Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

1434445464749»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    'Is anyone in any doubt that the single cause of the declining attendances, without a shadow of doubt, is the shit football that has been on display for the last 10 years as the club has appointed one shit inexperienced manager after another since the sacking of Alan Pardew?'

I can feel a backlash from Chrissy Powell's fan club coming on :open_mouth:
  • Options

PL54 said:

I was speaking to UoG earlier about the work they do with their students to increase post graduation employability - I imagine their sponsorship of the club requires that we use their students for certain projects to give them experience.

Next manager maybe?
    If you we need someone with a MSc and dissertation focussed on Spatial Syntax then it's an option
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

I was speaking to UoG earlier about the work they do with their students to increase post graduation employability - I imagine their sponsorship of the club requires that we use their students for certain projects to give them experience.

Next manager maybe?
    If you we need someone with a MSc and dissertation focussed on Spatial Syntax then it's an option
    Oh..... the work of Hillier and Hanson, then surely you would be better off using UCL,?
    Did you speak to 'Elaine' the Industrial Relations placements co-ordinator at UoG, very helpful lady and a CAFC fan apparently........
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

'Is anyone in any doubt that the single cause of the declining attendances, without a shadow of doubt, is the shit football that has been on display for the last 10 years as the club has appointed one shit inexperienced manager after another since the sacking of Alan Pardew?'

Yes, whilst I was writing that post I said to myself I must include something about Chris Powell's tenure before I actually post. But I forgot.

• Options
    edited November 2015

RedChaser said:

Yes, whilst I was writing that post I said to myself I must include something about Chris Powell's tenure before I actually post. But I forgot.

To be fair he was inexperienced and the football was at league one standard, however it was a great ride while it lasted, tasting success and smashing records after the glass mountain we'd been on since our fall from the Prem. :wink:
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Next manager maybe?
    Sounds too expensive.
  • Options

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Next manager maybe?
    Oh..... the work of Hillier and Hanson, then surely you would be better off using UCL,?
    Did you speak to 'Elaine' the Industrial Relations placements co-ordinator at UoG, very helpful lady and a CAFC fan apparently........
    Haven't spoken to her but we just took someone from Bartlett along the same lines. My main MSc hunt has been there, Manchester and Glasgow but UoG seem keen to get involved.
  • Options

PL54 said:

No, this is not the case. I am working with the club to create a number of contracts for students to work in different areas.

Just for information, all the students I am managing are paid and at a fair rate. There are some other parts of the University who have some projects going on. They may be free, I don't know. There are going to be some projects where the students are using the work for their coursework. If that is the case, we can't pay them.

I am providing the film students, some animation and design, and the IT students. I had a chat this week about the data analysis work, and that may happen in the new year. The students working on that will be at MSc level with tutors who know about big data and data analysis.
    @henrythecat can you find some history students?
  • Options

rikofold said:

rikofold said:

rikofold said:

vff said:

Found the figure of nearly 3,000 ST's missing from the average game pretty sobering........
    'SC asked how may season ticket holders are no shows. MA said there are about 3,000 per game on average. Gates announced are all tickets that have been issued.'

That should concern the club. I would be interested to hear the club explanation / spinning of this one. Not surprised the minutes were released after the meeting last week.
    When I read the minutes and saw 3000 I assumed it was a typo and should read 300. I am really shocked at this. There must be some mileage in using this stat for the black and white campaign / protests etc
    This does need to be put into some context. It sounds a high figure and it is, but most recent seasons have seen around 1000-1500 on average not turning up, non-Saturday games are particularly affected. and 3 of our 8 home league games so far haven't been on a Saturday. Even so, it is high and you'd think those 3000 are a non-renewal risk.
    If the average is 3,000 then the range is going to be more like 2-4,000. While you are correct that there are always four-figure no shows, the actual shortfall has historically been confused by the parallel issue of unused comps, which can have a take-up of 40 per cent. The more ludicrous official gates have been a matches with up to 5,000 comps notionally issued, although not under this ownership.

It's only now with the new turnstiles that the club will be able to tell one from the other without counting stubs, which we did once or twice as a test.
    I see the actuals as part of my role on the Valley Gold committee and although I'm not free to share them here, since the club has commented I think I'm free to say that from the figures I've seen, which don't include the last two games, the mean is less than 3k. I wonder if the minutes have added a formality to a discussion that was more conversational on the night? You've raised a question in my mind, though, because I think comps have disappeared from the report. That might mean they're no longer counted in the figures, that no comps are being issued, or they're missing. I'll follow that up.

Anyway it's not good, and it's right the club acknowledges that. From memory the highest figure last season was around 3.5k missing for the Norwich game, which was at the peak of dissatisfaction around the Luzon appointment (they missed a good game to be fair).
    Quite likely, but visual evidence would suggest that the shortfall between the announced and the actual is higher than usual.
    As do the figures.
    Presumably with the new ticketing system the club can identify which fans are not attending and develop trends as to which games that don't attend. I don't suppose they would let us know, and I suspect that they won't go to the trouble to analyse the data properly, but it must now be possible to expand on the numbers to identify opportunities and threats.

All we need now is a competent CEO and an experienced team working under him/her.

Many clubs these days are using CRM agency's where the agency receives data about who is attending the games, who is spending money at the club shop etc etc and then analyse the data, and any other data to work out a season ticket propensity model. This will basically tell them which supporters are on track to renew and which supporters are at risk. Those that are more at risk may get more targeted communications, be it a phone call or an email, to try and get them back on track.

Not sure if we are doing this, as while I imagine we do have a CRM agency, judging on the email comms I receive it doesn't appear to be all that targeted.
    My understanding is that they are trying to utilise Greenwich University in respect of the data.
    What? So they want students to work for nothing?
    Roland doing things on the cheap? Never.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

No, this is not the case. I am working with the club to create a number of contracts for students to work in different areas.

Just for information, all the students I am managing are paid and at a fair rate. There are some other parts of the University who have some projects going on. They may be free, I don't know. There are going to be some projects where the students are using the work for their coursework. If that is the case, we can't pay them.

I am providing the film students, some animation and design, and the IT students. I had a chat this week about the data analysis work, and that may happen in the new year. The students working on that will be at MSc level with tutors who know about big data and data analysis.
    @henrythecat can you find some history students?
    Yes I can. I have some looking for work next term as part of the industry course. And then there are a couple of other projects that I want to discuss with you.

I have just seen your PM and will phone you on Thursday.

Anyone else looking for students to work at very reasonable rates, just ask :-)
  • Options

rikofold said:

rikofold said:

rikofold said:

vff said:

Found the figure of nearly 3,000 ST's missing from the average game pretty sobering........
    'SC asked how may season ticket holders are no shows. MA said there are about 3,000 per game on average. Gates announced are all tickets that have been issued.'

That should concern the club. I would be interested to hear the club explanation / spinning of this one. Not surprised the minutes were released after the meeting last week.
    When I read the minutes and saw 3000 I assumed it was a typo and should read 300. I am really shocked at this. There must be some mileage in using this stat for the black and white campaign / protests etc
    This does need to be put into some context. It sounds a high figure and it is, but most recent seasons have seen around 1000-1500 on average not turning up, non-Saturday games are particularly affected. and 3 of our 8 home league games so far haven't been on a Saturday. Even so, it is high and you'd think those 3000 are a non-renewal risk.
    If the average is 3,000 then the range is going to be more like 2-4,000. While you are correct that there are always four-figure no shows, the actual shortfall has historically been confused by the parallel issue of unused comps, which can have a take-up of 40 per cent. The more ludicrous official gates have been a matches with up to 5,000 comps notionally issued, although not under this ownership.

It's only now with the new turnstiles that the club will be able to tell one from the other without counting stubs, which we did once or twice as a test.
    I see the actuals as part of my role on the Valley Gold committee and although I'm not free to share them here, since the club has commented I think I'm free to say that from the figures I've seen, which don't include the last two games, the mean is less than 3k. I wonder if the minutes have added a formality to a discussion that was more conversational on the night? You've raised a question in my mind, though, because I think comps have disappeared from the report. That might mean they're no longer counted in the figures, that no comps are being issued, or they're missing. I'll follow that up.

Anyway it's not good, and it's right the club acknowledges that. From memory the highest figure last season was around 3.5k missing for the Norwich game, which was at the peak of dissatisfaction around the Luzon appointment (they missed a good game to be fair).
    Quite likely, but visual evidence would suggest that the shortfall between the announced and the actual is higher than usual.
    As do the figures.
    Presumably with the new ticketing system the club can identify which fans are not attending and develop trends as to which games that don't attend. I don't suppose they would let us know, and I suspect that they won't go to the trouble to analyse the data properly, but it must now be possible to expand on the numbers to identify opportunities and threats.

All we need now is a competent CEO and an experienced team working under him/her.

Many clubs these days are using CRM agency's where the agency receives data about who is attending the games, who is spending money at the club shop etc etc and then analyse the data, and any other data to work out a season ticket propensity model. This will basically tell them which supporters are on track to renew and which supporters are at risk. Those that are more at risk may get more targeted communications, be it a phone call or an email, to try and get them back on track.

Not sure if we are doing this, as while I imagine we do have a CRM agency, judging on the email comms I receive it doesn't appear to be all that targeted.
    My understanding is that they are trying to utilise Greenwich University in respect of the data.
    What? So they want students to work for nothing?
    Roland doing things on the cheap? Never.
    In this case he isn't. Although the club drive a hard bargain.
  • Options
    Seem to recall attendances went up when we won League 1 under powell
  • Options
    It's not just about "the data". It's not just about the "qualitative why". It's about an intelligent combination of the two.
  • Options
    I think the Belgians' biggest problem is not trying to engage with those disillusioned supporters protesting at Ipswich game, but with those of us who can no longer be arsed to be there.
  • Options

It's not just about "the data". It's not just about the "qualitative why". It's about an intelligent combination of the two.

That's true of player recruitment too.
  • Options
    Yellow submarine
    We all live with a clue less f****** regime
    Who are messing with our team

All we are saying is please leave our club