Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins is a Charlton hero

1235»

Comments

• Scoham said:

The passion for Cousins is inspiring people, but aside from work rate and endevour there's really not a lot there, he does nothing with the ball, we haven't had a proper CM since Reid.

Am I allowed to say I told you so..
    A Championship club signed him and he's not played due to injury. He's better than quite a few CMs we've had since Reid.

Anyone saying he's a top Champ or Prem player was overrating him but I don't think many claimed he was. Despite that he was still one of our better players when he was here.
    Probably not too wrong saying he was one of our better players but only down to his work rate and sheer determination, as a footballer as I said years back on the thread, nothing there, no passing ability or technical skill, hurts some to hear it because he was a local hero down here (at a very bad time). Wish him all the best.
  • Scoham said:

The passion for Cousins is inspiring people, but aside from work rate and endevour there's really not a lot there, he does nothing with the ball, we haven't had a proper CM since Reid.

A Championship club signed him and he's not played due to injury. He's better than quite a few CMs we've had since Reid.

Anyone saying he's a top Champ or Prem player was overrating him but I don't think many claimed he was. Despite that he was still one of our better players when he was here.
    Probably not too wrong saying he was one of our better players but only down to his work rate and sheer determination, as a footballer as I said years back on the thread, nothing there, no passing ability or technical skill, hurts some to hear it because he was a local hero down here (at a very bad time). Wish him all the best.
    Although I say again, how many midfielders have we had in the last 20 years with genuine technical ability . And how many (especially English) midfielders have much even today ?
  • wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

Although I say again, how many midfielders have we had in the last 20 years with genuine technical ability . And how many (especially English) midfielders have much even today ?
    Shelvey can still be an England player if he gets back on track

Just from recent years, in terms of technical ability, Dale Stevens, Poyet and Buyens were better. His career might have stiffed, but the fact that Poyet was signed by a PL club, when Cousins went to a Championship club is telling

Indeed both Kashi and JFC are probably better technically as well

Which isn't to say Cousins can't do a decent job
  • Not what I remember, Cousins was ok, he was never creative. He was of the Harriott, Wagstaff mould, looked good at debut and first 20 games but never progressed. To talk of him in the same class as Andy Reid, Claus Jenson is wishful thinking.