Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This bloody wind

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    Had brunch in Coast in Sidcup high street today. The electric sign was ripped off the wall by the wind hit the window, thankfully not breaking it and skidded down the road. Clean snapped the cable. The high street was like a wind tunnel. Got back to my car to this view. 

My car is the one on the left. 
    Lucky lass!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My girlfriend has just gotten a train to Gatwick and is now idly waiting to board a plane. Convinced she's in a parallel universe
    Maybe not a parallel universe after all. She is still idly waiting
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    gotten???
  • Options
    WSS said:
    League One players at The Valley in the 60th Minute after going 0-1 up.
  • Options
    There was a storm special on Channel 4 tonight and they didn't even mention the ridge tile that came off my house.  I don't believe it!
  • Options
    I'm in an industry that sees me rub my hands together a bit with weather like this. Unfortunately I can't claim call out for going round family members Houses doing fence repairs in the rain, or to neighbours houses to fix their fence. 

Following a particularly spectacular gust of wind earlier an item of garden furniture played skittles with EVERYTHING on my decking too so tomorrow, rather than lining my greedy pockets working for my employers I'm fixing disproportionately expensive plant pots, more fences and doing some tree surgery, all will be greeted with a low growl as I resentful think of how much I could be earning to pay someone to come and do all this shit for me 
  • Options
    Scaffolding ripped off  house, around the corner from me...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    My girlfriend has just gotten a train to Gatwick and is now idly waiting to board a plane. Convinced she's in a parallel universe
    Maybe not a parallel universe after all. She is still idly waiting
    Gripped as I'm sure you all are - things have taken a turn for the farcical - finally given a gate number and a departure time (21:15) for a flight meant to leave at 5pm, only for it to be announced as 'cancelled' with no further information just now. Never fucking fly Easyjet
  • Options
    Fence props holding firm lol. 
    40mph winds expected Sunday and Monday, so the props will remain in situ.
  • Options
    Girlfriend flew out of Manchester to Portugal today. She described the takeoff as 'horrendous' - fuck knows what the landing would have been like if she'd been coming home instead :open_mouth:
    I'll let her know what it's like @Leroy Ambrose I'm flying in to Manchester tomorrow from Portugal. Really not looking forward to the landing 
    Shit. I'd be seriously surprised if its not cancelled, tbh
    @Leroy Ambrose That approach has to be the scariest 20 minutes of my life and once we neared the ground I couldn’t see past instant death. I honestly don’t know how the pilot landed that plane and I was still shaking at passport control 
    Glad you made it back in one piece. Spoke to my Mum and Dad earlier, and they said they'd spotted a lorry on its side on their way back from shopping this lunchtime (Lee/Kidbrooke area I think).
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Across the road from me. Thankfully no one hurt.
  • Options
    Wow, that’s a fair size wall to come down 
  • Options
    Had brunch in Coast in Sidcup high street today. The electric sign was ripped off the wall by the wind hit the window, thankfully not breaking it and skidded down the road. Clean snapped the cable. The high street was like a wind tunnel. Got back to my car to this view. 

My car is the one on the left. 
    The Rec car park is a dangerous place
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:
    Popped down pub tonight just in case the worst happens!!! Lol, live just outside Torrington N Devon so expecting it to be a tad stormy in morning.
    @Red7Oak are you exiled to the leper colony by any chance Red? 😊
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope everyone over there is OK. Only the tail end of it made it this far across Europe. Glad I didn't choose this weekend to fly over though.

As usual I found it fascinating to read what the professional pilots had to say about it. Quite a lot, actually. Some pretty serious diversions took place when planes couldn't land after two attempts. The Wizz Air one was the most ridiculous...that's the thing I hadn't previously thought of; if you are a passenger in such weather, these guys will get you down safely if a bit shaken up. But where they get you down may actually be further from your UK destination than where you took off from 😡
  • Options
    Hope everyone over there is OK. Only the tail end of it made it this far across Europe. Glad I didn't choose this weekend to fly over though.

As usual I found it fascinating to read what the professional pilots had to say about it. Quite a lot, actually. Some pretty serious diversions took place when planes couldn't land after two attempts. The Wizz Air one was the most ridiculous...that's the thing I hadn't previously thought of; if you are a passenger in such weather, these guys will get you down safely if a bit shaken up. But where they get you down may actually be further from your UK destination than where you took off from 😡
    I was on a flight from Newcastle to London many years ago.  The weather was bad so we were diverted to Cardiff.

We hung around at Cardiff airport for several hours ... after which we were able to fly back to Newcastle.

Now that's a full working day, Lad.
  • Options
    No electricity til tomorrow evening at the earliest. Joy
  • Options

Across the road from me. Thankfully no one hurt.
    It almost looks like every one of those bricks has separated cleanly…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Back of the 02 today
  • Options
    A young BR7 cheering on Akpo Sodje.

I know what you mean but “nothing” can come close to Yeovil.
    Many stories have been told on here about that acropolyctic day. 🌂🌧☔️
    Acropolyctic? What's that? Lol
    Is Yeovil's ground in an a fortified part of an ancient Greek city?