Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This bloody wind

Comments

• Options
    Think the wind played havoc with our defence today, they looked like they were running backwards in treacle at times.
  • Options
    It wasn't very windy at all during the game today? 
  • Options
    Well they definitely seemed to be running backwards in treacle!
  • Options
    A young BR7 cheering on Akpo Sodje.

I know what you mean but “nothing” can come close to Yeovil.
    Many stories have been told on here about that acropolyctic day. 🌂🌧☔️
    Acropolyctic? What's that? Lol
    Is Yeovil's ground in an a fortified part of an ancient Greek city?
    apocalyptic…..oooops! 
  • Options
    We were without power for over 48 hours, just got it restored, luckily no one hurt & no structural damage unlike others up & down the country.
  • Options
    Franklyn is doing its worst now!

I suppose I should be grateful, power cut yesterday meant I missed the game.

Bored of these storms 🙄
  • Options
    Surf is up in deepest darkest Lincolnshire 
  • Options
    Blowing hard again here in Kent, thought we had seen the back of it. Glad I never put the garden furniture back out.
  • Options
    extremely windy again in East Sussex. Had power cut Friday for about four hours, sewerage leaking in the garden due to a blockage from Friday evening until 10am today and now no mains water since 8pm last night. Musn't grumble though, didn't have to watch that shower of shit yesterday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    extremely windy again in East Sussex. Had power cut Friday for about four hours, sewerage leaking in the garden due to a blockage from Friday evening until 10am today and now no mains water since 8pm last night. Musn't grumble though, didn't have to watch that shower of shit yesterday. 
    Sounds like you can watch your own shit in the garden  :)

In all seriousness I hope things improve on the home front 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It wasn't very windy at all during the game today? 
    Interesting.  Seems the players all were.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    South Eastern are strongly advising not to travel tomorrow, reduced service and speed restrictions are in place up to 4pm tomorrow 
  • Options
    Eunice pushed water out of the Thames last week, well that and the current storm means

• Options
    Extremely blowy still here in Wadhurst with intermittent rain to boot and seemingly no let up anytime soon.

3 side fence panels blew down on Friday so we now have a larger than normal back garden. 

Power here was cut from around 11am on Friday & not back until 9am on Saturday. Fortunately we have a gas hob & plenty of candles plus a wind up dynamo lantern I purchased years ago just in case....

Family living apprx 6 miles from here have yet to be re connected since the power cut on Friday morning so 5 showers were enjoyed  here earlier today. 

No sign of trains going through the station opposite our house for the past 2 days with multiple trees blocking the line between Hastings & London. 

And the local Co-op had been plundered by the time Mr F drove there for the Sunday papers. Whatever next ? 

Roll on summer.
  • Options
    Here comes the hail. Wind picking up a lot too.
  • Options
    For us. This is far worse than Friday. Looks like the river Taff could burst its banks any minute. What a week we have all had. 
  • Options
    We were without power for over 48 hours, just got it restored, luckily no one hurt & no structural damage unlike others up & down the country.
    Back off again……..the joys of rural living in Tropical Daarrzzet, Franklin now causing havoc 😢😢
  • Options
    Been out on the fire engine most of the weekend from Friday.  The Weald of Kent seems to be missing a hell of a lot of trees today.  Great to see people out helping the clear up in anyway they can, shame lots of idiots have been out on the roads making unnecessary trips and at speeds that didn't reflect the conditions.
  • Options
    Got to say, since about 3pm the gales here in Somerset seem worse than those of Friday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had really bad storm here in Swanley earlier this evening. For an hour around 7pm-8pm we had very high winds & torrential rain. Much worse than Friday but was short lived & things calmed down before midnight. 
  • Options
    For us. This is far worse than Friday. Looks like the river Taff could burst its banks any minute. What a week we have all had. 

Same with us - Friday was pretty windy in Stoke but fairly quiet where we live (20 miles west of Stoke). Last night and this morning - a different matter.
  • Options
    What barriers are in place @ Dartford?
  • Options
    Been expecting this lot to disappear to the next county, so far so good with the help of a few bricks and a tube of no more nails, perhaps I should offer the O2 some advice. 
  • Options
    Had to cancel my client appointment in Essex on Friday due to the storms & shutting the Bridge. re-arranged for this afternoon as there was no mention of an F'ing one (after D & E) today.

Might have to cancel again as the Bridge is once again shut & traffic having to go both ways through the Tunnel with queues of up to an hour.....

Argh !!!!
  • Options
    Been expecting this lot to disappear to the next county, so far so good with the help of a few bricks and a tube of no more nails, perhaps I should offer the O2 some advice. 
    Nice musa basjoos. Do you leave them in the pots all year, or plant them out again after the frosts? 
  • Options
    Had to cancel my client appointment in Essex on Friday due to the storms & shutting the Bridge. re-arranged for this afternoon as there was no mention of an F'ing one (after D & E) today.

Might have to cancel again as the Bridge is once again shut & traffic having to go both ways through the Tunnel with queues of up to an hour.....

Argh !!!!
    Have a look at AA Roadwatch - the whole area around Dartford is fooked - I can’t even get out of my road at the moment by car