Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Sat 21 Mov | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options

"He isn’t match fit yet but match fitness you can only gain by playing games and that’s what he’ll do in the coming weeks. A good start will be important for him and for us. He could be involved on Saturday.”

So he'll risk somebody who has insufficient sharpness? Another one who'll end up injured and it'll be a pointless exercise. Get him fitter first.

He didn't say he was unfit, just lacking match fitness, which you only get from playing games. You have to be incredibly lucky to sign match fit players in November, as the loan players (like Coquelin for example) are nearly always players who can't get in the 1st team, and hence lack match fitness.

The only way you'll sign a match fit player, is someone who was playing regularly, but then has a massive bust up with the manager and kicked out immediately!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Tickets on the gate anyone know?

You will probably have to get them from the ticket office
  • Options

"He isn’t match fit yet but match fitness you can only gain by playing games and that’s what he’ll do in the coming weeks. A good start will be important for him and for us. He could be involved on Saturday.”

So he'll risk somebody who has insufficient sharpness? Another one who'll end up injured and it'll be a pointless exercise. Get him fitter first.

He didn't say he was unfit, just lacking match fitness, which you only get from playing games. You have to be incredibly lucky to sign match fit players in November, as the loan players (like Coquelin for example) are nearly always players who can't get in the 1st team, and hence lack match fitness.

The only way you'll sign a match fit player, is someone who was playing regularly, but then has a massive bust up with the manager and kicked out immediately!
    I did say 'insufficient sharpness'. That's the sort of thing that does hamstrings in doesn't it? Whatever, I've just got a feeling that Vaz Te will add very little. RD and KM will be praying that deals like this will come off so they don't have to part with any cash come the January transfer window.
  • Options

Unless of course you're Charlton and you give away your good professionals who are match fit for nothing, for example Morrison. Or you get players fit and send them on loan.

Anyway, this is in my BTTS so I am hoping for a win but going for a draw, 1-1 with Gudmunsson from the spot.
  • Options
    God, but you lot can moan.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sage said:

Unless of course you're Charlton and you give away your good professionals who are match fit for nothing, for example Morrison. Or you get players fit and send them on loan.

Anyway, this is in my BTTS so I am hoping for a win but going for a draw, 1-1 with Gudmunsson from the spot.
    Morrison wasn't match fit when he initially joined Brum on loan, giving him away while daft, isn't relevant to whether Vaz Te will do a good job.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Sage said:

Morrison wasn't match fit when he initially joined Brum on loan, giving him away while daft, isn't relevant to whether Vaz Te will do a good job.
    He joined Birmingham on loan on 31st October and played 90 minutes against Wolves the next day. I'd say that's fairly match fit, not as if it's someone who hasn't played for months. Morrison was out of favour when Peeters was in charge and the opportunity to join another championship club came up, he rightly took it, but we wrongly let him go.

Not saying Vaz Te won't do well as I firmly believe he will be a great signing and am excited to see him play for us. But that doesn't change the way I feel towards the board, even the interim one has said with Igor being out for a while we needed someone else brought in.

This is a pre-match views thread though, and I hope we do win but think we will draw 1-1.
  • Options
    I'd love a point...

You just cant tell with this team... paper thin, yet when we are on it we can be very good indeed...

KF is still a moron though...

and KM makes my blood boil...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    0-1 Charlton. Big Mak
  • Options
    Cousins for ba
    Holmes Dennis for solly if not fit
    1-1
  • Options
    Birmingham 2-0 Charlton
  • Options
    I would take a point right now as I consider the chances of getting one to be remote.
  • Options
    changed my opinion a few times this week, but finally settled for a very close win 1-0, 2-1, to the addicks. Match thread from 2 pm
  • Options
    I've just arrived and it's absolutely freezing, wrap up warm lads and lasses if you're coming up tomorrow !
  • Options
    The first goal as always will be crucial. I think we will give them a tough match and will not be on the end of a thrashing. But I think they might just have too much for us sadly Birmingham to win 2-0.
  • Options
    Happy with a point, , not risking a tenner though.
  • Options
    Now it's snowing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

That why they should play this before games at the Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

If KM had a sense of humour.............
  • Options
    Just noticed that Reza didn't even come on against Guam. How pointless.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Failed to win in 12 away games. Lost the last six. Stat pulled from Twitter.
  • Options
    A narrow defeat , 2-1 Brummies
  • Options
    Lennon's shirt hanging up in the dressing room
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Unchanged team .... 0-1 win and KF gets the job till end of season

Colin calls it !
  • Options
    sm said:

Redrobo said:

That why they should play this before games at the Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

If KM had a sense of humour.............
    Love it.