Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel's Waistcoat

13»

Comments

• This is what I've heard, not a wind up but what I have heard plus some personal speculation regarding managerial stuff since Roland bought the club.
    For a start Karel was observing and directly reporting to Roland right from the start. In that context Karel was also involved in some whole network monitoring reporting and presumably advising.
    Riga and Fraeye did not know each other hardly at all before Fraeye turned up to 'mastermind' our escape from relegation, that Riga called the shots during his time in charge, but there was tension because he would not want to defer to Fraeye during his spell, and this attitude influenced him not being retained. His management eventually at Liege was also destined to have an end point.
    Bob Peeters also had a problem with deference to Fraeye on any matter and this contributed hugely to souring his spell in charge, which left him exposed and eventually sacked.
    Luzon arrived under different circumstances, and being the 'devil you know' from Liege it was thought he could be influenced, Luzon was for the most part as bewildered as most of us about Roland, was actually popular and staff liked working with him, Luzon in his bewilderment continued to work within the experiment, and it is failings in the experimental model that led to poor results stacking up and his sacking.
    So we are now left with Fraeye, ironically described as interim when he has actually been an ever present force and influence under this regime. Fraeye represents the motte and bailey of Roland's footballing position, the last redoubt, the final circling of the wagons.
    We can only hope either opponents back off and give us an easy time, of there is a whacking great force of cavalry waiting to ride to our rescue.
  • So in a sense then Fraeye is our Director of Football and whoever has come in has wanted to call the shots in all aspects of the Footballing side (i.e. Tactics and Transfers)... None of them got the beauty of that situation because Roland wants Fraeye there as our DoF.

Now because he's fed up of his Nannies moaning that his Charlton Child need more toys to play with, he's just inserted his butler here.
  • seth plum said:

This is what I've heard, not a wind up but what I have heard plus some personal speculation regarding managerial stuff since Roland bought the club.
    For a start Karel was observing and directly reporting to Roland right from the start. In that context Karel was also involved in some whole network monitoring reporting and presumably advising.
    Riga and Fraeye did not know each other hardly at all before Fraeye turned up to 'mastermind' our escape from relegation, that Riga called the shots during his time in charge, but there was tension because he would not want to defer to Fraeye during his spell, and this attitude influenced him not being retained. His management eventually at Liege was also destined to have an end point.
    Bob Peeters also had a problem with deference to Fraeye on any matter and this contributed hugely to souring his spell in charge, which left him exposed and eventually sacked.
    Luzon arrived under different circumstances, and being the 'devil you know' from Liege it was thought he could be influenced, Luzon was for the most part as bewildered as most of us about Roland, was actually popular and staff liked working with him, Luzon in his bewilderment continued to work within the experiment, and it is failings in the experimental model that led to poor results stacking up and his sacking.
    So we are now left with Fraeye, ironically described as interim when he has actually been an ever present force and influence under this regime. Fraeye represents the motte and bailey of Roland's footballing position, the last redoubt, the final circling of the wagons.
    We can only hope either opponents back off and give us an easy time, of there is a whacking great force of cavalry waiting to ride to our rescue.

The issue with this is that if RD needs to "trust" his managers then what has Fraeye done to earn the trust that he's suitable for the full time position (he's as interim a manager as Mugabe is a Prime Minister) in the time since he was assisting Riga? Very little of note from what I can see. So that rules out the "he's got potential" case.

If he had the ability back then well why did we go through another two Alex Fergusons in Peeters and Luzons rather than just appointing him at the end of Riga's tenure?

My educated guess is that is because when it comes to football and running a professional football club Duchatalet and Meire have not got the first clue. Their managerial appointments have all been shocking by their own admission by virtue of sacking them after no real time despite the tosh they turn out about each appointment being an improvement on the previous.

This shows a complete lack of judgement of football or complete bullshit or as I reckon it to be with these fools both.
  • MrOneLung said:

What were the points per game for the other managers first 7 games?

Anyone?
  • seth plum said:

This is what I've heard, not a wind up but what I have heard plus some personal speculation regarding managerial stuff since Roland bought the club.

In essence this was what I was being told by various sources.

KF has always been involved even when Powell was still manager.

Whether we choose to call him a director of football or head of recruitment it is he who has overseen the player recruitment in the past two years.
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Anyone?
    Not 100% sure but roughly from a wikipedia search...

Riga appointed 11 March 2014 he got 11 from 7

Peeters appointed pre season May 2014 got 13 from 7

Guy "could be our Alex Ferguson" Luzon appointed 13 January 2015 got 11 from 7

Still every managerial appointment has been better than the last as Karel is proving with the Board's latest stroke of genius.

EDIT Luzon got 11 from 7
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Anyone?
    Not 100% sure but roughly from a wikipedia search...

Riga appointed 11 March 2014 he got 11 from 7

Peeters appointed pre season May 2014 got 13 from 7

Guy "could be our Alex Ferguson" Luzon appointed 13 January 2015 got 8 from 7

Still every managerial appointment has been better than the last as Karel is proving with the Board's latest stroke of genius.
    This is correct, ignore my second hand info answer.
  • So if we give half of Riga's points to Fraeye and only count the first half of Brighton away then Fraeye has already proven to be the best appointment so far..................
  • MrOneLung said:

First 7 games for each manager/headcoach. I'm counting Plymouth home as Powell's first match as Peacock was manager against Wednesday, after Powell had been appointed.

Karel Fraeye: 7 points
    Guy Luzon: 8 points
    Bob Peeters: 13 points
    Jose Riga: 11 points
    Chris Powell: 12 points
  • Sponsored links:

• No wonder his former club were struggling in the Belgian third division. Two jobs at the same time, lol... he wasn't 100% committed to them. Just hope he's not doing scouting work for other clubs in the network now! ;)
  • edited December 2015
    For future reference as a bit of a barometer (laid up sick in bed and watched everthing on netflix and youtube so nothing better to do)

after 7 games

Riga 11

Peeters 13

Luzon 11

Fraeye 7

after 10 games

Riga 14

Peeters 18

Luzon 17

after 15 games

Riga 21

Peeters 23

Luzon 26

after 20 games

Riga N/a as ended with 24 from 16

Peeters 29

Luzon 32

after 25 games

Riga N/a

Peeters 31

Luzon 41

after 30 games

Luzon 42

Luzon jogged on after 34 games with 43 points

• I might be the only person who feels (based on no evidence) that there was briefing against Peeters around and about the lead up to his sacking.
    I would also say that the home game against Derby in Peeters first spell was the best performance any of Rolands appointees has ever conjured up. I also enjoyed Bob's unbeaten run, and the disintegration of his work is still a bit of a mystery to me.
    I am not especially a Peeters fan but I would say he was far from 100% useless.
  • edited December 2015

No wonder his former club were struggling in the Belgian third division. Two jobs at the same time, lol... he wasn't 100% committed to them. Just hope he's not doing scouting work for other clubs in the network now! ;)

It's what comes from being RD's personal right hand man -
    Butler, Chauffeur, Director Of Football, Player recruitment for the network, Interim Manager, accountant, personal fitness coach and general life coach. Probably looks after the train set as well.

There's no end to Fraeye's limited talent when you have the trust of RD, the waistcoat and in charge of his hobby.
  • That's so sad, yet so true... :(