Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich Match Disruption

''There is a big difference between polite protests and game disruption. Those who are planning the latter on Saturday please think again. If 'heaven forbid' the game were to be abandoned then the 'Club' would be fined £1,000's and there would almost certainly be points deducted. This wouldn't come out of the pocket of Mr Duchatalet but out of the club budget. This would mean that all supporters would suffer. Do you want to do that to your fellow fans? It would very likely force an increase in season ticket prices next year and block the chances of new players in January - the money has to be recouped from somewhere. Do you also want to get a 'long term' ban and likely as not a criminal record? What would this actually achieve? Nothing!!!

You may not be happy with all that is happening at the Club, but please put your brains in gear before acting like idiots. You may think getting publicity on TV is good. It isn't!! All it does is ensure that all fans are lumped together as supporting your cause and being troublemakers.
Use your voices and excess energy in supporting our Manager and team not bringing Charlton in to disrepute.''

The above from Sue Parkes, Wife of Club Secretary Chris, placed on Facebook last night.

What has been heard or said to get the game disrupted? Holding a banner up and chanting won't get the game stopped. So what else has the club heard? Seems a bit over the top personally.

Comments

• Intriguing - what have they heard?
  • bizarre. Not heard ANY talk of attempting to get the game abandoned. Maybe they are trying to derail the poster protest somehow? Wouldn't surprise me if Joe was stopped with his boxes of posters by the Old Bill for some reason.
  • I was told yesterday that they believe there was a plan to invade the pitch ala Blackpool to get the game abandoned.

first I've heard of it! ...and I wouldn't support it anyway as I am sure is the case with most fans.
  • I was told yesterday that they believe there was a plan to invade the pitch ala Blackpool to get the game abandoned.

LOL, last time The Valley pitch was invaded it was covered in weeds and trees.
  • WSS said:

We don't even get go the pitch when we win the title!

great minds.....
  • Haven't heard a whisper of this on the grapevine.

Smoke and Mirrors.

wouldn't surprise me
  • Sponsored links:

• Points deducted? How many did Blackpool get deducted for their on-pitch invasions? Any?
  • edited November 2015
    I agree, just passing on what I'd heard yesterday

can't see anything like that happening at all personally, as stated above we didn't even do it when we won the league!

also most of those who would be 'most likely' to pitch invade will be in the NU
  • Points deducted? How many did Blackpool get deducted for their on-pitch invasions? Any?

We're Charlton though... We're the only side that got moaned at for invading the Carlisle pitch when we won promotion that year, especially when after we did it, about 12 other teams did and got great media coverage for it
  • A smokescreen. seems to be the way our club operates these days.

Damn! Sussed! And I've been practising how to get down from the West Upper in a dramatic fashion.

• edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015

We don't pitch invade when we win league titles, so i don't think theres much to worry about here.

Tuesday 29 April 1975 ring any bells?

(granted we didn't win the title!)
  • edited November 2015
    There will never be a pitch invasion at Charlton in this day and age, or anything of the sort. Non story.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

I was told yesterday that they believe there was a plan to invade the pitch ala Blackpool to get the game abandoned.

Damn! Sussed! And I've been practising how to get down from the West Upper in a dramatic fashion.

Looks like you were a bit nervous there!!
  • Most Bizarre !!!!!!
  • Haven't heard a whisper of this on the grapevine.

Smoke and Mirrors.

Vic and Bob.
  • Some of the members who inhabit the CAFC 'Unofficial' page on Facebook have published some extreme views/ideas for their own 'style' of demonstration tomorrow, and some may not be aware of the '2%' plan of action, hence Sue's cautionary posting. I would add that the language used by some on said FB page is not for 'family viewing' either.
  • Classic psywar.
    Turn it round so the fans are the villains.
  • I sacked that Facebook page off a while ago but from what I remember my the lady in question could be a bit dramatic
  • I would think Sue has read comments on the Charlton facebook page that is populated by a cast of idiots and window lickers of the lowest order, I left a long time ago thanks to their inanity, but I can imagine some of the drivel they have been coming out with.

Also, Sue is very much NOT the club, she speaks for herself, no-one else. She is a passionate supporter of CAFC, not RD and co. Hence the differentiation between protest and disruption.