Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This protesting and Roland out lark

Comments

• Options
    I stood up and protested in the 2% club but don't really want RD out. KM, completely different, she can't leave quick enough IMO.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    jamescafc said:

I took one of the sheets of paper and it was in my hand when I was searched at the entrance to the Millenium lounge, the taciturn individual (they are all like that now when they used

to be friendly)told me I could not take the sheet of paper in with me, I said that a sheet of paper can't do too much damage and put it in my pocket. he said nothing further
    Are the club denying supporters free speech along with ruining the football side.?

.surely it is now time. to say goodbye to our interim head coach and CEO

What a ridiculous attitude for the club official to take, I can only assume that they were acting on there own authority.

As you say the official's are acting in a very high handed manner, what next stop people wearing a black and white scarf.?

For god's sake CAFC get a grip, there is no need to treat your supporters\ customers like this who have a right to express a point of view.
    I was also told by more than one steward not to hand out the flyers on the pavement as its club property. They were obviously briefed to make things difficult.
    They weren't briefed to do that. I can assure you the club is very clear that it has no jurisdiction outside its own property whatsoever and whenever that needs to be explained to anyone it is. Some of the land outside the north stand is club property but the pavement won't be.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

I took one of the sheets of paper and it was in my hand when I was searched at the entrance to the Millenium lounge, the taciturn individual (they are all like that now when they used

to be friendly)told me I could not take the sheet of paper in with me, I said that a sheet of paper can't do too much damage and put it in my pocket. he said nothing further
    Are the club denying supporters free speech along with ruining the football side.?

What a ridiculous attitude for the club official to take, I can only assume that they were acting on there own authority.

As you say the official's are acting in a very high handed manner, what next stop people wearing a black and white scarf.?

For god's sake CAFC get a grip, there is no need to treat your supporters\ customers like this who have a right to express a point of view.
    I was also told by more than one steward not to hand out the flyers on the pavement as its club property. They were obviously briefed to make things difficult.
    They weren't briefed to do that. I can assure you the club is very clear that it has no jurisdiction outside its own property whatsoever and whenever that needs to be explained to anyone it is. Some of the land outside the north stand is club property but the pavement won't be.
    Which is why you're able to sell VOTV on the corner of Ransome Walk I'm guessing
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I hope the 'If you don't like it, buy the club' mob have never criticised anyone for anything that they couldn't do better themselves.
    Thought Mak was poor today? You play up front then, if you're so good.
    Thought Sar looked clueless? You play at centre back then, if it's so easy.

Totally mindless attitude.

• Options
    It's not a question of not criticising, but of admitting what is achievable and what isn't. By "mindless minority" I meant those who are baying for the blood of RD and K, with little or no hope of getting it.
    I still believe that the limited aim I outlined, or something like it, would have a far greater chance of success than the current protests.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    KINSELLA7 said:

It's not a question of not criticising, but of admitting what is achievable and what isn't. By "mindless minority" I meant those who are baying for the blood of RD and K, with little or no hope of getting it.
    I still believe that the limited aim I outlined, or something like it, would have a far greater chance of success than the current protests.

You mean this 'limited aim' that you stated earlier @KINSELLA7 ?:
    KINSELLA7 said:

"I suggest again that the limited initial aim is to have the management announce that it is actively seeking a permanent manager (2 years at least) with a decent CV, that it will give financial support, reasonable within the club's situation and standing, and report publically on it's progress, without prejudicing any possible appointment by making premature announcements".

You think there's a chance of a protest bringing that about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I want is for the owner to give a fook, do the best for the club. If he came out and said he wanted to sell the club as soon as it gets into the premiership, it would give me an indication as to where the club is going.
  • Options
    The longer he owns and runs us like this, will make it more and more likely that the fear people have of loosing the club will happen.

• Options
    there's just not a queue of buyers hot and thirsty to get their hands on CAFC, look at the trouble the previous mob had in offloading our pride and joy .. so Roland can be as thick skinned as he likes and take what he perceives to be the long view of the club's future development, though I am sure that he'd offload if the price was right (it aint gonna happen any time soon) .. he may be right, he may be wrong, I just hope that I don't die before the outcome becomes a bit clearer
    .. as Chairman Mao (think it was him) replied when asked his opinion of the effects of the French Revolution: 'Its too soon to tell'
  • Options

there's just not a queue of buyers hot and thirsty to get their hands on CAFC, look at the trouble the previous mob had in offloading our pride and joy .. so Roland can be as thick skinned as he likes and take what he perceives to be the long view of the club's future development, though I am sure that he'd offload if the price was right (it aint gonna happen any time soon) .. he may be right, he may be wrong, I just hope that I don't die before the outcome becomes a bit clearer
    .. as Chairman Mao (think it was him) replied when asked his opinion of the effects of the French Revolution: 'Its too soon to tell'

You going to be telling us you have a personal signed copy of the little red book next!

Think it was a later Chinese PM.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It was President Zhou who showed the humour.
    Don't think a lowly prime minister would be allowed to be that revolutionary!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

Simple we don't have a club because no one else out there who wants us .... These fans don't get it that RD was the only person who was prepared to put his money into the club the last time .... and hence the reason why these people still have somewhere to go on Saturday afternoon
    He's an old bloke. In his 70th year. There's a 2.4% chance that he'll be dead in a year. Some people would be happy betting on those odds. What happens if he snuffs it? Inheritance tax is very high in Belgium. The Flanders regional govt. could soon own 65% of the club. Any old crap can happen.
  • Options

KINSELLA7 said:

You mean this 'limited aim' that you stated earlier @KINSELLA7 ?:
    KINSELLA7 said:

"I suggest again that the limited initial aim is to have the management announce that it is actively seeking a permanent manager (2 years at least) with a decent CV, that it will give financial support, reasonable within the club's situation and standing, and report publically on it's progress, without prejudicing any possible appointment by making premature announcements".

You think there's a chance of a protest bringing that about?
  • Options
    On reconsideration, "Campaign" would be a better word than protest. Ideally, would probably have had more chance starting 2-3 weeks ago. But if it could be shown to have general support amongst fans, it would have a chance. It would need to be published and put under the managements nose/s. It would be seen as reasonable, so could not be easily dismissed or ignored. If it were, then it should be followed up with proper action such as facility or even matchday boycotts.
    In other words you start softly but match disregard with action that illustrates how strongly fans feel. But still avoid violence, personal abuse etc and keep the media and any outsiders on our side. There is already some sympathy out there (see some of the comments in the Sky coverage) although this would be lost by repeats of the
    type of chanting shown on this site before the Sheff Wed game.
    The problem is bringing disparate (not desperate) fans together.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    KINSELLA7 said:

On reconsideration, "Campaign" would be a better word than protest. Ideally, would probably have had more chance starting 2-3 weeks ago. But if it could be shown to have general support amongst fans, it would have a chance. It would need to be published and put under the managements nose/s. It would be seen as reasonable, so could not be easily dismissed or ignored. If it were, then it should be followed up with proper action such as facility or even matchday boycotts.
    In other words you start softly but match disregard with action that illustrates how strongly fans feel. But still avoid violence, personal abuse etc and keep the media and any outsiders on our side. There is already some sympathy out there (see some of the comments in the Sky coverage) although this would be lost by repeats of the
    type of chanting shown on this site before the Sheff Wed game.
    The problem is bringing disparate (not desperate) fans together.

Campaign: Term used to launch the Spell it out in Black and White campaign

Starting 2 or 3 weeks ago: Spell it out started 6 weeks ago.

Published and put under the noses of the management: Like Spell it out was

Be reasonable: Like SIO is

Starting softly: SIO started with an appeal to write, then wearing black and white, then twitter storm, then holding up flyers

Avoid violence: No violence or suggestion of violence

Personal abuse: No personal abuse and point made on the back of the flyers that this was about gender or nationality.

The original SIO Post with added emphasis

-----------------------------------------

CAMPAIGN: Spell it out in Black and White
    Henry IrvingHenry Irving Member
    October 21 edited October 21 in General Charlton
    Following on from the "Write to Katrien" thread I felt that there needs to be a purpose to such a campaign, one that isn't just counter productive abuse as seen from a few on that thread but which aims to achieve something, however limited and unsatisfactory that might be to many. But it is has to be something concrete and measurable, something to aim for.

Many will say that "we just want them out" which is a legitimate view but not likely to encourage compromise or communication.

It also has to be something which can been seen and which, if it takes off, becomes harder and harder for Katrien, Roland and the media to ignore or claim they are unaware of.

And it needs to be something that most fans can buy into and join in with without violence or missing games

So here goes.

Spell it out in Black and White

The aims are:

- That by the end of the current season the board spell out exactly and with time frames and budgets what the business plan is for Charlton Athletic

- That by the end of the current season the club opens meaningful and two way dialogue with fans through public meetings attended by board members, regular articles on the clubs OS and any other avenues they choose.

- That the club immediately bring in and follows a policy of 100% response to all non-abusive letters and emails from fans and that the club publishes a list of senior managers with their emails so fans can contact the correct person directly.

- That the club create, by March 2016, and publicly invite membership from the fan base for a marketing working group to work towards having 20,000 gates at the Valley on a regular basis.

Why Spell it out in Black and White. The colours are part of our club colours and we won the FA Cup in white shirts and black shorts. They, of course, are also the colours of printed text.

The message to the club is "spell it out in Black and White" ie what are you doing and why.

Fans can show their support by wearing black and white badges, shirts, scarves (ala Man Utd fans yellow and green scarves), banners and this will be a visible display that can be seen in the stands, on the sofa and elsewhere. Change your icon on here or facebook if you want

It's a simple message that can be repeated to Katrien, to Roland and other staff "Please spell it out in black and white"

Fellow fans, feel free to laugh, to ridicule, to ignore, to say it is too much, too little or too late but it is something.

Over to all of you
  • Options

jamescafc said:

This happened by the NE quadrant. I told the steward she was talking nonsense and that I'd move on if directed to by a police officer. Needless to say a police officer didn't appear. I find it strange that a steward would chose to get involved if not specifically asked to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are stewards because they like being busy
  • Options

RD has to sell up and go, I cannot understand why there are people who don't see it.
    He is an asset stripper who will slowly destroy the club for his own gain.
    The soul of the club has gone. How many on here actually get that pre match buzz when walking to the ground ?
    I feel total apathy towards the club at the moment and I've realised the main reason. We are not competitive. We can't compete for the best manager available because they're all Network appointments. Nor the best players - Network/ youth / unproven in the Championship.
    The merry go round of unknown summer transfers, a half decent start under a new manager, mid season collapse and, hopefully, a few January signings to keep us up just continues.

the above post sums it up perfectly,I go now out of habit, even we were really bad I always enjoyed going to the matches. Now I feel that my support is both undervalued and unwanted, this has even got through to the staff working on match days. They are rude and disinterested just like the owner and the CEO. I am still a paying customer and have a choice, I have paid up for this season but that does not mean they have me for next season.
    It is a matter of respect for your paying customers most of whom are also loyal supporters, they have none so should sell up. If it means a period in lower league football then so be it, it has happened before . I would rather have real football people running the club
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I hope the 'If you don't like it, buy the club' mob have never criticised anyone for anything that they couldn't do better themselves.
    Thought Mak was poor today? You play up front then, if you're so good.
    Thought Sar looked clueless? You play at centre back then, if it's so easy.

Totally mindless attitude.

Couldn't agree more. The stance of those who purvey such views is odd to say the least.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

For the sake of chirpsing up your man above is bang on right. The footpaths are public footpaths. Meathead stewards and bouncers the world over would love you to believe otherwise but anywhere generally you can normally pass unopposed or that has tarmac and a telegraph pole on is a public footpath
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

We drop out of this league,maybe the next one and start again. Portsmouth are going through the very same. They've managed to weed the parasites and vermin out of their club and have started again. With all supporters on side and as one.
    Harsh I know,but its the only way.
    Roland will NOT change tact.
    There is NO prince money bags waiting in the wings.
  • Options
    But until Potsmouth are sold to a money bags owner will be a league 2 side at best.
    Also Charlton would have to go into recievership so that the £50 million debits can be written off, that seems a precarious route.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

But until Potsmouth are sold to a money bags owner will be a league 2 side at best.
    Also Charlton would have to go into recievership so that the £50 million debits can be written off, that seems a precarious route.

Think I'd rather be in Portsmouth position that ours.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

msomerton said:

Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley FAC 2 on Saturday.

Nope I'd rather be us.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

msomerton said:

Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley FAC 2 on Saturday.

Nope I'd rather be us.
    They are posting better crowds than us though...