Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Force Awakens. No spoliers

The thread for those who haven't seen the movie event of the century.

Comments

• Options
    Seen it twice now. Guess I should leave.
  • Options
    Will be seeing it tomorrow night.
    Am being somewhat cautious in my use of the internet to avoid spoilers, but no surprise to hear people saying that if you love Star Wars you'll love the film and that it has been worth the wait....
  • Options
    am I the only surviving human who has not seen any of the Star Wars/Bores movies ?
  • Options
    I'm 30 and I have not seen a single one

am I the only surviving human who has not seen any of the Star Wars/Bores movies ?

• Options
    Can't wait. I know two colleagues at work who are going to a preview showing tonight. Best they keep schtum or else.
  • Options
    Loved Star Wars at infant school (pre-1984) as remember 'playing' it at break time. Loved Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and had a lot of the figures and the old toys but thats where I left it. Back in the 80s with my childhood memories.

I'm amazed at how many of my friends are excited about seeing the new film.
  • Options
    An Internet forum with a thread for The Force Awakens is only going to have one ending. Any way we can block/remove threads from our view?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

An Internet forum with a thread for The Force Awakens is only going to have one ending. Any way we can block/remove threads from our view?

use the best blocking device .. self discipline .. avert thy eye young man
  • Options

My bog theory is that Anakin Skywalker is alive.
    Luke clearly uses the present tense when talking about him in the first trailer.

anakin is alive in the force. Just like yoda and obi wan. We clearly saw anakin's body being burned on endor.
  • Options

My bog theory is that Anakin Skywalker is alive.
    Luke clearly uses the present tense when talking about him in the first trailer.

also it's just taken from this part of return of the jedi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Released yesterday in sà as it was a public holiday. First time in ages that I remember a round of applause for the movie at the opening and closing credits. Loved every minute of it my kids were dressed as Han and leia both girls, ones a bit of a tom boy. Took me back to my early teens with the original. Made me forget 1 to 3.
  • Options

then why comment in the thread? Very weird.
  • Options

Never been able to sit through a whole one. On a par with Harry Potter and the massive pile of shite, 1, 2, 3 , 4, zzzzzzzzz!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Never been able to sit through a whole one. On a par with Harry Potter and the massive pile of shite, 1, 2, 3 , 4, zzzzzzzzz!
    I don't think I've ever watched one of them start to finish but there's plenty of opportunity at the minute with Sky Movies having a Star Wars channel.
  • Options
    I am a massive geek. Star Wars, Star Trek (1 true love) all of it.
    Going to see this one with a mate on Tuesday in lovely 3D.
  • Options
    Read all the spoilers and have seen a few of the dodgy on line clips and this has wetted my appetite for it more and more.
  • Options
    Going tomorrow night with my two young sons (31 and 25).

Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Obi wan becomes leader of the labour party
  • Options
    They all die in the end.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

They all die in the end.

They all never existed in the first place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To anyone who has seen the film...it's rated as a 12A but not sure why. But I'm taking the plunge and taking the boy (5 years) who has seen last year all the films and has got to the end in the iPad Star Wars game. Am I making a mistake around the content. To be clear I'm not interested in whether you find it interesting, just is there stuff there that's really only suitable for kids aged over 12.
  • Options

To anyone who has seen the film...it's rated as a 12A but not sure why. But I'm taking the plunge and taking the boy (5 years) who has seen last year all the films and has got to the end in the iPad Star Wars game. Am I making a mistake around the content. To be clear I'm not interested in whether you find it interesting, just is there stuff there that's really only suitable for kids aged over 12.

hardcore sex scenes and there's a scene where they genuinely cut open a live Tauntaun
  • Options
    I'm hearing that this one is in a Galaxy Not So Far Away
  • Options
    Thanks KentAddick I think he's ok with all that stuff. Is there anything actually shocking though?
  • Options
    I think he's already on top of the idea that existence may be futile and there may be a gradual and relentless crushing if all hope. Thanks Charlton ;)
  • Options
    Off to see it at Imax 3D in Southampton on Monday - cant wait.
  • Options
    Tried watching one of them before but fell asleep on the sofa about half way through. Never bothered since.
  • Options
    I think the original 3 are fantastic movies and have contributed hugely to modern popular culture and film in general. The iconography, the quotes, the special effects, the epicness. I'm nowhere near as geeky as it turns out a lot of my Facebook friends are about the whole star wars thing but I am very excited about seeing this

I'm going to see it on Sunday and I can't wait. I heard a spoiler today and I'm ridiculously annoyed about that. Loads more than it is rational to be anyway!