Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former main ticket office now an NHS call centre

124»

Comments

• Options
    I laughed when I saw the article about the CACT use of the ticket office for the health improvement scheme on the OS as it has taken them this long to write a positive article/spin on the use of the 'office for selling tickets' to the fans/customers! Did they think we wouldn't notice?
    BTW, a commendable cause but did it need the ticket office space? Where will they put the stock from the shop when it closes?
    This is like a comedy show except it is the club we love: our life.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    They've obviously seen all the negative comments and thought they should make a statement for damage limitation purposes (few weeks too late IMO). Wonder why they didn't state that the 'new office space' was the bloody ticket office?
  • Options

They've obviously seen all the negative comments and thought they should make a statement for damage limitation purposes (few weeks too late IMO). Wonder why they didn't state that the 'new office space' was the bloody ticket office?

So true and that was my thoughts as well. Where is the new head of communications!!!
  • Options

So true and that was my thoughts as well. Where is the new head of communications!!!
    Cambridge?
    Looks more and more likely, Airman. Surely even his/her eyes must have been opened by yesterday's 6 0 drumming?
  • Options
    Call me old fashion (Luddite)

but as we were in the area yesterday doing the Cable car ride for the first time, i called in person into the valley ticket office to get an extra ticket ?

The person at the window said STI ?
    I assume this was asking if i had a season ticket so said yes i have,
    and in fact, have had it for years but my friend hasn't ? Got a dirty look and
    They asked me into the office, the person put a pair of Gloves on,
    asked me to drop my trousers, and think of England.

Am i The only person who find's this draconian;
    Is this part of the extra security for the protests this Saturday,
    in case flares are smuggled into the stadium. ?
    The shit really could hit the fan/s; and at great speed!
  • Options

Was chatting with someone tonight who does a bit of work with the trust who told me the club is taking back Valley Central (the community space at the front) in May, which backs up @Airman Brown 's VOTV story about the club shop moving in there (with the ticket office?).

Announced on OS today that the contract has been extended.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-community-trust-valley-central-2914925.aspx
  • Options
    Won't need a club shop much longer if attendances keep falling the way they are. Which they will if the ticket office isn't open very often.
  • Options
    The Daily Mail would have a field day with this story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We should push this, little has been mentioned about the NHS call centre/ticket office fiasco IMO. Another headline grabber for the press surely?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

We should push this, little has been mentioned about the NHS call centre/ticket office fiasco IMO. Another headline grabber for the press surely?
    It's also quite a topical subject at the moment - http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/25/call-centre-counselling-treating-mental-illness-therapy-iapt-cbt-nhs
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes. I was waiting in the car park for 30 minutes, with everyone else from the buildings, as I wanted to buy Fulham tickets.

The grinning pinnochio was there and yes I bottled it. I didn't say anything to her. Shame on me.

I stood close enough for her to see my Roland out badge :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2016