck all.

Comments

• Options

Ignoring the middle aged crisis going on on another thread, good luck to all those attending this meeting tonight. I can imagine a fair amount of work has gone into it outside of people's jobs.

It isn't the US / USSR summit, and these are supporters not investigative journalists, so think it would be wise for everyone to dumb down their expectations, and hopefully it will be the first step in our club embracing supporter input and starting to make steps into an improved direction.

So good luck all.

Come on the fans.
  • Options
    Is anyone from on here going?
  • Options
    Who's taking the notes? And who gave @PL54 a ticket?
  • Options
    @Meldrew66 on here is also going I believe
  • Options

So good luck all.

That!
  • Options

Head Lock at the ready B ?

Only on Murray if necessary.

• Options
    Can someone ask if there is a budget for the January transfer window and that this is not dependent on KEY players being sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When are Contracts going to be offered to the others who have theirs expiring in the Summer?

(i.e. Jackson / Diarra / Reza / Lookman)
  • Options
    Will this be video'd or recorded so the rest of the fans can have access to every answer? Anyone planning on taking notes?
  • Options

So good luck all.

Well said, and sincerely hope they don't get pelters tomorrow, from those with all the answers, for getting it all wrong.

Progress in my mind would be evidence, one way or another, of a genuine recognition that supporters can be part of the solution to re-vitalising the club. If there is no commitment then at least we have a position from which we can take some bearings, and that's a better place than we are at the moment.
  • Options

Will this be video'd or recorded so the rest of the fans can have access to every answer? Anyone planning on taking notes?

Yes, I believe @rikofold has confirmed that it will be video'd in full.

• Options

From the other thread byand written by @rikofold -:

Let's wait and see.

I can confirm that it will be videoed and we expect it to be released unedited a la the VIP meeting. We will be taking our own notes though, and are attending the meeting on the understanding that there is no embargo on post-match reporting.

We've provided the name of an independent chair to avoid any sense that the fans will be managed out of the meeting, but we're awaiting confirmation it can be mutually agreed. The club had assumed Mick would run it, but a club employee isn't really acceptable to the fans' reps, as good a guy as Mick is.

I've also agreed with KM that we will be allowed to drive our own agenda at the meeting, and as we've not provided questions in advance they'll struggle to script it.

I do understand the cynicism, but all we can do is organise to make the best attempt at making it meaningful.

This is crucial. It became a bit of a joke last time. Get Cawley on the case!
  • Options
    Will anyone be live tweeting so we can follow it? Worked quite well at the Woolwich meeting last year.
  • Options
    Would appreciate that curb whenever you are able to!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well said Seth, good luck
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone who goes. I have zero expectations of anything coming of it, so I won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/meire-and-senior-charlton-staff-to-meet-with-supporters-tonight-2795408.aspx

"The open debate will also be filmed, and the meeting will then be made available to watch on the club’s YouTube channel tomorrow. "
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Great post Seth.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2015
    Here is the list. Also "Senior staff" and local media will be present (but not allowed to ask questions):

Keith Blair (Maidstone and the Weald) – keithblair@hotmail.co.uk

Graham Mackley (West Sussex and Brighton) - g_mackley@sky.com

Craig Parrett (former VIP supporters) – craig_cafc_vip@yahoo.co.uk

John Perkins (coach steward) - j.perkins1947@hotmail.co.uk

John Bennett (Hastings and Bexhill) - editor@fireworks-mag.org

Christine Lawrie (Reminiscence group) - chrislawrie2@gmail.com

Vernon Roper (Valley Express) - vernon.roper@virgin.net

Ian Wallis (Bromley Addicks) - IanLWallis@aol.com

Craig Norris ( Representing Jean Huelin)

Richard Pemberton (Supporters Trust) – enquiries@castrust.org

John Commerford (East Kent Addicks) - ekaddicks@talktalk.net

Andrew Hills (North stand Patrons)

Steve Clarke (CAST) - Chairman

Paul Nottage - VALLEY GOLD REP

Syd Cheeswright - Charlton Athletic Rail Travellers Group - FANS FORUM

Diane Coleman – RANDOM SELECTION

Nigel Pamment – RANDOM SELECTION

Brenda Smith – RANDOM SELECTION

Daniel Basham – RANDOM SELECTION

Faye Downing – RANDOM SELECTION

Melanie Bagg - RANDOM SELECTION

Dean Phillips - RANDOM SELECTION

Stephen Francis - RANDOM SELECTION

Dave Reed - RANDOM SELECTION

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/meire-and-senior-charlton-staff-to-meet-with-supporters-tonight-2795408.aspx#8JeK0T1CXQw4w4bD.99
  • Options
    Has a chairman been agreed?
  • Options
    What are the North Stand Patrons ?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Re tweeting, I'll see what I can do - it will be from my account (@rikofold) and I'm introducing the evening from the fans' side so you may miss the openers. No guarantees, please don't shoot me if I don't succeed.
  • Options
    Have agood evening seth plum.
    Hope no-one moves the goalposts tonight.