Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Ipswich

Comments

• Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 6
    Bauer - 5
    Sarr - 5
    Fox - 4
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Makienok - 5
    Lookman - 7
    Vaz Te - 6
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5 still not match fit by looks of him
    Bauer - 5 not his best performance
    Sarr- 2 almost the worst on the pitch
    Fox - 3 he wasnt as bad as Sarr in a weak side
    Diarra- 5 seen so much better
    Cousins - 4 as above
    Holmes-Dennis - 6 at least he showed up
    Berg Gudmundusson- 4 not his best
    Makienok- 1 only because I can't give a zero, worse player I've ever seen for us I wish he had got sent off at least he wouldn't be a liability.
    Lookman- 8 mom easily, worked hard, wanted it and showed skill, only think missing was a goal.
    Vaz Te -7 really like him so far, needs to start with Lookman.
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 5
    Sarr - 5.5
    Fox - 4.5
    Diarra - 6.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Makienok - 4
    Lookman - 7
    Vaz Te - 7
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 5
    Sarr - 4
    Fox - 3.5
    Diarra - 7
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 7.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 5.5
    Makienok - 4.5
    Lookman - 8 MOM
    Vaz Te - 7
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 5
    Sarr - 4
    Fox - 5
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 5.5
    Makienok - 5
    Lookman - 7.5
    Vaz Te - 7

Jackson n/a
    Reza n/a
  • Options

Henderson - 6
    Solly - 6
    Bauer - 6
    Sarr - 5
    Fox - 5
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 5
    Lookman - 7.5
    Vaz Te - 6.5

Jackson n/a
    Reza n/a
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Henderson - 6.5 good saves, maybe should have come out for first goal
    Solly - 5.5
    Bauer - 5 looked out of sorts with Sarr next to him
    Sarr - 4 seems relatively clueless
    Fox - 4 really bad game by his standards, looked slow and kept smacking it up the line to no-one
    Diarra - 6 fine but could have helped out back 4 more
    Cousins - 6 ran but lacked first touch and general quality
    THD - 6.5 he is encouraging but wasn't playing with much help today
    JBG - 6 had spells of liveliness but his end product was poor - passing/crossing and (lack of) shooting
    Makieyok - 2 can't think of anything he did right. Waste of oxygen today
    Lookman - 6 good touches and effort but looked isolated
    Vaz Te - 6.5 encouraging, an actual striker but didn't have the luck when it came to Gerken matching his efforts
  • Options
    Henderson 6
    Solly 6
    Bauer 6
    Sarr 5.5
    Fox 5
    Diarra 6
    Cousins 6
    Holmes Dennis 6.5
    Gudmunddson 5
    Makienok 4
    Lookman 7

Vaz te 6

• Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 6
    Sarr - 5.5
    Fox - 4
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 3
    Lookman - 7
    Vaz Te - 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5 Looked solid despite the 3 goals
    Solly - 6 Tried hard but struggling for match fitness
    Bauer - 5.5
    Sarr - 5
    Fox - 5 Looked frustrated but took a yellow for the boys (Good Lad is all I can for that)
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 6 Tried hard
    Holmes-Dennis - 7.5 Looks the business
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 5 Tough game well marked out
    Lookman - 8 Looks the business
    Vaz Te - 7 Put himself about well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson 6 - not a lot to do.

Solly 5 - surprised when he came on for JJ. The decline continues.

Bauer 6 - hard game for him. Stuck at it.

Sarr 4.5 - gives me the willies. Pitman had him on toast. Never gave up to his credit.

Fox 3 - useless. Hopefully his substitution is a sign that the management have finally sussed that he needs to be replaced. THD from now on please.

Diarra 5 - his least effective game since his switch to midfid.

Cousins 5. - Tried very hard. Touch of a hippopotamus.

Holmes Dennis 7 - excellent and versatile display.

Gudmunddson 5 - huffed and puffed to little effect. Show him the outside and he's neutralised. Body language is awful. Off in January I suspect.

Makienok 1. Up there with the worst individual performances ever seen in a charlton shirt. Absolutely clueless and utterly ineffective. A shame as he clearly cares. Three of the best crosses I've seen all season and he wasn't within ten yards.

Lookman 7 - a shining light in the darkness. Great display.

Vaz te 6 - promising. Needs to start.
  • Options
    Stephen Henderson 7 Couldn’t do much the goals and made a few smart saves in the first half.
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 7 Worked hard and had some quality in his boots but final ball let him down.
    Naby Sarr 5 Didn’t defend well for two of the three goals and looks out of his depth. Patrick Bauer 6 Possibly at fault for the third goal but didn’t do too much else wrong. Morgan Fox 6 Got forward well but nobody could get onto his crosses.
    Alou Diarra 6 Lost his midfield battle after a bright start to the game.
    Johnnie Jackson 6 Came off early on with a knock which is a blow for the Addicks. Jordan Cousins 6 Battled hard and his work rate is never in question. Quality with the ball was poor today though.
    Johann Berg Gudmundsson 5 Uncharacteristically poor from Gudmundsson who struggled with the ball at his feet.
    Simon Makienok 3 Borderline awful display from the big striker who failed to win headers and didn’t do anything on the floor.
    Ademola Lookman 8 Good display from Lookman who didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. Quick and nimble with a bright future.
    Subs: Chris Solly 6 Out of position when chasing the game but should probably be starting.
    Ricardo Vaz Te 6 Made a slight impact when first coming on at half time but faded.

Reza Ghoochannejhad 6 No impact.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/charlton_player_ratings_big_striker_puts_in_awful_display_but_academy_duo_impress_1_4329114
    Copyright © LONDON24
  • Options

For those who saw the game today, at the Valley or TV or stream, your marks and please keep to the order below:

Henderson - 5. Didn't do anything wrong that I remember and didn't make a worthwhile save that I remember either.

Solly - 5. Love the bloke but ordinary today.

Bauer - 4.5 continental CB without the physicality really needed for top level Championship

Sarr - 2. Useless. Expect non league footy is his real level.

Fox - 4. Stuck to his task and kept going to the end. Not the greatest but gives all he has.

Diarra - 6. Average performance, affected by JJ going off.

Cousins - 6. Can never fault his effort.

Holmes-Dennis - 7. Skilful player and a lot of bottle too.

Berg Gudmundsson - 5. Is so much better than he is showing this season.

Makienok - 2. Should be less but people on here start to get funny. Single most abject personal performance at The Valley for a long, long time.

Lookman - 8. MOM. Skill, pace, and for his size, power.

Vaz Te - 7. Promising and unlucky not to score.

Jackson n/a
    Reza n/a

Fraeye - 3. Poor decision on substitutions.

• Options
    Henderson - 6
    Holmes-Dennis - 6.5
    Bauer - 6
    Sarr - 5
    Fox - 4
    Diarra - 6.5
    Cousins - 6
    Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 4
    Lookman - 6.5

Vaz Te - 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 6
    Bauer - 4
    Sarr - 4
    Fox - 4
    Diarra - 4
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 4
    Makienok - 4
    Lookman - 7
    Vaz Te - 6.5

Jackson n/a
    Reza n/a
  • Options
    Makienok-1,

absolute shite in the air,how a player his height can not win/make an effort to win balls in the air is beyond me.

Bullied at 6"7ins he should be ashamed of himself.The only balls he won was when he had no or little opposition.

He doesn't care or has no pride,possibly both.

Plus points Lookman,Holmes-Dennis and Vaz Te.
  • Options
    wrighty said:

Makienok-1,

absolute shite in the air,how a player his height can not win/make an effort to win balls in the air is beyond me.

Bullied at 6'7ins he should be ashamed of himself.The only balls he won was when he had no or little opposition.

He doesn't care or has no pride,possibly both.

Plus points Lookman,Holmes-Dennis and Vaz Te.

• Options

Henderson 7 Not at fault for the goals. Made a couple of world class saves.
    Solly 5 Is it a coincidence we started winning when he wasn't playing?
    Bauer 6 Positioning not always great,me specially for 2nd goal.
    Sarr 4 Naïve at best, mostly out of position.
    Fox 4 Mmmmmmmmm.
    Diarra 6 Was expecting more from him. Was sometimes being drawn too far back though by our defensive frailties.
    Cousins 5 What has happened to his control and sublime passing?
    Holmes-Dennis 7 Exciting prospect, so we won't have him for too long.
    Berg Gudmundsson 6 Was surprised he was getting bullied off the ball so often. Inconsistent.
    Makienok 2 Pants, pony, piss poor, passionless. Any p word you like really. Petulant?
    Lookman 8 When he gets physically stronger he is going to be the business. Has pace, scares defenders - that cross to V-T was amazing.
    Vaz Te 7 I was very meh about his signing, but I'm much happier now. The sooner he starts, the sooner I don't have to watch that Danish dunce. Get him in with Reza and Lookman, three prong attack, and we will look less laughable.

Jackson n/a
    Reza n/a

Agree with these marks, please use them as mine too. Am sure we'll lose Lookman soon for a paltry fee. How can you be 6'7'' and not win a header in the entire first half?

Would start with Reza up front with Lookman and Vaz Te as has been said in the post I am quoting.
  • Options
    He did win one in the first half - after 43 mins - i remember turning around to my son and saying 'feck me, he's won one' !!
  • Options
    Henderson - 6 How do you mark a keeper, who makes no obvious mistakes, but picks the ball out if the net 3 times?

Solly - 4 Terrible decision to bring him on. No leadership, and never got near any Ipswich player the whole time he was on the pitch.

Bauer - 5 Worst performance in a Charlton shirt. Misses the leadership of Diarra alongside him. Some poor decision making.

Sarr - 5.5 It's all a matter of interpretation. To me, the best of the back 4. At least he tackled a few players, which is more than can be said for anybody else.

Fox - 5 Badly let down by lack of support on occasion. Took a booking after having to chase a truly awful pass from THD late in the 1st half.

Diarra - 5.5 Did his best in a very "Alamo" situation, as the midfield was over run in the first half.

Cousins - 6 At least tracked back from midfield, and got some tackles in. Needed to after Solly came on. Showed more passion than many others on the pitch.

Holmes-Dennis - 6 Decent display from a young player being moved about from pillar to post. Note to the coaching team: if you are going to expect someone to play in 3 different positions in a game, perhaps pick an experienced pro? Some poor decisions, but as a young player, can hold his head high. Nice to see a full back with genuine pace.

Berg Gudmundsson - 5 Disappointing performance from our most creative player. When the chips are down, his head drops far too quickly. Not a man you want alongside you "in the trenches".

Makienok - 4 I will defend Simon a little here. Given NO protection by the referee the whole game. Yes, disappointingly out muscled, but fouled almost continuously. Not his sort of game, and should have been substituted earlier.

Lookman - 6 A TW who passes, and with some pace. Tricks (that don't always come off), and the confidence to take players on. Again, some poor decisions, but at 18, will learn. Encouraging.

Vaz Te - 7 MOTM Could have had 2 goals, but for him coming up against an inspired keeper. Raised the whole tempo of the side. May not yet be able to play the full 90, but start him next game.

Jackson n/a Any of those still doubting Jacko's contribution to our team, this was the game to shut them up. Matched Ipswich right up to the point he got injured, then it rapidly went pear shaped. The Skipper is a slow healer, and his reaction to getting injured was clear in the East Stand. He thought it was a bad one...

Reza n/a Looked lively when he came on. I think he can consider himself unlucky that he was dropped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson -6
    Solly -5
    Bauer -6
    Sarr -4
    Fox -5
    Diarra -6
    Cousins -5
    Holmes-Dennis -7
    Berg Gudmundsson -5
    Makienok -3
    Lookman -7
    Vaz Te -7
  • Options
    Watched on the telly.

Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 5.5
    Sarr - 4.5
    Fox -4.5
    Diarra -6
    Cousins -6
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 1 - I have always scoffed at marks outside the 4-8 bracket but he was so supremely bad I think we would have done better with just ten men. His hole body language was so bad that my dad and I were saying he should be subbed after about ten minutes, I know you can't do that but the opportunity was there at 30 mins, half time and 10 mins into the 2nd half. It became painful.
    Lookman - 7
    Vaz Te - 7
  • Options
    Watched us for the first time this season on tv. Can mal jump! For somebody of his size he won surprisingly little and was generally shocking. Thought the youngsters looked good, and a better second half performance gave some hope, please let Jackson come back quickly. Agree about lookman has real potential, hopefully not the new Lisbie, rather a shelvey. 5s all round, lookman 7, Vaz 6, cousins 6 and Holmes Dennis 6,5, Mak a generous 3
  • Options
    Henderson - 6 some great saves
    Solly - 4
    Bauer - 3
    Sarr - 2
    Fox - 3
    Diarra - 5
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 4
    Makienok - 1
    Lookman - 7
    Vaz Te -6
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 4
    Sarr -3
    Fox - 3
    Diarra - 5
    Cousins - 6
    Holmes-Dennis - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 3
    Lookman - 6
    Vaz Te - 5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 5
    Bauer - 5
    Sarr - 5
    Fox - 4
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 5
    Lookman - 8
    Vaz Te -7
  • Options
    Is this going to be the record for lowest average score for one player?
  • Options
    Henderson - 5
    Solly - 4
    Bauer - 4
    Sarr - 4
    Fox - 5
    Diara - 5
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 5
    Makienok - 3
    Lookman - 7