Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LEICESTER CITY V CHELSEA .. TONIGHT (Now Last Night) ((:>)@ 20.00

1235»

Comments

• Options

Really enjoyed the match but felt Sky relaying the news that the M1 was bad was a bit poor... The commentator pretty much laughed at the incident and to me it was almost Sky's way of saying: You see this is why you should sit at home, watch on Sky dont go the games.

I did not take it like that at all, he was explaining why the Leicester fans had just cheered, highlighting some harmless banter between the crowd, nothing wrong with that IMO.
    I'm usually okay with this sort of thing and at the time thought fair enough explaining but do you have to laugh at the Chelsea fans... Bit of professionalism wouldn't have hurt.

i.e. Imagine falling over in a restaurant and a Waiter laughing at you for doing it.
    Again, he was not laughing at the Chelsea fans, he was chuckling at the Leicester fans cheering after the stadium announcer mentioned it.
  • Options

In Ed Chamberlains opening bit when the programme started he said Bournemouth beat an 'under strength' Man Utd, absolutely no reason at all to say the words 'under strength' and straight away implied that it shouldn't happen.

they were under strength though
  • Options
    but it just belittles their achievement by announcing it in the way he did in my opinion - it's like he was trying to justify the result, who's to say Bournemouth weren't under strength too?
  • Options

In Ed Chamberlains opening bit when the programme started he said Bournemouth beat an 'under strength' Man Utd, absolutely no reason at all to say the words 'under strength' and straight away implied that it shouldn't happen.

they were under strength though
    Would love to be under-strength with De Gea .. Blind .. Carrick .. Fellaini .. Mata .. Depay .. Martial in my team
  • Options
    Don't Bournemouth have as many injuries as United anyway.
    So you could say 'under strength Bournemouth beat Man United'
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26300042

What I like about Leicester is that they haven't gone up to the PL and just bought a new team.

This is the team that beat us in April 2014 and it's very recognisable, despite the fact that we're now 2 seasons on. Leicester have kept the nucleus of that team, and the team spirit and just topped it up.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26300042

What I like about Leicester is that they haven't gone up to the PL and just bought a new team.

This is the team that beat us in April 2014 and it's very recognisable, despite the fact that we're now 2 seasons on. Leicester have kept the nucleus of that team, and the team spirit and just topped it up.

This - plus they have a wily old dog as a manager.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Don't Bournemouth have as many injuries as United anyway.
    So you could say 'under strength Bournemouth beat Man United'

digressing slightly .. Bournemouth's 'main man' at the start of the season, the exciting Callum Wilson, is a long term injury. Perversely, this setback, I would argue, has helped to develop the Cherries as a more all round team.
    Earlier, the tactic was .. 'get the ball forward quickly to Callum, get him running at defenders or play the ball into space where he can run onto it and attack'. When this was sussed and stopped, Bournemouth tended to have a weak or missing Plan B

Injury has meant a new approach has had to be adopted. A more structured, slower build up with the midfield taking more responsibility. Gosling, O'Kane, the terrific Arter and the rest, have had to come to terms with passing and pressing under pressure, with being both more creative yet more aggressive.
    Francis has moved to centre back allowing Smith, a quicker, smaller and more skilful player to hum up and down on the right flank. Lastly, Stanislas and King, without, the tenacity, skill or sheer ability of Wilson have filled in quite well in attack. All in all, the Cherries now play a less exciting but more coherent, broader, more balanced style of game.

Eddie Howe, a great young coach is proving that .... Necessity is the Mother of Invention (and not a Frank Zappa in sight)