Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This protesting and Roland out lark

Comments

• Options
    <
    Portsmouth , Wrexham,and others all throught the same where are they now

Where have Wrexham ever been??

Portsmouth are where CAFC will be in a couple of seasons, they will probably pass us on our way down. But then again they have regular support of 15000 at home games if we sink to that level our support would be less than 5000. When if 150 fans had a protest that would exceed 2%.

• Options

Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

A new owner will take over.

'cause Roly won't go anywhere without SELLING the club.
  • Options
    The whole black and white thing didn't feel as if it helped the team much today.
  • Options
    That's very good RDG. Why not pop it into a letter and send it to the club. I'm sure Katrien will pass it on...................................................
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

It's a business...he could wind it down and sell its assets...should get a few bob for the valley, the training ground, the football franchise and some of the players...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Daggs said:

It's a business...he could wind it down and sell its assets...should get a few bob for the valley, the training ground, the football franchise and some of the players...
    Yes, and he could sell the club tomorrow to whoever he likes and those supporters that are scared to protest because of the unknown would not be able to do a thing about it.
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Think the point is Roland needs to sort out the direction of the club, I thought katrien was the just doing his work(which I defend her), but it's clear the problem is her. She out of her depth

This is my biggest gripe against a 'regime' that has done a lot of good for the club .. stabilised the finances paid for and laid a new pitch etc. etc. .. BUT this young lady talks a good fight or perhaps acts as a good ventriloquist dummy without seeming to achieve much on the PLAYING side of the club .. at 'the end of the day', the GAME is what it is all about
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Another one comes in, possibly from the Far East or Africa, who then changes the colour of the kit, gets their wife to write a shitty song for the club, moves our club to a new but soulless ground, hires a series of foreign managers or changes the name of the club to Charlton Addicks, please delete as appropriate

I hope you enjoy League 1 with the Belgians in charge.
  • Options

I suspect the majority of people when things aren't going well, like when you are once again getting dicked at home like today, desperately want a change of direction AND ownership. I think when they calm down, most get scared of potential consequences if no one else comes along.

One thing is for sure though, we can't tell RD to F off. He has no intention of ever being here to tell it to.

Will just have to say it to Meire instead.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Simple we don't have a club because no one else out there who wants us .... These fans don't get it that RD was the only person who was prepared to put his money into the club the last time .... and hence the reason why these people still have somewhere to go on Saturday afternoon
    There have been others interested in the past, and there will be again in the future - but you have to worry when our "small print" includes stuff like moving to a new ground and paying a bloke 2 mill for arranging it.

Who knows what else is buried in the " future obligations" of any new owner.
  • Options

We go into admin, take a 10 point deduction, go down (gonna happen anyway), and then we will suffer the same fate as Southampton, the nigels, Bournemouth, Leicester etc.............er..........hold on a minute !!!!!!
    2002 - My beloved Stockport County, a Championship club.

2013 - they are a struggling part time, National League North (6th tier) club, living off the kudos of giving the likes of Jamie Vardy a chance in lower league football a few years ago in order to retain any credibility with mega rich neighbours.

Granted, County are nowhere near the size of my second love CAFC, but it was all caused by atrocious mismanagement off the field.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I took one of the sheets of paper and it was in my hand when I was searched at the entrance to the Millenium lounge, the taciturn individual (they are all like that now when they used

to be friendly)told me I could not take the sheet of paper in with me, I said that a sheet of paper can't do too much damage and put it in my pocket. he said nothing further
    Are the club denying supporters free speech along with ruining the football side.?

.surely it is now time. to say goodbye to our interim head coach and CEO

What a ridiculous attitude for the club official to take, I can only assume that they were acting on there own authority.

As you say the official's are acting in a very high handed manner, what next stop people wearing a black and white scarf.?

For god's sake CAFC get a grip, there is no need to treat your supporters\ customers like this who have a right to express a point of view.
    I was also told by more than one steward not to hand out the flyers on the pavement as its club property. They were obviously briefed to make things difficult.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    They told me not to drop litter by Charlton Station too.
    I mean just how ridiculous is RD that he is making them control the street in this way?
    How dare KM treat me this way.
    I mean what next for god's sake?
    The banning of hats?

Sorry, might have just got carried away on a cloud of ridiculous hyperbole.
  • Options

What after we have all sobered up from the celebration?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Daggs said:

We simply cannot afford to take some sort of "better the devil you know" approach to RD, which us what you seem you seem to be advocating?

Metaphorically he is Lucifer, Satan, the worst devil there is! The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour and his past behaviour towards teams is appalling!

And he is already dismantling the club and looking at ways to exploit / sell assets.
  • Options

They told me not to drop litter by Charlton Station too.
    I mean just how ridiculous is RD that he is making them control the street in this way?
    How dare KM treat me this way.
    I mean what next for god's sake?
    The banning of hats?

Sorry, might have just got carried away on a cloud of ridiculous hyperbole.

I would tell you not to drop litter as well! Use a bin!!!!
  • Options

KINSELLA7 said:

At least some fans seem to be realistic. It is utterly pointless asking for "Roland Out"..unless of course you can put £50-60m|on the table and he is willing to sell.
    As for the alternative aims mentioned, they are simply not specific, co-ordinated, consistent, and widely supported enough to have much chance of success.
    And they will not be effective unless the identifiable group seeking them openly rejects and distances itself from the mindless minority. It's very commendable saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are some opinions that you will have to clearly exclude from the protest or demand to have any credibility.

I suggest again that the limited initial aim is to have the management announce that it is actively seeking a permanent manager (2 years at least) with a decent CV, that it will give financial support, reasonable within the club's situation and standing, and report publically on it's progress, without prejudicing any possible appointment by making premature announcements

Sorry, can't support you as you haven't distanced yourself enough from the "mindless minority"
  • Options
    Fair enough, just carry on whistling to the wind