Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This bloody wind

Comments

• Crazy to think how common landings are like that around the world, still blows my mind how something that heavy can be so skilfully and safely manoeuvred.
    Remember when O'Leary of Ryanair said "Pilots are jumped up Taxi Drivers" which they are.....
    UNTIL THINGS GO WRONG!!!
  • I’ve got a work related trip to Newlyn in Cornwall tomorrow…..going to be interesting. . 
  • I’ve got a work related trip to Newlyn in Cornwall tomorrow…..going to be interesting. . 
    You may want to accidentally sleep through your alarm BHB!

• edited February 2022
    Southeastern have already cancelled 3/4 of the trains from my station at 7am (the weather warning is from 10am), wouldn't be like them to miss an opportunity to cancel trains!
  • Just got this:

This is UK Power Networks. We are contacting you as a Priority Service Customer. Strong winds and heavy rain from Storm Eunice are forecasted on Friday; we are preparing for the weather impact on the electricity network, additional teams are ready. If we know you are affected by an unplanned power cut, we will attempt to contact you. If your power does go off, please call us on 08003163105 or go to our live power cut map at www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk

Hope it doesn’t get too bad.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I see Man City's plane had to abort its landing and divert to Liverpool. Looked like the plane was practically hovering above the ground, would of shit myself.
    Shame is couldn't have been diverted all the way back to Portugal until Sunday...
    Come on Spurs, go licking door handles to try and catch Covid just in time for the weekend...
    Why?
    or am I not allowed to use the why word?
    So it' going to be a bit windy? 

We're well used to it down here - power lines down, trees across the road, huge waves crashing over the roofs of harbourside buildings. 
    That'll be the main railway line washed away at Dawlish then, and no trains going upcountry for the next 3 months. :neutral:

• Fully expecting to hear on the news that some knob has gone missing after deciding to go surfing tomorrow 
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Man City's plane had to abort its landing and divert to Liverpool. Looked like the plane was practically hovering above the ground, would of shit myself.

https://youtu.be/_ZPAepg8qck
    Fuck that for a game of soldiers!!!
  • Rothko said:
    QE2 Bridge is closed from 5am 
    Can I rephrase that, Dartford and surrounding areas will be shut from 5.01 am. 

Thanks for the info made me cancelled my trip to my office in Harlow.
    I'm not leaving until 1pm so the storm is due to have eased by then. I'll listen to news reports & play it by ear.
  • edited February 2022
    Really bad time to live in a flat directly across the road from the channel... First wind break off the sea will be my very old windows.  
  • Rothko said:
    QE2 Bridge is closed from 5am 
    Can I rephrase that, Dartford and surrounding areas will be shut from 5.01 am. 

Thanks for the info made me cancelled my trip to my office in Harlow.
    I'm not leaving until 1pm so the storm is due to have eased by then. I'll listen to news reports & play it by ear.
    Err, it'll be 71mph at 1pm, pretty much the height of the storm, which eases a touch by 3pm.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/br1
  • Popped down pub tonight just in case the worst happens!!! Lol, live just outside Torrington N Devon so expecting it to be a tad stormy in morning.
  • Girlfriend flew out of Manchester to Portugal today. She described the takeoff as 'horrendous' - fuck knows what the landing would have been like if she'd been coming home instead :open_mouth:
    I'll let her know what it's like @Leroy Ambrose I'm flying in to Manchester tomorrow from Portugal. Really not looking forward to the landing 
  • Im on the frontline in north Cornwall. A bit of a breeze so far, expecting to wake up to carnage and no power though 😅
  • Girlfriend flew out of Manchester to Portugal today. She described the takeoff as 'horrendous' - fuck knows what the landing would have been like if she'd been coming home instead :open_mouth:
    I'll let her know what it's like @Leroy Ambrose I'm flying in to Manchester tomorrow from Portugal. Really not looking forward to the landing 
    Shit. I'd be seriously surprised if its not cancelled, tbh
  • New red warning for London, south-east and east of England

We have a bit of breaking news for you.

The Met Officehas just issued a new red weather warning for London and the east of England.

This means that flying debris resulting "in danger to life" are expected, as well as power cuts, road closures and damage to homes.

It comes into force at 10:00 GMT and will last until 15:00.#

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-60421388

• Sponsored links:

• Bloody typical, the first time I get away on holiday to Cornwall in 6 years and this happens. Luckily Mr Tatters is back home looking after the chooks. I set off on Wednesday and have been in Glastonbury for a couple of days. Looks like it's best to stay a couple more.
  • Been working in Cheltenham all week. Great Western Rail have just cancelled all trains to London today/tonight. Looking doubtful I’ll make it to the game tomorrow. 
  • Been working in Cheltenham all week. Great Western Rail have just cancelled all trains to London today/tonight. Looking doubtful I’ll make it to the game tomorrow. 
    Can you get a coach?
  • There was a time when a bit of bad weather gave the City the perfect excuse to collectively not go to the office and have an extra day off. Now, a bit of bad weather and I’ve decided to not go to the office but still have to work. Bloody progress, wasn’t like that in 1987, it was much more civilised then, we were straight down the pub as soon as they opened and after phoning in and telling one of the few numpties that had gone to the office but couldn’t actually do much work because the City had basically shut down that the train lines were blocked and we couldn’t go anywhere.
    I think we should all now rename Oct 87 as Storm Michael.....as it clearly wasn't a hurricane 🙂
  • Anti-Vax mob defo putting up tents and sweeping leaves out their driveways.
  • There was a time when a bit of bad weather gave the City the perfect excuse to collectively not go to the office and have an extra day off. Now, a bit of bad weather and I’ve decided to not go to the office but still have to work. Bloody progress, wasn’t like that in 1987, it was much more civilised then, we were straight down the pub as soon as they opened and after phoning in and telling one of the few numpties that had gone to the office but couldn’t actually do much work because the City had basically shut down that the train lines were blocked and we couldn’t go anywhere.
    I think we should all now rename Oct 87 as Storm Michael.....as it clearly wasn't a hurricane 🙂
    Feeeessshhhh…