Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Morrison - signed for Pompey (p6)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    To be honest, I believe Colin's statement over the 2 clubs.
  • Options
    Bournemouth supporting mate (who works for them) told me over Christmas that they had a serious interest in Morro in Jan but decided not to act on it.

Not sure he is quite premier league quality but it highlights how clueless we were to let him leave for zilch.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

colin1961 said:

Morrison asked to go out on loan to get game time because he was 4th in line

As normal on this shit forum facts don't matter .....

Fourth behind????

Ben Haim
    Bikey
    and......
    I'm going to guess the answer is "Gomaz"
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Letting Morro go was a more stupid decision than selling Yann in many ways.

What your forgetting is that Morrison asked to leave and at that time we were on our unbeaten run ..
    Do one Colin.
  • Options
    And of course he will score against us from a corner or set peice
  • Options
    Lots on here had no problem with the move when it happened I seem to remember.
  • Options
    We didnt know then that we would sell or let go every decent centre half at the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    colin1961 said:

Morrison asked to go out on loan to get game time because he was 4th in line

As normal on this shit forum facts don't matter .....

Bearing in mind you keep coming back and posting on this shit forum.
  • Options
    Biggest mistake that Peeters made in his brief time as head coach/manager.
    Never trust ex Millwall staff!
    Have read on here somewhere that he was slagged off after the Fulham game.
    Stephens, Kermo and Morrison leaving are unforgiveable signs of total incompetence!
    Plus add Tony Watt to the mix and you then know why we are a laughing stock.
  • Options
    Always thought Taylor wasn't given at chance at Champ level. Was excellent in L1 for us and for the few games he did play in the Champ, was perfectly solid.
  • Options

Always thought Taylor wasn't given at chance at Champ level. Was excellent in L1 for us and for the few games he did play in the Champ, was perfectly solid.

Agreed but dont forget Leon Cort had already replaced him when he arrived in the second half of the L1 season.

I reckon Powell would have kept him yet Taylor not being young probably didnt want to just sit on the bench
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Agreed but dont forget Leon Cort had already replaced him when he arrived in the second half of the L1 season.

I reckon Powell would have kept him yet Taylor not being young probably didnt want to just sit on the bench
    Cort was excellent. Wood and Taylor were league 1 standard
  • Options
    I think the way a lot of the league one winning side/championship side have fallen away shows how good Chris Powell was at getting the best out of players, another similar trait to Curbs. Bradley Pritchard, Matt Taylor, Lawrie Wilson, Danny Green are all players who went down hill after leaving Charlton and not due to age. On Morrison, the writing was on wall for him under Peter's after the game against Birmingham, Peters was so determined that it had to be played from the back constantly and Birmingham allowed Morrison the ball from our back 4 and he struggled. That said,still shambolic decision especially given he was sacked shortly after.
  • Options

I think the way a lot of the league one winning side/championship side have fallen away shows how good Chris Powell was at getting the best out of players, another similar trait to Curbs. Bradley Pritchard, Matt Taylor, Lawrie Wilson, Danny Green are all players who went down hill after leaving Charlton and not due to age. On Morrison, the writing was on wall for him under Peter's after the game against Birmingham, Peters was so determined that it had to be played from the back constantly and Birmingham allowed Morrison the ball from our back 4 and he struggled. That said,still shambolic decision especially given he was sacked shortly after.

Its quite simple reason... the Charlton teams of Alan Curbishley and Chris Powell were built on a bit of talent yet we signed players with had the desire to prove themselves whilst being trusted with doing the job when no one else believes in them (signing the likes of Lawrie Wilson and Danny Green were perfect for this reason because of being released by Charlton as kids).

the Charlton teams under Roland dont have this for the very simple reason... Spreadsheets dont show it!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

Taylor and Wood were solid defenders too. Could hold their own in this league. Solid old fashioned defenders. Exactly what you need in the championship.

SCP was a genius at signings. He got it spot on with not only style of play but also heart and personality.

I'd add Leon Cort to that list, we were lucky really to have them, SCP would never sign a Roger Johnson would he?

• Options
    Another reminder of the Roland car crash.
  • Options
    Reading have taken 22 out of 24 points this season and are 7 points clear at the top of the Championship. Remarkably they have had the lowest number of shots on target in the Championship.

They also have the 32 year old warrior that is Michael Morrision leading them. Still doing the business almost 6 years after leaving us in such unsatisfactory circumstances. 
    The same Michael Morrison that some people on here were adamant was rejoining us lol
  • Options
    Reading have taken 22 out of 24 points this season and are 7 points clear at the top of the Championship. Remarkably they have had the lowest number of shots on target in the Championship.

They also have the 32 year old warrior that is Michael Morrision leading them. Still doing the business almost 6 years after leaving us in such unsatisfactory circumstances. 
    Unbelievable what's going on there at the moment, they're by far the form team in England, never mind the Championship!