Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loaning Watt to Cardiff was an 'easy' decision, says Fraeye

124»

Comments

• Options
    Defence is more the issue.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

ok Tony .... whatever you say Gudmunnson and others won't agree

What have they said then?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Such a twat.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Such still a twat.
    Fixed
  • Options
    Has Watt gone on loan because the club can't afford him now they've brought in Vaz Te?
    If so, that's really sad because Makienok might have been a lot sharper today (not difficult) if he'd had a player of Watt's ability in the squad competing for his place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lass's cousin is a Cardiff supporter and is keeping me advised of Tony's progress, here's his first view on him:

"saw him on saturday against Burnley. Didn’t have high hopes as couldn’t work out why Charlton would let him out on loan,considering their current struggles, unless he wasn’t up to it. (or had a disruptive attitude)

However, I was pleasantly surprised. He impressed in the first half -looked lively with pace - was unlucky not to score when his shot from just outside the area went past the left hand post after an elusive run through 5 defenders.

Got subbed early in second half - but at first sight reckon he could be our gain and your loss

We didn’t win the game though - threw away a two goal lead in the last 5 mins to draw

Hey Ho
  • Options
    yes Stevie, but a motivated Tony might have scored before the 75th minute, instead he'll do it for Cardiff where it seems his managed and motivated
  • Options

yes Stevie, but a motivated Tony might have scored before the 75th minute, instead he'll do it for Cardiff where it seems his managed and motivated

We shall see. Russell Slade couldn't manage Ravel Morrison so hopefully he was a one off. Don't get me wrong I got excited watching him play for us and chanted his name and got behind him even when he was having a mare. I still hope his future is Red.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

We shall see. Russell Slade couldn't manage Ravel Morrison so hopefully he was a one off. Don't get me wrong I got excited watching him play for us and chanted his name and got behind him even when he was having a mare. I still hope his future is Red.
    His future will be Red, in a Cardiff away top.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

His future will be Red, in a Cardiff away top.
    For 6 months, then somewhere else for 6 months...
  • Options
    We all know the real reason he's gone IMO. Vaz te has been brought in, and the Belgians don't want to be paying two salaries, case closed for me
  • Options
    The above report sounds just the same sort of debut that Tony Watt had here at Charlton...

I hate to say now but I don't expect it to last and when things don't start going right for him on the pitch, his head will drop, I wonder if that's actually his issue, not the fact that he's got a bad attitude but because he's his own worst enemy... We saw in the newspaper article (think it was the SLP) that he can get really critical of his performances and I wonder if he just concentrates on the past matches too much because ultimately it maybe causes him to lash out at other players due to his own frustration.

The Management staff try to drum it into him to forget them yet at the same time he doesn't appear the best listener so ignores them... Each new club means that he somehow gets it into his head that its a fresh start and forgets the problems for a time being.

Like @1StevieG says... At the end of the day we're Charlton Athletic... Not Athletic
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

Yesterday it really hit home for me....how bloody stupid is it to send one of your best players out on loan when you are in a relegation fight.

It's not for football reasons that he as gone .... The club had little choice once Jackson made the management aware of the issues concerning other players
    You are so boring.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

Yesterday it really hit home for me....how bloody stupid is it to send one of your best players out on loan when you are in a relegation fight.

It's not for football reasons that he as gone .... The club had little choice once Jackson made the management aware of the issues concerning other players
    You are so boring.
    Matt Wright and @PeteF seem to agree with him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

Good... Jackson is the Captain of this Football Club so glad he's ensuring that nobody is being carried during this period or if we we're in a battle for promotion...

Its no secret that Jackson is doing his coaching badges so could seriously see him being the Manager of Charlton one day (and probably not too far away either), if he shows weakness in front of the young players who could still be here when he is Manager, they'll walk all over him!!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

But Jackson's legs have gone ?
  • Options
    IA said:

colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

Think its pretty true at the moment if he went off after someone raked their foot down his Achilles?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

You are so boring.
    But do they write it 83 times a day? Unlikely.
  • Options
    IA said:

colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

One of them certainly did on Saturday
  • Options

However the Staprix message is the same, no matter the club involved, for any player who is on a first team money.

We have seen the same with Morrisson & Wiggins who were both given decent contracts. The owner when he sits and watches his on line feed is simply interested in seeing he is "getting value for money" from any given player. If he is paying a player first team money why is he not playing? We tried to offload Morrisson to Romania and apparently even tried to offload Vetokele from the injury table to Bolton.

Watt and to a degree Fraeye are victims of circumstance. As an interim coach who had no vested interest in him joining the club nor has at present any interest in his or the clubs long term future Watt is not his problem. If he is ready to contribute to playing his way he stays if he is not he can go. Hence the easy decision. Fraeye does not have the luxury of waiting for him to get on board.

This is it in a nutshell isn't it.

John Robinson took 3 or more seasons of ordinary football, in and out of the side, before he matured into a player capable of competing at the highest level. If you have a big focus on recruiting younger players, inconsistency is part and parcel as they develop into rounded footballers at their peak. It makes neither football nor business sense to offload them as soon as they're not winning a first team place every week.

It explains why we've got little behind a first XI and why at the first sign of injuries and suspensions the results fell away. It explains why we let players the quality of Morrison go for nothing. It's a huge indicator of an owner who simply doesn't get this league (if any).
  • Options

He's already scored more than Reza will in his career here.. no bad word to be said for Watt, the Club knew of his attitude tendencies upon signing him. Loaning him out is a defeat to that, but I'm not surprised Fraeye can't/doesn't want to handle him or Watt doesn't want to be handled by him, so to speak.

guy luzon knew and sogned him. no coincidence luzon gone watt not far behind
  • Options

PL54 said:

colin1961 said:

cafctom said:

You are so boring.
    But do they write it 83 times a day? Unlikely.
    Probably 54 times

:wink: