Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Sat 21 Mov | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Dont think Reza will be appearing... He's posted a video of himself in some resort about 3-hours ago...

pic.twitter.com/vVQyb0W6cn

— Reza Ghoochannejhad (@gh_reza) November 18, 2015

Wonder if he's been told by Fraeye to come back a bit late so that he misses this Saturday yet arrives back in England refreshed and ready to go for training ready for the Ipswich game next Saturday

I'm pretty sure that's Guam.
  • Options

Tickets on the gate anyone know?

Without a problem, you can have mine if you like.......
  • Options
    If we play the we did against Sheff Weds and it's the Birmingham play the way they did against Rotherham then we have a great chance of getting a win.

If we play like we did against Boro being nervous in possession and Birmingham play like they did at Fulham it could be a tough afternoon for us.

But I think we will be bouyed by that win 2 weeks ago and I think we'll play ok. Whether or whether or whether not that is enough to get a point or 3 we'll have to wait and see.

Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    2-0 home win
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    They're in a play-off spot and cruising along nicely .. we are (I am an eternal optimist when it comes to matters CAFC) regaining some form .. the squad is now quite solid looking despite there still being a few injuries and Fraeye is almost spoilt for choice ..
    with a more solid looking midfield and defence, i.e. Diarra playing a holding role and Sarr improving in the middle of defence ... allied to an attack where all at once there is a good choice of personnel and therefore tactics: Ah-Grant, Reza, Lookman, Watt, BigMak, Vaz Te, and the seemingly semi-retired Vetokele ..

Bigmak has become a vital component of our team .. IF he can stay fit for the 90 minutes, he'll be a big worry to the Brum defence .. I fancy us for at least a point ..

Birmingham City 1 v CAFC 1 (or possibly, hopefully 2)
  • Options

Tickets on the gate anyone know?

You will probably have to get them from the ticket office
  • Options
    Brum look good this season. I think we'll lose. Which will mean KM sees another 2% of our fan base protest against her and RD at the Ipswich game.

@ForeverAddickted nice touch to reference the response to the Paris attacks - good on you
  • Options
    This has got 0-0 written all over it.
    Away from home we have the ability to defend but are feckless in attack.
    I hope Vaz Te is nowhere near the match day squad. Show faith in what we've got and give Reza another go with Big Mak. If Vaz Te gets in it'll show even more so how shit the depth of the squad is.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I hope Vaz Te is nowhere near the match day squad. Show faith in what we've got and give Reza another go with Big Mak. If Vaz Te gets in it'll show even more so how shit the depth of the squad is.

This is just a stab in the dark, but do you not rate Vaz Te?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

He was very good a few years ago. But he hasn't been consistently prolific. He hasn't done much since being dumped by West Ham and he clearly didn't do enough on trial at Rotherham.
    I'd hate to think he could walk straight into the team.
    If he does I wouldn't mind being proved wrong.
    I rated him before and let's say I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Reza hadn't just flown back from Guam, he'd be a certainty to start, it's jetlag that might put him on the bench
  • Options
    I'm sticking my neck out. 0-2 Charlton win.
  • Options
    Can hardly find the enthusiasm to make a prediction.

Whatever the result, 'trusted Karel' will stay in the job and if it all goes pear-shaped they can always blame Jason Euall. There is no interview process 'interim' only means until Roly changes his mind (again) and appoints his trusted cleaner/milkman/butler etc etc

Vaz Te was the most cynical panic purchase to appease fickle fans in the history of professional football and deserves its own chapter in the forthcoming book.."How not to run a football club" by Roland Duchatalet. Bet even Roly can't believe how everyone fell for it so easily. I suspect Ricardo is on a dodgy 'pay when you play deal' and we will never see him on the pitch but the grey Belgium bus bumps along for a other few weeks until the next crisis.

1-0 to the Brummies (or some other scoreline). Really don't care and only relieved I am away for this entire farce. Makes the pain slightly less acute.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

He was very good a few years ago. But he hasn't been consistently prolific. He hasn't done much since being dumped by West Ham and he clearly didn't do enough on trial at Rotherham.
    Didn't realise he had a trial at Rotherham. Not good if they don't think his good enough. With a bit of luck it had something to do with wages rather then ability. We shall soon find out.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Didn't realise he had a trial at Rotherham. Not good if they don't think his good enough. With a bit of luck it had something to do with wages rather then ability. We shall soon find out.
    just because Rotherham didn't sign him doesnt mean hes not good enough, wages, injuries in the squad play a part

Vaz Te is by no means a star, but he can play as a forward or on the left wing, ill take him
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Just playing devils advocate but maybe they wouldn't pay his wages? I think he will be a useful signing personally and add experience to our strike force. I wasn't excited when we signed Mark Bright or Dean Burton, but they turned out to do well for us. I certainly wouldn't drop Makienok or even Reza for him immediately, he'd have to earn his place, but I'm not disappointed with the signing. Doesn't mean I've been bought by RD, just means I agree with one of our signings.

Going to be tough this weekend. I'd take a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    1-1 (Morrison own goal).
  • Options
    What a quandary, if we win the latest no mark puppet gets the job, if we lose we sink lower.....I bloody hate football today.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'd be pleased with a pint. I'd be pleased with a point. I'd hate to be pintless. I'd be pleased not to watch Pointless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

This will be my expression after 45 Min's of listening on CAFC Player

Do you want me to bark loudly to keep you on your toes?
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

This will be my expression after 45 Min's of listening on CAFC Player

Do you want me to bark loudly to keep you on your toes?
    that would be great thanks lol
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    The Latest Mori Poll On CAFC.

CAFC win at Brum= 98% Happy
    CAFC Win at Brum=2% Sad
    CAFC Draw at Brum= 100% Brain Freeze.

Mori state please allow 40% swing either way as the 1000 surveyed were from data supplied by K. Meire
  • Options

Dont think Reza will be appearing... He's posted a video of himself in some resort about 3-hours ago...

Wonder if he's been told by Fraeye to come back a bit late so that he misses this Saturday yet arrives back in England refreshed and ready to go for training ready for the Ipswich game next Saturday

looks like he's in Turkey, another move perhaps?

• Options

looks like he's in Turkey, another move perhaps?

Nah thats gotta be Guam

• Options
    Either way sounds as though Reza is back from International Duty;

Reza had a long, 25-hour flight back, so we will have to manage that, but he is fit.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karel-fraeye-birmingham-city-2808204.aspx#S1JkvBjjRHvHCbci.99
  • Options
    "He isn’t match fit yet but match fitness you can only gain by playing games and that’s what he’ll do in the coming weeks. A good start will be important for him and for us. He could be involved on Saturday.”

So he'll risk somebody who has insufficient sharpness? Another one who'll end up injured and it'll be a pointless exercise. Get him fitter first.
  • Options
    Why do we only buy unfit players
  • Options

Because we go to the last chance saloon for our players.
    (In Roger Johnson's case: The king's Head)

So many of our players hadn't played many games in the previous year before joining or were out of contract or had problems with coaches.
    Watt, Diarra, Ceballos,Eagles, big Mak and now Vaz Te,, plus so many other find it hard to step up to the 46 game season of the Championship after coming from different less intent leagues.

• Options

Probably cheaper!