Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Force Awakens. No spoliers

13»

Comments

• Options
    I thought this was a thread about how our season turned around and we got back to the Prem. Hailing RD, KM and KF as Charltn Legends.
  • Options
    Just saw it. Loved it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Cool movie. Excellent retro. The opening scenes could have been in the original!

The whole movie can be related to the original. It's tantamount to a remake.
    I agree but I can't help wondering if his post shouldn't have been on the spoilers thread?
    JiMMy 85 said:

To anyone who has seen the film...it's rated as a 12A but not sure why. But I'm taking the plunge and taking the boy (5 years) who has seen last year all the films and has got to the end in the iPad Star Wars game. Am I making a mistake around the content. To be clear I'm not interested in whether you find it interesting, just is there stuff there that's really only suitable for kids aged over 12.

I would say it's not as accessible to a 5-year-old as A New Hope perhaps is. It's more violent and menacing. Mostly bloodless death but death nonetheless. Kylo Ren has moments that would scare the shit out of me as a child.
    I, also, agree with this. I don't remember seeing any blood in A New Hope. There was some in Empire, but the new film is a 12A which makes it appropriate. However, I think that the whole world, including children (above five) are much less sensitive to blood and guts than they were 38 years ago.
    If you felt that strongly, you probably shouldn't have quoted it! I don't think it's a spoiler, for the record.
    Probably not a spoiler but does kind of five the plot away, kinda. I agree though that by quoting it I probably draw more attention to it.
  • Options
    All I keep hearing is that it is basically a remake of Star Wars, which suits me.....
  • Options
    Brilliant go and see it.