Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much does our CEO earn?

13»

Comments

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

IA said:

Rob said:

I would be surprised if she is on any more than 100k a year. I'm only hazarding a guess though.

I doubt it's anything near that.
    She was an associate at White & Case where even newly qualified lawyers start on £90K. She didn't stay long there, or subsequently at Olswangs or Baker Mc, but that made up just over 3 years as a lawyer at three of the biggest firms. I would be surprised if she was on less than £150k by the time she joined the "Network".

She could of course now be working for the love of all things Duchatelet and may just be happy with minimum wage and a train pass to all games!!
    She was a Trainee at White & Case and Associate (for 6 months or so each) at the other two. Then she joined Standard. I can see what you're saying, but I still think it's closer to £70k for a lawyer with her level of experience working in industry.

I think the few years as CEO of a football club will look good on her CV though.
  • Options
    IA said:

TelMc32 said:

IA said:

Rob said:

I would be surprised if she is on any more than 100k a year. I'm only hazarding a guess though.

She was an associate at White & Case where even newly qualified lawyers start on £90K. She didn't stay long there, or subsequently at Olswangs or Baker Mc, but that made up just over 3 years as a lawyer at three of the biggest firms. I would be surprised if she was on less than £150k by the time she joined the "Network".

She could of course now be working for the love of all things Duchatelet and may just be happy with minimum wage and a train pass to all games!!
    She was a Trainee at White & Case and Associate (for 6 months or so each) at the other two. Then she joined Standard. I can see what you're saying, but I still think it's closer to £70k for a lawyer with her level of experience working in industry.

I think the few years as CEO of a football club will look good on her CV though.
    Which is, let's be honest, all she cares about.
  • Options
    Her LinkedIn profile is here:

https://be.linkedin.com/in/katrien-meire-8425005

Publicly accessible information.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Whatever she gets paid it isn't enough for her to arrive for work on matchdays before 99% of her staff.
    If we get an average of 25 home games per season, and she gets paid £200k, it works out at approximately £2000 per corner flag placement, less Tax and National Insurance.

I know she gets stick for her late arrival on Saturdays, but I do see her most evenings at around 7.30pm walking up Floyd Road, so she puts her hours in. I am sure she is there on match days until 8 or 9pm minimum, so I can understand why she might want an early afternoon start. It also shows a degree of trust and confidence in her team. Having said all that, she's still an arrogant, incompetent yes-woman who is overseeing the shrinking of this football club on all fronts despite, presumably, her best efforts. I thought I had been over all this before?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    IA said:

TelMc32 said:

IA said:

Rob said:

Thanks @IA I misread her White & Case profile and put her as a NQ. Probably puts her closer to £100K by the time she left Baker & McKenzie.

I know of FDs at some firms who can't put a simple cash flow or budget together and who are paid 3x more than me. I just have to review it and send it back and explain where they have gone wrong!! That said...I mis-read her profile, so my days as a paralegal are numbered!!! :wink:

Qualified, sadly, doesn't always equal competent!
  • Options

IA said:

TelMc32 said:

IA said:

Rob said:

Which is, let's be honest, all she cares about.
    Exactly