Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LEICESTER CITY V CHELSEA .. TONIGHT (Now Last Night) ((:>)@ 20.00

Comments

• Wow, Leicester NINE points clear of Tottenham in 5th, even with a stutter they have a great chance of a Champions League place if they keep decent form up for the rest of the season.

Chelsea ONE point ahead of the bottom 3, and with a goal difference of -8 :smile:
  • Geez we might be playing Chelsea next season haha

not right .. we could be BEATING Chelsea next season ((:>)
  • 100% of teams that were in Leicester's current position have qualified for the Champions League, really hope they do it.
  • Leicester scored the type of goals that Chelsea have been scoring for the past few seasons .. BUT .. no longer look like scoring .. José for the chop ? .. I'd say 50/50 .. Roman must take into account the £50 compensation though ((:>) .. the relationship between the Chelsea coaches and players looks to be a little bit fraught
  • CAFCdamo said:

100% of teams that were in Leicester's current position have qualified for the Champions League, really hope they do it.

I read a similar stat on the BBC website:

"No team leading after 16 games has finished lower than fourth in the Premier League. In 18 of the past 23 seasons, the team leading at that stage finished second or better, and on 13 occasions they ended up champions."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35041730

• Carragher's post match analysis is getting better and better .. I think .. NO seriously, he knows 'is stoof
  • I am quite enjoying Lampard as a pundit as well.
  • the much maligned referee Clattenburg is having a cracker here .. not too fussy and he has the players respect it seems

Yes it's strange, how since there were rumours of him being "bent", a couple of seasons ago, he no longer makes controversial match altering decisions.
  • Southbound M1 has a 10 mile tailback - Chelsea's misery continues

2-1 and your walking home.
  • Leicester have a lot of money behind them now, a couple of signings in January will cement their position in the top four or better. Good luck to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is hard to take in. It's not September, it's mid-December and Chelsea have won four league games. When was the last time a club defended a title as badly as this?
  • 1 point off the bottom 3, 2 wins in the last 10 games, bad goal difference

Charlton are finally doing as well as Mourinho's Chelsea!
  • Leicester have a lot of money behind them now, a couple of signings in January will cement their position in the top four or better. Good luck to them.

If success can be maintained and they finish in the top four this will be HUGE inspiration to the rest of the Billionaire nutcases who want to go for gold with a relatively "unfashionable" club...
  • Great to see desire and fearlessness in a team. AND good football against one of the big armchair clubs. Not seen that myself for over a decade. How sad.
  • It's going to be really hard for Chelsea to attract anyone decent in January, as the chances of CL football next season look so slim. Why would someone like Stones want to go to Chelsea in their current position?
  • http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/15/jose-mourinho-chelsea-players-betrayed-leicester

Mourinho now blames ball boys!

Well sort of. Still interesting read.

Strange times in football.
  • edited December 2015
    Chelsea, Like Man City, Spend HUGE when they made that leap into the higher echelons of English and European football... There was one price for them and one for the rest as quoted by their CEO at the time.

With this very public fall from grace their may be significant issues getting back to those levels and rightly so...

Hopefully this will continue all season as they limp along, although a clear out isnt an option either. Mourinhio has to be sacked and hopefully a new man could get these , actually quite fantastic players, playing again...

The Russian has no other choice IMHO...

• Dave2l said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/15/jose-mourinho-chelsea-players-betrayed-leicester

Mourinho now blames ball boys!

Well sort of. Still interesting read.

Strange times in football.

Not the first time he's done that though.
    I suppose he's long lost the dressing room. He always seems to be a very difficult person to get along with.
  • Uboat said:

This is hard to take in. It's not September, it's mid-December and Chelsea have won four league games. When was the last time a club defended a title as badly as this?

Had a look and you have to go back to 1938!!

Manchester City won their first ever league title in the first division in the 1936/37 season (a season in which Charlton finished as runners up!) but they suffered relegation in the next season.

What was unusual however was they scored more goals in 1937/38 than any other English first division club and had a positive goal difference, yet still went down.
  • Leicester's next three games are Everton/Liverpool/City. Plus if Vardy or Mahrez get injured, can they be replaced? Will the owner let Ranieri spend big in Jan to cement a CL spot?

It's a great achievement so far but a long way to go yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shows how little I currently follow football that last night was the first time I have heard of Mahrez
  • edited December 2015
    The scouting at Leicester must be up there with the best in europe. From Yann Kermorgant to Jamie Vardy. They know a player when they see one.

And i know it didn't work out for Yann but no denying he was still a find.
  • Shows how little I currently follow football that last night was the first time I have heard of Mahrez

Bobby Charlton had a good game last night though didn't he?
  • The scouting at Leicester must be up there with the best in europe. From Yann Kermorgant to Jamie Vardy. They know a player when they see one.

And i know it didn't work out for Yann but no denying he was still a find.

That Kante looks very good so far too.
  • edited December 2015
    I think Mourinho has lost it. The players don't look as if they want to play for him anymore. Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are extremely brittle. There will never be a better time for Arsenal to win the Premiership, they seem more solid this season.
  • Leicester's next three games are Everton/Liverpool/City. Plus if Vardy or Mahrez get injured, can they be replaced? Will the owner let Ranieri spend big in Jan to cement a CL spot?

With the way the season has gone so far though, you wouldn't be surprised if they took something from all 3 games. Everton are very inconsistent, Liverpool hit and miss as well and City could only draw at Villa the other week and have needed late goals to beat Norwich and Swansea.

Agree about Vardy/Mahrez though, those 2 are irreplaceable for them right now. Still don't see them winning the league, but i really hope they get a CL spot.
  • Really enjoyed the match but felt Sky relaying the news that the M1 was bad was a bit poor... The commentator pretty much laughed at the incident and to me it was almost Sky's way of saying: You see this is why you should sit at home, watch on Sky dont go the games.
  • In Ed Chamberlains opening bit when the programme started he said Bournemouth beat an 'under strength' Man Utd, absolutely no reason at all to say the words 'under strength' and straight away implied that it shouldn't happen.
  • Really enjoyed the match but felt Sky relaying the news that the M1 was bad was a bit poor... The commentator pretty much laughed at the incident and to me it was almost Sky's way of saying: You see this is why you should sit at home, watch on Sky dont go the games.

I did not take it like that at all, he was explaining why the Leicester fans had just cheered, highlighting some harmless banter between the crowd, nothing wrong with that IMO.

I did not take it like that at all, he was explaining why the Leicester fans had just cheered, highlighting some harmless banter between the crowd, nothing wrong with that IMO.
    I'm usually okay with this sort of thing and at the time thought fair enough explaining but do you have to laugh at the Chelsea fans... Bit of professionalism wouldn't have hurt.

i.e. Imagine falling over in a restaurant and a Waiter laughing at you for doing it.