Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Air Strikes On Syria

Comments

• Options

Re. The terrorist sympathisers comment; I ain't one of DC's biggest fans, but I personally like the fact that a politician hasn't apologised for saying something he really thinks, instead of pathetically backtracking with a wishy washy apology and not meaning a word of it (I think they call it lip service).

Also, if you look at the two top blokes running the shadow cabinet, with a proven track record of rubbing shoulders and sympathising with known terrorists and their organisations (Corbyn and McDonnell with Hamas and the IRA), you can start to see where the comment was aimed at

He didn't exactly take responsibility for it though did he? If it's what he thinks he shouldn't apologise, but he should take responsibility for it rather than repeating a written line over and over.

That said it is more of a travesty that one person wasted their time asking for an apology during the debate. Let alone 12! Typical grandstanding from attention seekers like salmond and flint. If they were against it, why waste time demanding an apology and make their case.
  • Options

Bomb them

Like we did in Iraq to those loyal to Hussein?
    Many of which went onto form the Islamic state.
  • Options
    Don't see much to disagree with except the red, I'd bomb the bstds Kenny style
  • Options
    Bombs don't end wars. What about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    Thought Hilary Benn spoke extremely well.
    Stone faced Corbyn looks more like Catweasel everytime I see him.
    Livingstone and Abbot must be totally gutted.
  • Options

Bomb them

Many of which went onto form the Islamic stat
    e.
    Did they?
  • Options

Bomb them

Many of which went onto form the Islamic stat
    e.
    Did they?
    They joined AQAP which split later wth one faction later becoming ISIL.

We didn't bomb the Iraqi army though, we sacked them. There and then but let them keep their weapons!
  • Options

Re. The terrorist sympathisers comment; I ain't one of DC's biggest fans, but I personally like the fact that a politician hasn't apologised for saying something he really thinks, instead of pathetically backtracking with a wishy washy apology and not meaning a word of it (I think they call it lip service).

Also, if you look at the two top blokes running the shadow cabinet, with a proven track record of rubbing shoulders and sympathising with known terrorists and their organisations (Corbyn and McDonnell with Hamas and the IRA), you can start to see where the comment was aimed at

He didn't exactly take responsibility for it though did he? If it's what he thinks he shouldn't apologise, but he should take responsibility for it rather than repeating a written line over and over.

That said it is more of a travesty that one person wasted their time asking for an apology during the debate. Let alone 12! Typical grandstanding from attention seekers like salmond and flint. If they were against it, why waste time demanding an apology and make their case.
    Maybe he thought debating the bombing of Syria was more important than a load of offended liberals demanding a very incensere apology
  • Options

New images from Syria, seems we fixed everything with our special bombs
  • Options
    David Cameron is equally a terrorist sypmathiser by backing what he calls the Free Syria Army.
    One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salad said:

David Cameron is equally a terrorist sypmathiser by backing what he calls the Free Syria Army.

The FSA and Daesh are the same? You sure?
  • Options
    Oh god, I was waiting for that little bobby dazler to be quoted
  • Options
    A question; If you was about to stand up in the House of Commons to demand an apology from the PM and 5 or 6 others had already done it before you, wouldn't you just call it a day and think that the others had stole your thunder a bit? coz I would
  • Options

A question; If you was about to stand up in the House of Commons to demand an apology from the PM and 5 or 6 others had already done it before you, wouldn't you just call it a day and think that the others had stole your thunder a bit? coz I would

How much time did each speaker devote to their request for an apology? Was it a couple of seconds or several minutes?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

New images from Syria, seems we fixed everything with our special bombs

And that's the place in which a lot of misguided folk think we already live
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Salad said:

The FSA and Daesh are the same? You sure?
    of course not, not to me, but to the Russians for example, just making the point about blurred lines. That said, his pointless figure of 70,000 FSA ground troops includes al-Qaeda forces currently opposed to Daesh, so he sympathises with them now it seems.
  • Options
    just what the Syrian civilians of whatever creed need .. more fecking ordnance dropped upon them
  • Options
    IA said:

How much time did each speaker devote to their request for an apology? Was it a couple of seconds or several minutes?
    I ain't watched it, seeing Salmond nearly go into cardiac arrest was enough for me
  • Options

IA said:

I ain't watched it, seeing Salmond nearly go into cardiac arrest was enough for me
    OK, I haven't seen it either and won't be searching it out. I thought you had seen it because you brought it up.

If it's a couple of seconds each, I don't see the problem with it. If they spent their whole speeches complaining about it, then I do see the problem.

I lived in Scotland for a few years while he was First Minister - he looks like that all the time.
  • Options
    I only saw a bit on the news last night so have just seen it all the way through.

An excellent 14 minutes. Corbett looks like he's sitting on something very uncomfortable throughout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Anna_Kissed can I ask what you mean by the military industrial complex in reference to the UK? I hear it used a lot and I'm not sure the literal meaning can be the same as its use here.
  • Options
    Bing top post
  • Options
    I have no problem with bombing IS as long as the attackers (UK, USA, Russia, France etc) have a plan as to what should be done when IS is beaten and there is a vacuum in Syria. If they can't agree a plan then there is no pint in bombing as it will end up in another civil war war as did Iraq and Libya.

Can't we learn from the mistakes of the past?
  • Options
    That bit is what I thought was meant by it. If anyone thinks that MBDA are capable of lobbying government to go to war to sell missiles they are sadly mistaken. The defence lobby in this country is good at sipping drinks abroad at ambassadors houses, they are not in and out of Downing Street, nor do they have the ear of the top military commanders. the US, perhaps, but not here or in Europe. Sorry chaps.
  • Options
    And please don't use al yamamah or al salam as illustrations, it's not the same
  • Options

I have no problem with bombing IS as long as the attackers (UK, USA, Russia, France etc) have a plan as to what should be done when IS is beaten and there is a vacuum in Syria. If they can't agree a plan then there is no pint in bombing as it will end up in another civil war war as did Iraq and Libya.

Can't we learn from the mistakes of the past?

This is key, totally agree but fear we (collectively) don't. And that is shameful.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Military industrial complex example: each Brimstone missile costs £100,000 and someone is growing very wealthy through their increased demand and manufacture

So we never go to war for any reason because someone is gonna make some money out if it? I mean, we could wheel that argument out for virtually any cause can't we. I'm never going to the doctors because some shareholders from a multinational pharmaceutical company is gonna make a few quid off it