Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This bloody wind

Comments

• edited February 2022

The wife’s car, think it will polish out.
    She reversed into the tree didnt she?
    Thankfully when I used it yesterday, I parked it on the drive, she went out and then when she returned parked in the road.  I bought it a few years ago as a birthday present.
  • edited February 2022

The wife’s car, think it will polish out.
    She reversed into the tree didnt she?
    Thankfully when I used it yesterday, I parked it on the drive, she went out and then when she returned parked in the road.  I bought it a few years ago as a birthday present.
    Thats a shame to hear then, I'm surprised the tree has rolled off it
  • edited February 2022
    I see Man City's plane had to abort its landing and divert to Liverpool. Looked like the plane was practically hovering above the ground, would of shit myself.
  • edited February 2022
    I see Man City's plane had to abort its landing and divert to Liverpool. Looked like the plane was practically hovering above the ground, would of shit myself.

https://youtu.be/_ZPAepg8qck
  • The red warning is really just for the west coast of Devon & Cornwall as well as bit of the Bristol channel. Rest of the South of England it's a yellow warning. 

I'm off to see a client tomorrow in Essex. I should be ok but thinking the Dartford Bridge might be shut so will be delays getting back into Kent if I have to use the Tunnel instead.
  • I'm having the roof re-tiled and there are no tiles on at the moment, smashing.
    Well at least they can't blow off I suppose.
    The advice is to stay at home, but I need to collect the wife from hospital and then I'm seeing The Kooks.
  • QE2 Bridge is closed from 5am 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm having the roof re-tiled and there are no tiles on at the moment, smashing.
    The advice is to stay at home, but I need to collect the wife from hospital and then I'm seeing The Kooks.
    As Golfie says the Red Warning and advice to stay at home and not travel is for the West Country and Wales, for the rest of us the warning is Yellow. 

Storm Eunice: Rare red weather warning issued for parts of the UK - BBC News
  • Rothko said:
    QE2 Bridge is closed from 5am 
    Can I rephrase that, Dartford and surrounding areas will be shut from 5.01 am. 

Thanks for the info made me cancelled my trip to my office in Harlow.
  • edited February 2022
    I'm having the roof re-tiled and there are no tiles on at the moment, smashing.
    Never realised the kooks were still going. Saw them at t.wells forum 2005/6 just before their debut hit the charts.
  • edited February 2022
    Girlfriend flew out of Manchester to Portugal today. She described the takeoff as 'horrendous' - fuck knows what the landing would have been like if she'd been coming home instead :open_mouth:
  • Been quite bad here today.

But I did have a roast with lots of vegetables for dinner last night.
  • The warning for most of England is an amber warning, not yellow, so significantly more dangerous than yellow. 
  • The warning for most of England is an amber warning, not yellow, so significantly more dangerous than yellow. 
    I meant Amber, I was quoting Golfie. 
  • Flying back into Stansted this evening from Vienna, really not looking forward to this flight. 
  • My parents are landing at Gatwick at about 3pm tomorrow. Could be an unpleasant landing! 
  • I see Man City's plane had to abort its landing and divert to Liverpool. Looked like the plane was practically hovering above the ground, would of shit myself.

https://youtu.be/_ZPAepg8qck
    Bloody hell, I needed a sick-bag just watching that.......
  • Sponsored links:

• The red warning is really just for the west coast of Devon & Cornwall as well as bit of the Bristol channel. Rest of the South of England it's a yellow warning. 

I'm off to see a client tomorrow in Essex. I should be ok but thinking the Dartford Bridge might be shut so will be delays getting back into Kent if I have to use the Tunnel instead.
    It is a red warning for us here on the beautiful Costa del Cardiff as well.
  • edited February 2022
    Pilots generally like a bit of wind, after all air flowing over the wings is what keeps them in the air. Fog on the other hand, especially at night can be a bit bum clenching. 

Boeing 737 Foggy Cockpit Landing in London Stansted - YouTube
  • I see Man City's plane had to abort its landing and divert to Liverpool. Looked like the plane was practically hovering above the ground, would of shit myself.
    Shame is couldn't have been diverted all the way back to Portugal until Sunday...
    Come on Spurs, go licking door handles to try and catch Covid just in time for the weekend...
    I've told my wife she'll have to go in the loft and hold the roof down.
  • There could also be warning of high winds around 5pm on Saturday as another storm rushes along the south coast. This is what causing the problem for 5pm Saturday, but it’s to early yet to say definitely will be a problem or not.
  • clb74 said:
    I'm having the roof re-tiled and there are no tiles on at the moment, smashing.
    I've told my wife she'll have to go in the loft and hold the roof down.
    Fook!

The Mrs went missing in 1987...