Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• rikofold said:

It's a good idea but needs to well organised, or we'll have 10 fans scattered about supporting this, 100 still outside protesting, 400 wearing black and white and 1 guy lobbing tennis balls and 2 blowing whistles.

Sure, but if a small number of fans do it, it's at least accurate ;-)
    But the signs would only make sense to KM, the people on here who have read this thread and people who have watched the video of the meeting all the way through. I think maybe 90% of the fans inside the ground would not have a clue about what the 2% sign refered to.
    Can assure that if others think it's a worthwhile exercise to take forward, everyone in the ground will know exactly what it is all about
    Seems like a big logistical task to achieve that. Especially in such a short time frame. A lot of planning and coordination is required but I suppose a lot of Charlton fans have these things in their DNA. It will be interesting to see how successful it is. For it to have an impact most people in the ground need to know the background when the signs are held up.
  • rikofold said:

It's a good idea but needs to well organised, or we'll have 10 fans scattered about supporting this, 100 still outside protesting, 400 wearing black and white and 1 guy lobbing tennis balls and 2 blowing whistles.

But the signs would only make sense to KM, the people on here who have read this thread and people who have watched the video of the meeting all the way through. I think maybe 90% of the fans inside the ground would not have a clue about what the 2% sign refered to.
    Can assure that if others think it's a worthwhile exercise to take forward, everyone in the ground will know exactly what it is all about
    I think this is a great idea, well done whoever thought of it. Me & my old man will be available to give out the 2% leaflets if needed
  • rikofold said:

Seems like a big logistical task to achieve that. Especially in such a short time frame. A lot of planning and coordination is required but I suppose a lot of Charlton fans have these things in their DNA. It will be interesting to see how successful it is. For it to have an impact most people in the ground need to know the background when the signs are held up.
    Hack the database, send an email to all the names, job done :smiley:
  • rikofold said:

I think this is a great idea, well done whoever thought of it. Me & my old man will be available to give out the 2% leaflets if needed
    Same.
  • Leaflets cost, if someone is printing them I'll happily PayPal you five or ten quid.
  • edited November 2015

#nomeirelies would have been catchier on his hashtag.
  • RedPanda said:

Leaflets cost, if someone is printing them I'll happily PayPal you five or ten quid.

People could download it and print it off themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

Saw this on Facebook earlier.

Not all of us think it's the brightest move to get Roland out. Using his money more wisely than he is would be better.
    HandG said:

Plus not sure the Belgian flag background is the wisest move-you know the racist / Xenophobia card is going to come out soon. Our focus should be on the protagonists not where they're from......

Just passing on what I saw. I have nothing to do with it.
  • RedPanda said:

Leaflets cost, if someone is printing them I'll happily PayPal you five or ten quid.

People could download it and print it off themselves.
    To Give out a Flyer is better than asking people to print a copy off.
  • mogodon said:

If she keeps stating, as she did, that she has answered a question put to her time and time again, might it not trigger something deep inside her head that perhaps she's not actually explaining it very well?

With respect to your goodself, have you ever known management of any level and in all walks of life and any industry. To hold their hands up and say "I'm not very good at this job" ??
    If KM was to be sacked tomorrow, it would be your fault, my fault, the fans didn't like her, she was just turning it around and needed more time. I've said my opinion before. But if you want to run it like a business then its got to be correct right the way through the business. If it was a restaurant, you could put the best grub in the world on the tables but if the concierge is an ar53hole you aint going in.... ;)
  • rikofold said:

Not all of us think it's the brightest move to get Roland out. Using his money more wisely than he is would be better.
    And the chances of that happening? Was increasing budgets dealt with at all/adequately at the meeting?
  • So is the campaign to spell it out in Black and White or for them To Go ? They can't do both.
  • edited November 2015

PL54 said:

So is the campaign to spell it out in Black and White or for them To Go ? They can't do both.

Different people want different things. Most just want things approached better / differently.
    Of course, there are lots of different opinions out there but would a united, or largely consistent approach or set of desired outcomes not be more effective ? Otherwise its just a lot of shouting. I assume all the printing of these flyers is being given to local companies in SE7 ! Community Club n'all.
  • T.C.E said:

mogodon said:

If she keeps stating, as she did, that she has answered a question put to her time and time again, might it not trigger something deep inside her head that perhaps she's not actually explaining it very well?

With respect to your goodself, have you ever known management of any level and in all walks of life and any industry. To hold their hands up and say "I'm not very good at this job" ??
    If KM was to be sacked tomorrow, it would be your fault, my fault, the fans didn't like her, she was just turning it around and needed more time. I've said my opinion before. But if you want to run it like a business then its got to be correct right the way through the business. If it was a restaurant, you could put the best grub in the world on the tables but if the concierge is an ar53hole you aint going in.... ;)
    Thanks for asking, yes I have managed editorial teams for large multinational companies for about 20 years. And if I stood in front of them or shareholders and kept being asked the same questions I would realise either I was not getting my point across or they were being obtuse because they did not like the answers. I did not ask her to admit either publicly but to do so to herself. If she was asked tomorrow it would not be my fault or your fault or the fans' fault. It would be hers for not meeting the basic requirements of her job. That we are pointing out those failings does not make us accomplices to her deficiencies.
  • vffvff
    edited November 2015
    HandG said:

Plus not sure the Belgian flag background is the wisest move-you know the racist / Xenophobia card is going to come out soon. Our focus should be on the protagonists not where they're from......

Printing them in black and white is also a whole lot cheaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2% could be ?

The Fanbase who want more than 14 chips.
    The Fanbase who are unhappy with the management.
    The Fanbase who are Gay.
    The Fanbase who thought the Sofa was crass.
    The Fanbase who thought the pie cam was gross.
    The Fanbase who thought that "sex on the pitch" was a cocktail.
    The Fanbase who don't know who Katrien Miere is.
    The Fanbase who are under 30.
    The Fanbase who have irritable vowel syndrome
  • The Fanbase who thought the Sofa was crass.

- I think that will be more way more than 2%.
  • Guess we'll have to wait & see, henry.

Actions will speak louder than words though....
  • Guess we'll have to wait & see, henry.

Actions will speak louder than words though....

indeed.
  • rikofold said:

Sadly, that reads like "He can stay and keep pumping his money only if I'm (we are) allowed to dictate what it's spent on"

rikofold said:

Sadly, that reads like "He can stay and keep pumping his money only if I'm (we are) allowed to dictate what it's spent on"
    I think you have to twist it to read it that way.

One question to illustrate it: if you had £9m to spend on incoming transfers, do you think it could be more wisely spent than on players like Polish Pete or Lepoint?
  • edited November 2015
    Not directly related to most recent posts but. Last year KM did ask on the FF for volunteers to help the club with a target 20 type group, I was the only group (CAS Trust - its not called CAST BTW) to volunteer its services.

The initiative being under the remit of club development, under Lisa Squires i know rik of old began trying to meet with her. Its something we had been pushing for since the first time we full began to fully engage with the club under Bradshaw.

Altho that man had his detractors he did see the value of a joint statement and collaborative approach. We began in ernest with Fill the Valley a leaflet campaign promoting football for a fiver, and also dubbed Knock up your neighbours, we later looked at the possibility of marketing a whole block. It wasnt quite the finished article but it was the beginnings of something.

We wanted to formalise the group with a small working group and larger focus group. things got derailed as the club began to focus on being sold and then taken over, then kensells season ticket debacle pretty much ignored the suggestions he received, and that was that.