Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• edited November 2015

The one good thing to come out out this is we have learned that we have an abundance of wannabe Paxmans and QCs waiting in the wings for when the next meeting occurs.

And Powerpoint experts

• Watched the meeting on the ipad last night even my Mrs who has no interest or clue about football/charlton commented that KM is crap and never actually really answers the question.

My Mrs said exactly the same thing.
    Mine mumbled 'can you turn that off already?' 5mins into it. (5 minutes into listening to Katrien Meire lie & chill)
  • I think that Red_in_SE8 articulates the views of a silent majority.
  • edited November 2015

KM is not the problem. If tomorrow we install the universally acknowledged best football CEO in the country it will not make the slightest difference to performances on the pitch.

If this were true, then why pay anybody to do the job at all?
  • edited November 2015

KM is not the problem. If tomorrow we install the universally acknowledged best football CEO in the country it will not make the slightest difference to performances on the pitch.

A modern football club is about a lot more than coaching and selecting football players.

I have updated that sentence now.

KM is not the problem. If tomorrow we install the universally acknowledged best football CEO in the country it will not make the slightest difference to performances on the pitch if that CEO is not allowed immediately to over rule RD's manager recruitment policy.
  • But if all of that other stuff has no bearing on the performance on the pitch (which is not my belief) then why bother doing it?

• KM is not the problem. If tomorrow we install the universally acknowledged best football CEO in the country it will not make the slightest difference to performances on the pitch.

A modern football club is about a lot more than coaching and selecting football players.
    Yes it would. As CEO's can essentially control everything, including recruiting our playing staff; which in effect will totally change performances on the pitch. Plus this 'battle' against the owners is about everything off the pitch as much as it is against it on the pitch, it's just that it's already showing on the pitch, and it will keep doing so with their plan to run our Football Club.

A better CEO would help little things, it wouldn't change the bigger picture though. But every little step....
  • Hearing Katrien referencing charlton fans as "customers".

Yes going charlton is like going asdas your not there to enjoy yourself.

She ain't got a clue about football.

Just boring repetitive gimmicks that stink of desperation.

20k...that is laughable and will never happen.

She lost renewals but obviously got new fans....er, congratulations.

I wonder how many new fans said to her, you know I would come again but there's something missing a sofa in the corner and cheerleaders and rubbish managers.

• jamescafc said:

Found the body language of RM interesting throughout. His facial expressions when KM was putting her foot in it was particularly revealing. I am not sure he is as "on board" with the whole RD concept as he may proclaim.

Of course he's not, but he's defending them, in the absence of a better alternative.
  • Dave2l said:

Hearing Katrien referencing charlton fans as "customers".

We are customers.

Just like gamers are sony or microsoft or whatever customers.

They are also fans of their product.

Customers also go for a cheeky massage sometimes... that's enjoyable too....

Finally why is 20k 'laughable' exactly?

We had 20k still coming when we were relegated (the first time)
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

In my view the reason the questioning wasnt as strong as it could have been was due the deliberate divide and rule strategy of structuring the meeting the way it was, watering down with randoms, adding the fans forum which is 99% concerned with operational issues like VE, potholes, tickets etc to divert from the bigger strategic questions. Altho i think they still did a reasonable job despite that.

think you are doing the FF members a big dis-service there, do they not have other concerns as well?
    have you ever been to an FF meeting? and its not about the people who attend the FF its about the intention of the club which appears to have been dilution, and distraction away from strategic question, plus if you read what I actually wrote I said they did a reasonable job despite that..
  • Alarmingly concerned that it appears that the strategy for break-even is effectively based upon two things coming together:
    - an approx 50% increase in home crowds
    - increased / higher value player sales

How the hell those two come together I really do not know

Me neither.

I'm not being critical of those who organized the questions and who were there last night but you make an important point, how do we get there? The answers to this I think are more important to understand than some of the "fans forum" questions and I wish (with the benefit of hindsight of course so it's easy for me) that the questions could have been distilled to a smaller list and that those present could have felt comfortable deviating from the script to pursue areas like this one you have raised.

It felt a bit like the questions "needed" to include all areas of interest for those attending and give everyone a chance of asking something rather than concentrating on the tactics the club has for achieving it's strategy, which is the over-arching issue.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dave2l said:

Hearing Katrien referencing charlton fans as "customers".

We are customers.

Just like gamers are sony or microsoft or whatever customers.

They are also fans of their product.

Customers also go for a cheeky massage sometimes... that's enjoyable too....

Finally why is 20k 'laughable' exactly?

We had 20k still coming when we were relegated (the first time)
    Because as one of those awful negative fans...I can't see it being achieved under their regime, or anywhere near . Good luck to em on that front.
  • bobmunro said:

I've pulled my thoughts into one article at http://votvonline.com - Mutually Assured Incomprehension.

Excellent take on it, Rick.
    Agree whole heartedly
  • If men call men abusive names then I can understand it, if it was just female supporters being so personal with her I could understand it, Right now I can't

If she was English would she be called an English bitch no she wouldn't

If she was black and people started calling her a black bitch would it be accepted as fine

The minute the abuse moves in that direction then the points valid or not are lost,

I don't buy into the whole pc brigade bullshit but this is so blatent racism and sexism I am surprised it's been allowed on here Tbf

But there was no racism at all no one mentioned that she was white????
  • If men call men abusive names then I can understand it, if it was just female supporters being so personal with her I could understand it, Right now I can't

If she was black and people started calling her a black bitch would it be accepted as fine

The minute the abuse moves in that direction then the points valid or not are lost,

I don't buy into the whole pc brigade bullshit but this is so blatent racism and sexism I am surprised it's been allowed on here Tbf

Calling someone a Belgian Bitch is both racism and sexism? Or am I missing something? Think you're blowing it way out of proportion because she's a woman. As far as I know nothing said or done was out of line at the protest, and also if you treat people like animals (laughing at them from a safe distance with protection is very much like that) then don't be surprised when they try to bite back at you.
  • But the need to bring her country of origin in to the chanting, it may not be in a legal way racist but if she is being called Belgian this and Belgian that it's the same thing
  • But the need to bring her country of origin in to the chanting, it may not be in a legal way racist but if she is being called Belgian this and Belgian that it's the same thing

You North London this, you. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

I have to agree with you. Whilst I think she's completely clueless and have made that clear in many posts, I've never been comfortable with the abusive name calling that some choose to use. Whether it's allowed on the forum is not really my concern, but I do think that if there are to be more protests, if we can avoid the abuse, she will find it very difficult to speak out against it.

She looked very uncomfortable when it was mentioned to her at the meeting, that we have a right to protest in this country. The protest clearly rattled her, and I'm not sure it was solely because of the alleged abuse. Protests make the club look bad, she knows that so she is trying to shut it down. I would like to see more personally but we don't need to give her any more opportunities to take the moral high ground.
  • I think personal abuse even in heat of the moment and drunk is just quite thick behaviour and a let down on themselves.

I think it also highlights the frustration of the fans that some went to those depths. The anger.

If men call men abusive names then I can understand it, if it was just female supporters being so personal with her I could understand it, Right now I can't

I have to agree with you. Whilst I think she's completely clueless and have made that clear in many posts, I've never been comfortable with the abusive name calling that some choose to use. Whether it's allowed on the forum is not really my concern, but I do think that if there are to be more protests, if we can avoid the abuse, she will find it very difficult to speak out against it.

She looked very uncomfortable when it was mentioned to her at the meeting, that we have a right to protest in this country. The protest clearly rattled her, and I'm not sure it was solely because of the alleged abuse. Protests make the club look bad, she knows that so she is trying to shut it down. I would like to see more personally but we don't need to give her any more opportunities to take the moral high ground.

Too right. She is crapping herself she is going to lose her job - a cushy little number that gives her a free entry pass to the CEO job club. Protests are a very visible indication that the fans (whatever percentage of the total!) are not impressed with how she is doing her job.

Roland has binned 4 coaches in her short time here, and she has had to deliver the chop. She knows how capricious Roland is when it comes to axing folk, and now she looks like she's going to be on the receiving end. Roland has all these coaches laying around the place, why not CEOs too?

She needs to grip the situation fast or she is out the door and back to being a ten-a-penny lawyer drone again.
  • Katrien Meire is so out of her depth as the CEO in a public forum. She doesn't speak with confidence at all. Anyone who asks her a question that she can't answer, she just attacks them. It was quite cringeworthy to watch at times
  • Protest as loud and aggressively within the confides of law, and then no one can complain, in fact Imo it's a healthy situation to have fans prepared to sacrifice time and effort to be heard

Agreed and I would estimate that 98% of those who protested before the Sheff Wed game did so.