Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel's Waistcoat

Comments

• Fraeye is proving moderately successful (compared to recent incumbents)

Your point lost all credibility when you mentioned this pearl.

Look Lincs, if you want to Carry on wearing waistcoats to games then you carry on doing so. I can understand why past comments made you a little uncomfortable, but it really is nothing personal amongst the waistcoat wearers among us.....but please don't try and tell us Carol is doing a good job.
  • Credibility ? .. read the results: Can you not comprehend the word 'moderate' .. Are you saying that Luzon was 'more successful' than Fraeye ? .. don't make me laugh .. under Luzon, we beat Hull on 22/8 .. after that, until he was sacked at the end of October, Luzon's record was: LDLLLDLLL ... If 'we' assume that Fraeye took over on 31/10 at Middlesbrough, though I think he was appointed after that game, his record to date is: LLWWLLD ... NOT especially inspiring BUT this includes away losses at two of the top three clubs & wins against improvers in Brum and Owls .. and as to ME wearing waistcoats ? .. only to weddings and funerals .. AND I WILL TRY to tell you that Fraeye is (so far) doing a decent job .. anyway, I presume you're a member of the 'we're doomed society' .. good luck with that .. keep smiling
  • Fraeye is proving moderately successful (compared to recent incumbents) as the manager of CAFC much to the consternation of 'regime haters', those who despise the owner who appointed him .. SOOOO .. let's find something negative, something irrelevant, something ostensibly humorous, something 'different' to take the piss about .. I know ... Fraeye's waistcoat .. f f s .. never mind the football, let's all watch 'the dugout' for some outlandish fashion indicators, something tenuous, something else to help throw negative vibes at the people who own and run the club .. anything other than seeing positives

"Moderately successful"??? Won 2, drawn 1, lost 4. Seven games and seven points. How is that in any way successful? It's relegation form!
  • edited December 2015
    Pedro45 said:

Fraeye is proving moderately successful (compared to recent incumbents) as the manager of CAFC much to the consternation of 'regime haters', those who despise the owner who appointed him .. SOOOO .. let's find something negative, something irrelevant, something ostensibly humorous, something 'different' to take the piss about .. I know ... Fraeye's waistcoat .. f f s .. never mind the football, let's all watch 'the dugout' for some outlandish fashion indicators, something tenuous, something else to help throw negative vibes at the people who own and run the club .. anything other than seeing positives

"Moderately successful"??? Won 2, drawn 1, lost 4. Seven games and seven points. How is that in any way successful? It's relegation form!
    exactly and all previous managers have a better points return per game i'm sure over their tenure
  • Pedro45 said:

Fraeye is proving moderately successful (compared to recent incumbents) as the manager of CAFC much to the consternation of 'regime haters', those who despise the owner who appointed him .. SOOOO .. let's find something negative, something irrelevant, something ostensibly humorous, something 'different' to take the piss about .. I know ... Fraeye's waistcoat .. f f s .. never mind the football, let's all watch 'the dugout' for some outlandish fashion indicators, something tenuous, something else to help throw negative vibes at the people who own and run the club .. anything other than seeing positives

as the PM is fond of saying during PMQs .. I refer you to the answer I gave above .. and a point a game over a season is 46 points, better that relegation form .. go on .. count 'em yourself
  • over the last 20 seasons in the second tier of English football a point per game ratio would have guaranteed to keep you up 6 out of those 20 seasons
  • over the last 20 seasons in the second tier of English football a point per game ratio would have guaranteed to keep you up 6 out of those 20 seasons

we're not talking 'guarantees' .. I'm sure that 46 points has more often than not, been enough to avoid relegation .. report back with the actuality .. I am busting to find out

we're not talking 'guarantees' .. I'm sure that 46 points has more often than not, been enough to avoid relegation .. report back with the actuality .. I am busting to find out
    out of the last twenty seasons in Championship football 10 times relegation would have been guaranteed with 46 points, 4 times you would have been level and it would come down to goal difference and 6 times you would have survived that is the actuality of what happened
  • Sponsored links:

• IAIA
    edited December 2015

over the last 20 seasons in the second tier of English football a point per game ratio would have guaranteed to keep you up 6 out of those 20 seasons

I've gone back as far as the 1995/96 season. The following clubs have all been relegated from the second tier on 46 points or more.

Barnsley
    Bury
    Crewe Alexandra
    Gillingham
    Grimsby Town
    Huddersfield Town
    Leicester City
    Luton Town
    Manchester City
    Millwall
    Norwich City
    Peterborough United
    Scunthorpe United
    Sheffield Wednesday x 2
    Stoke City
    Walsall x 2
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

Seeing as the club are telling us that their definition of success is to be a 'competitive championship club with premier league ambitions' then a point per game cannot be considered even moderately successful as it will mean that we are struggling to compete, we have Premier League pipe dreams and in all likelihood are about to become a competitive League One club (with Championship ambitions).
  • since 3 points for a win came in the highest placed relegation team in the second tier of english football has more often than not had a better than point per game ratio
  • 19 teams relegated on 46 points or more in the past 20 seasons
  • Credibility ? .. read the results: Can you not comprehend the word 'moderate' .. Are you saying that Luzon was 'more successful' than Fraeye ? .. don't make me laugh .. under Luzon, we beat Hull on 22/8 .. after that, until he was sacked at the end of October, Luzon's record was: LDLLLDLLL ... If 'we' assume that Fraeye took over on 31/10 at Middlesbrough, though I think he was appointed after that game, his record to date is: LLWWLLD ... NOT especially inspiring BUT this includes away losses at two of the top three clubs & wins against improvers in Brum and Owls .. and as to ME wearing waistcoats ? .. only to weddings and funerals .. AND I WILL TRY to tell you that Fraeye is (so far) doing a decent job .. anyway, I presume you're a member of the 'we're doomed society' .. good luck with that .. keep smiling

If you select the period you want then you can get the stats to agree with you, eg. KF has got 1 point from the last 3 games - meaning 0.33 points per game.

How about looking at Luzon over his whole tenure?

Neither were good managers really. But KF is certainly not better. We need a proper manager
  • edited December 2015
    Relegated teams (from Championship to League One)[edit]

Season

Clubs

2004–05 Gillingham (50), Nottingham Forest (44), Rotherham United (29)
    2005–06 Crewe Alexandra (42), Millwall (40), Brighton & Hove Albion (38)
    2006–07 Southend United (42), Luton Town (40), Leeds United (36)
    2007–08 Leicester City (52), Scunthorpe United (46), Colchester United (38)
    2008–09 Norwich City (46), Southampton (45), Charlton Athletic (39)
    2009–10 Sheffield Wednesday (47), Plymouth Argyle (41), Peterborough United (34)
    2010–11 Preston North End (42), Sheffield United (42), Scunthorpe United (42)
    2011–12 Portsmouth (40), Coventry City (40), Doncaster Rovers (36)
    2012–13 Peterborough United (54), Wolverhampton Wanderers (51), Bristol City (41)
    2013–14 Doncaster Rovers (44), Barnsley (39), Yeovil Town (37)
    2014–15 Millwall (41), Wigan Athletic (39), Blackpool (26)

This is the actuality over that past 10 seasons .. I am quite surprised that 46 points has not been enough in so many cases .. 33 cases .. 5 from 33 were relegated with more than 46 points .. 2 relegated with 46 .. 7 from 33 .. so the odds of being relegated with 46 points, that is a point per game are 33/7, about 4.5/1 or a 25%ish chance

BUT back to Fraeye, he has inherited less than a point a game .. he'll be judged on whether (waistcoat or not) he keeps us up .. I maintain, he's so far doing a decent job .. ask me again on December 29th after 3 hard games, including two away
  • Looks like Karels been given the job of manager of Crossbars on a full time basis this week, and gone out and bought himself a flashie new suit with his pay rise, given the fact he was wearing a waistcoat in the dugout, I thought I'd gone to a wedding for a moment.....

• edited December 2015
    IA said:

over the last 20 seasons in the second tier of English football a point per game ratio would have guaranteed to keep you up 6 out of those 20 seasons

I've gone back as far as the 1995/96 season. The following clubs have all been relegated from the second tier on 46 points or more.

Barnsley
    Bury
    Crewe Alexandra
    Gillingham
    Grimsby Town
    Huddersfield Town
    Leicester City
    Luton Town
    Manchester City
    Millwall
    Norwich City
    Peterborough United
    Scunthorpe United
    Sheffield Wednesday x 2
    Stoke City
    Walsall x 2
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    so over 20 years that's 19 occasions .. 19 from 60 (or is it 57 ?) ... is roughly 30% .. a slightly worse/better, depending on your point of view, chance of relegation than my example of over 10 years .. so it's more accurate to say that a point a game is 'possible' relegation form .. I repeat that Fraeye inherited less than a point a game .. we will see ..
    .. anyway enough HUMOUR .. back to the important issue ... Carol's waistcoat .....
  • IA said:

Barnsley
    Bury
    Crewe Alexandra
    Gillingham
    Grimsby Town
    Huddersfield Town
    Leicester City
    Luton Town
    Manchester City
    Millwall
    Norwich City
    Peterborough United
    Scunthorpe United
    Sheffield Wednesday x 2
    Stoke City
    Walsall x 2
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    so over 20 years that's 19 occasions .. 19 from 60 (or is it 57 ?) ... is roughly 30% .. a slightly worse/better, depending on your point of view, chance of relegation than my example of over 10 years .. so it's more accurate to say that a point a game is 'possible' relegation form .. I repeat that Fraeye inherited less than a point a game .. we will see ..
    .. anyway enough HUMOUR .. back to the important issue ... Carol's waistcoat .....
    Add a second Barnsley to my list - they would have been relegated if Portsmouth didn't have a points deduction. 20 over the last 20 seasons.
  • I think as many people as possible should wear a waistcoat on Tuesday, to show our support of our natily dressed head coach:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

I think as many people as possible should wear a waistcoat on Tuesday, to show our support of our natily dressed head coach:-)

Only if I can wear it with my favourite network bow tie.

• ca plane pour moi
  • IAIA
    edited December 2015
    IA said:

Barnsley x2
    Bury
    Crewe Alexandra
    Gillingham
    Grimsby Town
    Huddersfield Town
    Leicester City
    Luton Town
    Manchester City
    Millwall
    Norwich City
    Peterborough United
    Scunthorpe United
    Sheffield Wednesday x 2
    Stoke City
    Walsall x 2
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Over the same period, here is the full list of all clubs that have stayed up despite having 46 points or fewer

Birmingham City
    Blackpool
    Rotherham United*

* finished on 46 points after a 3 point deduction
  • So in summary, after 35 posts today, all we have established is that Karel has been moderately successful only at wearing a waistcoat... and even that is debatable.
  • Lincs is a CL hero. Carol is way out of his depth with or without a waistcoat.
  • Is being a fashionista relevant. Nope but it he was winning every week it would be a moot point. Until then. A new proven manager at this level (in England) not necessarily English is what's needed. Come on Roland if we go down it may possibly hurt you more than us. In the wallet at least. We'll all be at £14 ticket games whilst you're nursing a financial fuck up. Our stock will end up, buy one take as many as you want free.
  • Lincs is a CL hero. Carol is way out of his depth with or without a waistcoat.

It appears you have misspelt f****** idiot,
  • Relegated teams (from Championship to League One)[edit]

Season

Clubs

2004–05 Gillingham (50), Nottingham Forest (44), Rotherham United (29)
    2005–06 Crewe Alexandra (42), Millwall (40), Brighton & Hove Albion (38)
    2006–07 Southend United (42), Luton Town (40), Leeds United (36)
    2007–08 Leicester City (52), Scunthorpe United (46), Colchester United (38)
    2008–09 Norwich City (46), Southampton (45), Charlton Athletic (39)
    2009–10 Sheffield Wednesday (47), Plymouth Argyle (41), Peterborough United (34)
    2010–11 Preston North End (42), Sheffield United (42), Scunthorpe United (42)
    2011–12 Portsmouth (40), Coventry City (40), Doncaster Rovers (36)
    2012–13 Peterborough United (54), Wolverhampton Wanderers (51), Bristol City (41)
    2013–14 Doncaster Rovers (44), Barnsley (39), Yeovil Town (37)
    2014–15 Millwall (41), Wigan Athletic (39), Blackpool (26)

This is the actuality over that past 10 seasons .. I am quite surprised that 46 points has not been enough in so many cases .. 33 cases .. 5 from 33 were relegated with more than 46 points .. 2 relegated with 46 .. 7 from 33 .. so the odds of being relegated with 46 points, that is a point per game are 33/7, about 4.5/1 or a 25%ish chance

BUT back to Fraeye, he has inherited less than a point a game .. he'll be judged on whether (waistcoat or not) he keeps us up .. I maintain, he's so far doing a decent job .. ask me again on December 29th after 3 hard games, including two away

Sorry Lincs, but this guy is not worthy of being our manager.

Although with his background he is doing very well, so far anyway.
  • Last waistcoat worn was in the play-off final.

"Draw in a waistcoat, we only draw in a waistcoat"
  • What were the points per game for the other managers first 7 games?