Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Abuse

Like many many fans I disagree with the way Katrien is doing her job just as much as every other fan. What is wrong is some of the abuse I have seen directed towards her like s**t, w***e and s**g. That is when it's going beyond the boundries. It's just as bad as racism. There is no excuse for it no matter how mad you are with her. Nobody is saying like her or agree with she is doing. There is being critical of someone (which is fine) and there is being downright insulting. These are two separate things altogther. She may well not be telling the truth but it is still absolutely no excuse whatsoever. No matter bad at how she is at her job she doesn't deserve to have those sexit terms labelled at her in any shape or form.

Comments

• Options
    Tell her to get back in the kitch....oh

No you're right though.
  • Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    Fully agree FC81. Not a fan of her management of the club (understatement) but personal abuse is unacceptable.

Work life is separate from personal life so insults as you describe cross the divide, and could be prosecutable too.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

What a random post to make at 11pm at night. Has it been on the back of your mind and keeping you awake for sometime?

Yes I was wrong for saying stuff on here its a fans forum after all, however she has a helping hand in killing my club, so I make no apologies. If she's a bloke we can call him what we like but cos she's a woman we have to be careful what we say. Not a chance. Ok I wont post the words on here any more but doesn't stop me thinking them or saying them to other people. Same goes for RD I will still call him every word under the sun but that's ok his a man.

First two lines made me chuckle haha.

• Options
    While the choice of words are unnecessary, she deserves all of the flack ; I'm sure this has been said a hundred times on other threads !
  • Options
    Hopefully sooner rather than later this conversation will become redundant.
  • Options
    Couldn't care either way.
    I wouldn't personally do it but if you poke a stick in a hornets nest...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    In and at football people shout what they think will 'hurt' the other teams players/management team/fans etc, to get into their head. For example Andy Reid will be on the receiving ends of chants such as 'you fat barsteward' etc. Such words may provoke a reaction from him which is exactly what they're looking for, it may strike a nerve. The case is the same here.

Not sticking up for the words used by the way, but I can see why people use them, it's part parcel of the game. To try and provoke Katrien into action she may regret or wouldn't do without, it's not practical or nice in any which way but you just can't eridicate it, even the people working in refreshments at football probably receive words like it directed at them. Sticks and stones may break my.... etc. etc.

If she can't hack it she's in the wrong business, men receive abuse as do women. Katrien is no different to anyone else receiving similar abuse in football, she's in a position that will attract it unfortunately for her (and her actions certainly aren't helping, laughing at fans and taking photos etc.)
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if she isn't logged into lawyerjobs.be as we speak. I'd still put my frikadel in her pistolet though.

Marks out of 10 for abuse?
  • Options
    So, no more calling the Ref a w***er or calling Joey Barton names etc etc it is then!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I can't stand the woman, and whilst I wouldn't personally abuse her, and I don't think it's very nice that people do it, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm talking about the more sexist and xenophobic remarks here. Anything other than that is fair game IMO.
  • Options

Not sticking up for the words used by the way, but I can see why people use them here's a 200 word piece defending their use

• Options
    RD has played this out in his head. I wouldn't say he's clever but he's used her well.

If it was a bloke, whether qualified or not and obviously telling the same fibs and doing the same shit job as katrien absolutely no one would be on his side. That CEO would easily be hated by EVERYONE.

She is surrounded by blokes that will defend her to the bone and some fans will defend her after perhaps meeting her in person and feeling charmed by her looks and behaviour. It carries a big shield round her.
    I myself don't find her massively attractive in this sense, I mean she looks great sometimes but mostly doesn't do it for me.

She has won friends at charlton because she is an apparent vulnerable but ballsy woman in football and could be seen as unique in this sense.

She's shit at her job whether she cares about how well charlton are doing or not.

I think thinking realistically, she will probably be at charlton for a worryingly long time.

• Options
    Zzzzzzz.
    All been said before many times.

She is a paid laky, she does not really drive things she is just the gatekeeper to stop people speaking/getting to RD and she does this successfully.

I don't like her, I don't trust her, I hope she leaves... But if she does, nothing will change because the next 'baby' CEO will come in and on we will continue down the same route.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree, all the sluts, whores and slags out there are doing a far better job (at what they do) than Katrien.

I thought the w****e was wanker at a glance, so cheers for clearing that up, in my mind at least.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm not into name calling or personnel abuse, whether they're a bloke or a woman, but Katrien has consistently proved she is not up to the task of running this club in the right way this far, she is making too many basic errors, and heaping coals on her head with her decision making , and doing herself no favours, apart from her bank balance and her cv being significantly enhanced, I think she needs help or needs replacing.
  • Options
    wouldn't shout abuse at her, but if people do then i wont lose any sleep over it.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Nicholas said:

What a random post to make at 11pm at night. Has it been on the back of your mind and keeping you awake for sometime?

Yes I was wrong for saying stuff on here its a fans forum after all, however she has a helping hand in killing my club, so I make no apologies. If she's a bloke we can call him what we like but cos she's a woman we have to be careful what we say. Not a chance. Ok I wont post the words on here any more but doesn't stop me thinking them or saying them to other people. Same goes for RD I will still call him every word under the sun but that's ok his a man.

People post this like it's a fact. No it's not ok to call a bloke anything you like. There's no need for personal abuse.

Criticise them for your view of their performance and capability by all means, but why anyone thinks going after them on a personal level is ok I'll never understand.
    Her and Roland are the ones who made it personal when they started to rip my club apart piece by piece. Sad as it may be but Cafc are a humongous part of life and have always been since I was kid and if I see someone hurting it I'm going to retaliate. Yes name calling does look stupid however if name calling rattles them like it did at the first protest then so be it.

• Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    Greenie said:

It's the working class mans game and as such some of the lowest common denominators will get a bit lively towards her, some would say that if our CEO was a fella then he would have got much worse, which I happen to agree with.
    I'm old school, and although I wouldn't say those things, after the way that our club is being run, I couldn't give a fuck if she got upset that a few knuckle draggers are calling her names.

Spot on. She's the boss of football club and essentially her customers are a mob. 7,000 people don't construct a reasoned argument on the merits of her performance of CEO, they shout at her instead. All she has to do is be any good at her job and most of this goes away. Until then she is going to get grief and she shouldn't be surprised about it
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I agree calling her a slut or tart etc is out of order. We have no evidence for that yet. Useless, conniving, sexist, and more are true definitions though.
  • Options
    Perhaps we could draw up a list of approved insults/put downs and get it as a sticky? Eg Smug feckless incompetent? Perhaps we could tie the whole thing up with a survey and/or poll? We do seem to love that sort of thing.

I apologise deeply of course if the above 'charlton fan' generalisation has upset anyone. God forbid someone gets their feelings hurt.