Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• My silence starts tomorrow,

Organiser do you not think it detracts from the point being made by the majority
  • Watched the steam late last night ,first time back on this site tonight.
    The meeting was for me disappointing,having arranged questions for the board we were given very little answers.
    Indeed the CEO stated more than once that we have been over this point time and time again.She still was not giving answers.
    She must get the fans on board some of whom have a great depth of knowledge of this club and have held positions
    within the old supporters club.
    Ifeel she has just dug a deeper hole for herself and can not seewhat is facing her just afew weeks away.
    2% of fans is nothing to what she will be coming up against next time.
  • edited November 2015
    If she keeps stating, as she did, that she has answered a question put to her time and time again, might it not trigger something deep inside her head that perhaps she's not actually explaining it very well?
  • mogodon said:

If she keeps stating, as she did, that she has answered a question put to her time and time again, might it not trigger something deep inside her head that perhaps she's not actually explaining it very well?

If we are customers rather than fans as I keep hearing, I dread to think of the look on my bosses face if I used the phrase, "I've already answered that question" in front of any unhappy client.
  • edited November 2015

My silence starts tomorrow,

Organiser do you not think it detracts from the point being made by the majority

Yes I do but I think the slag,bitch,whore etc etc is the far worse element and cringeworthy at times, rather than the Belgian aspect.
  • Much, if not all, of RD'S investment is in the form of debt, and he charges interest on it. Can't remember exact figures off top of my head, but something like £40M at 3% ie over £1M interest.

Unless you are prepared to argue the owner should gift his money, or it's better to pay 3% interest to a Bank.not sure where this leads. He could get at least 6% on a crowd funding site.
  • They are the same people saying it,

• Just watched it zzzz

Did I not hear her say that she is flooding the ground for the Ipswich game with UoG students....I bet she gets them to wear bright colours too.

Dammit she's outwitting us all....
  • Much, if not all, of RD'S investment is in the form of debt, and he charges interest on it. Can't remember exact figures off top of my head, but something like £40M at 3% ie over £1M interest.

Unless you are prepared to argue the owner should gift his money, or it's better to pay 3% interest to a Bank.not sure where this leads. He could get at least 6% on a crowd funding site.
    He could, but then he wouldn't get to spend it, which is the point, I think. TJ/MS/KC didn't charge interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Obioviusly it would be a bad business if you didn't value your customers." KM

Seems spot on.
  • Fumbluff said:

Just watched it zzzz

Did I not hear her say that she is flooding the ground for the Ipswich game with UoG students....I bet she gets them to wear bright colours too.

Dammit she's outwitting us all....

... And their seats will be in the Lower West, around the director's box .....
  • "Obioviusly it would be a bad business if you didn't value your customers." KM

Seems spot on.

As I used to say about the last lot, actions speak louder than words.
  • razil said:

In my view the reason the questioning wasnt as strong as it could have been was due the deliberate divide and rule strategy of structuring the meeting the way it was, watering down with randoms, adding the fans forum which is 99% concerned with operational issues like VE, potholes, tickets etc to divert from the bigger strategic questions. Altho i think they still did a reasonable job despite that.

That's about the first reasonable statement I've read. Most people seem to want blood on the floor. That was never going to happen. The end result is that there is now a structure for future meetings. The original gripe was no communication between the club and fans and I see this as a step forward. Not going to please everyone or even a majority but its a start

• razil said:

In my view the reason the questioning wasnt as strong as it could have been was due the deliberate divide and rule strategy of structuring the meeting the way it was, watering down with randoms, adding the fans forum which is 99% concerned with operational issues like VE, potholes, tickets etc to divert from the bigger strategic questions. Altho i think they still did a reasonable job despite that.

That's about the first reasonable statement I've read. Most people seem to want blood on the floor. That was never going to happen. The end result is that there is now a structure for future meetings. The original gripe was no communication between the club and fans and I see this as a step forward. Not going to please everyone or even a majority but its a start

What structure is that ?
  • With all the threads of the last couple of days I haven't noticed any comment on the "£4.5M" that RD has invested in The Valley. We know about the pitch, the seats, Vista lounge and the big screen but does that really add up to that much ?
  • My impression FWIW is that the Trust did their best, but as I have found at VIP meetings it is very hard to keep probing each answer received to put those on the top table on the spot. There is pressure to move on as you have "had your turn" and ME is next to you wanting to take the mic back. What is really needed is a 1-1 meeting between the Trust and the club, with an agreed agenda in advance.

After the last VIP my mate, a very successful businessman, spoke to Katrien and told her that she needed to change her demeanour and attitude - it was no good her getting defensive every time someone was providing a view or opinion which was different to hers. Obviously she failed to reflect on that advice and we saw more of the same on Tuesday evening.

To me she is a lovely lady, who has fallen in love with the club and wants to do her very best in her role. Unfortunately, through no fault of her own, she has been thrust into the role with no previous experience and I genuinely hate to say it but she is out of her comfort zone and not up to the task.

She will need supporting if we are to rebuild our club up again, so I hope the Trust grasp the nettle and very quickly provide her with the names of fans who can do a good job on target 20,000. I shall still be protesting, but we also need to build up a rapport to convince her that the perceived negative fans are actually what all staff/customers are - ie the clubs best asset.

Finally @JohnBoyUK , I don't know you but your comments above touched a nerve. If ever we get introduced, I owe you a drink. Still hate Spurs though:)

From someone who has really suffered over the last two years as a result of the RD regime this is a remarkably generous post. Good on you.
  • Hex said:

razil said:

What structure is that ?
    KM agreed to meetings with fans regarding particular matters as they come up and future Q & A's
  • Hex said:

razil said:

What structure is that ?
    KM agreed to meetings with fans regarding particular matters as they come up and future Q & A's
    She put those forward as an idea. I wouldn't regard that as a structure.
  • Sponsored links:

• So East Kent Addicks have pulled out of the Fans Forum because of poor communication.

John C gets his opportunity to really raise the issues about what tactics the Board are putting into action to achieve the strategic plan and then spent 10 minutes querying CADSA, disabled access in the West Stand and Valley Express. Exactly the issues raised at the last FF.

Craig's stance impressed me - he hit the nail on the head and the top table looked uncomfortable. He looked more a CEO than the present incumbent.

I think KM got off lightly last night - and I think her welling up after about an hour, had the desired effect on the (mostly) male, articulate, white middle aged and middle class representatives, who probably - without realising - felt slightly sorry for her. I know I would have it I'd been there.

Syd was Syd. Bless him. He really does need another hobby.

• All this, we aim to improve communication to the fans stuff is really boring and pointless.

The less we hear from her the better.

• Just watched the last 15 mins. The bit about CADSA made me laugh.

Can we be invited next time?......Ok.

Not even an apology!
  • edited November 2015
    Hex said:

With all the threads of the last couple of days I haven't noticed any comment on the "£4.5M" that RD has invested in The Valley. We know about the pitch, the seats, Vista lounge and the big screen but does that really add up to that much ?

I did comment on this earlier - the consensus seemed to be a blooming expensive sofa.

KM also then went on to say £2.5M later...

• Hex said:

With all the threads of the last couple of days I haven't noticed any comment on the "£4.5M" that RD has invested in The Valley. We know about the pitch, the seats, Vista lounge and the big screen but does that really add up to that much ?

She also said the toilets have been cleaned...

• Hex said:

Hex said:

razil said:

What structure is that ?
    She put those forward as an idea. I wouldn't regard that as a structure.
    We have different opinions on how it was presented. I believe it was a start to a continuing dialogue. To me that is a structure.
  • Hex said:

I did comment on this earlier - the consensus seemed to be a blooming expensive sofa.

KM also then went on to say £2.5M later...

Yes, I heard the £2.5M but thought it was a slip of the tongue. Perhaps the £4.5M is a deliberately inflated figure and the £2.5M the more accurate amount ?
  • Addickted said:

So East Kent Addicks have pulled out of the Fans Forum because of poor communication.

John C gets his opportunity to really raise the issues about what tactics the Board are putting into action to achieve the strategic plan and then spent 10 minutes querying CADSA, disabled access in the West Stand and Valley Express. Exactly the issues raised at the last FF.

Craig's stance impressed me - he hit the nail on the head and the top table looked uncomfortable. He looked more a CEO than the present incumbent.

I think KM got off lightly last night - and I think her welling up after about an hour, had the desired effect on the (mostly) male, articulate, white middle aged and middle class representatives, who probably - without realising - felt slightly sorry for her. I know I would have it I'd been there.

Syd was Syd. Bless him. He really does need another hobby.

Goes without saying ...