Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former main ticket office now an NHS call centre

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why I'm laughing, all this is heartbreaking. You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    This and the nonsense with messing Varney around.

These people are here for the long haul.
  • Options

Don't say that.. :(
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Don't say that.. :(
    It's not looking good amigo.
  • Options
    Clearly the third step in a plan towards putting ticketing all online. The first step was to gradually reduce the availability of the ticket office and the second to serve up such shit first team football as to limit demand. Relegation should be the trigger to make the switch. Brilliance in action.
  • Options
    I want to not buy a season ticket next season in protest but how the hell do you buy tickets for a game!? Absolute joke of the once great club. Still, I know where to go with injuries... oh no, that's the players! The NHS call centre CAFC.
  • Options
    You dont need a ticket office if you dont sell tickets
  • Options
    Its all fallen into place now!

Always thought Katrien looked like receptionist... "Dr Fraye will see you now"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember getting ripped into for dissecting their every move, but it's quite obvious now to the vast majority that their every move is pulling a piece of us away, a piece that will take a long time to rebuild, these things will have contracts.. I mean how bloody stupid is it, we're probably the only FL club with this to earn a few extra quid. Why not just sack the entire playing squad? That'll save some money..
  • Options
    Which NHS organisation is renting it out?
  • Options

Could it be this?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/g4s-scoops-nhs-contract-48234/
  • Options
    Actually think this could be good for us. They may do a better job of diagnosing all our long-term injuries and get them into surgery within the current 3 month timeline! :wink:
  • Options

Could it be this?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/g4s-scoops-nhs-contract-48234/
    G4s........ Anyone wanting to buy tickets, the keys will hanging on a piece of string behind letterbox. Please let yourself in and put cash in honest box.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/blundering-guards-lose-keys-prison-4595739
  • Options

So how much are the club making from the rental on this deal.
  • Options

Can see it now.
    Roland buys hospitals from around Europe, creating a health network.
    Kidneys that don't work, hearts that are bled dry and pickled livers are transferred around the network to aid ailing patients.
    All the 'doctors' are from Belgium and not necessarily qualified to do the job.
    A&E wards do however have the latest trance and progressive house bangin in the background which does help to flood out the noise of screaming customers patients!!

Will the waiting room have a sofa?
  • Options
    Sofa ? It is a psychiatrists couch that is needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badger said:

If we know which NHS organisation is using it, then it should be fairly easy to find out.
  • Options

Badger said:

If we know which NHS organisation is using it, then it should be fairly easy to find out.
    Excellent point.
  • Options
    I would hazard a guess they will be busy most weekends with Charlton fans injured banging their heads on the seat in front as we ship a goal one minute before/after half time. If we get really lucky Miere might be carried in after dislocating her jaw laughing so hard at the protests.
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

LoOkOuT said:

F-Blocker said:

If it's a bit of spare office space & the club can get some incoome from renting it out, I don't see the big issue.

It's not a spare bit of office space though is it? It's the ticketing centre to an event venue ffs. Surely, you've seen the ticketing issues that this had already caused?
    An event venue that's selling less & less tickets...
    Yeah, it's not like they're trying to increase the attendance to 20,000 or anything..
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

What was the reason for kicking off 5 minutes late as well ? Anything to do with the long queue to buy tickets stretching back to the club shop ?

How hard is it to sell tickets for a football game ?

I thought that.

Typical Charlton, do a "Kids for a Quid" initiative to sell more tickets... but don't bother publicising the fact you can print tickets off at home. So anybody who doesn't know will end up queueing for God knows how long (those queues were huge.) and misses a chunk of the match.
    By all accounts, the match wasn't really worth watching...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I would hazard a guess they will be busy most weekends with Charlton fans injured banging their heads on the seat in front as we ship a goal one minute before/after half time. If we get really lucky Miere might be carried in after dislocating her jaw laughing so hard at the protests.

One of the things I'm still not sure of is whether the turnstile scanners can read the barcode off your phone rather than having to print them out?
  • Options
    Can I actually get a match ticket on the day?
  • Options
    Just to come in on this one; the 'NHS call centre' is operated by CACT and it co-ordinates amongst other initiatives, CACT's 'Kick the Habit' programme: http://www.cact.org.uk/what-we-do/health-improvement/call-centre/
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Suthers said:

Just to come in on this one; the 'NHS call centre' is operated by CACT and it co-ordinates amongst other initiatives, CACT's 'Kick the Habit' programme: http://www.cact.org.uk/what-we-do/health-improvement/call-centre/

Is it funded by the NHS or not? My understanding is that there was a tender process, which CACT won - good on them, but it is hardly a sensible use of the Charlton ticket office from a club perspective whoever has the contract.