Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former main ticket office now an NHS call centre

Comments

• Options
    Suthers said:

Just to come in on this one; the 'NHS call centre' is operated by CACT and it co-ordinates amongst other initiatives, CACT's 'Kick the Habit' programme: http://www.cact.org.uk/what-we-do/health-improvement/call-centre/

I'm sure there's a good reason. But why not locate the call centre upstairs, rather than "move" the ticket office staff upstairs ? Thanking-you in advance.
  • Options

When I wrote this in VOTV123 I was doubtful that it could really be true, but it came from a very good source. Confirmed today that it has happened and the former ticket office - behind the new wall built to isolate the sales windows - is now an active NHS call centre six days a week.

Is this in the main ticket office under the West Stand ?
  • Options

When I wrote this in VOTV123 I was doubtful that it could really be true, but it came from a very good source. Confirmed today that it has happened and the former ticket office - behind the new wall built to isolate the sales windows - is now an active NHS call centre six days a week.

Is this in the main ticket office under the West Stand ?
    Yes.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    mogodon said:

What's her next move? Using the pitch to graze sheep?

There's enough shit on it already!
  • Options
    It's a good development by CACT for a programme that started from a small smoking cessation initiative but I entirely agree that, from the club's perspective, this seems a backward step and I was as surprised as anyone else when I heard the news from Deb Browne who's running the call centre for CACT.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Suthers said:

It's a good development by CACT for a programme that started from a small smoking cessation initiative but I entirely agree that, from the club's perspective, this seems a backward step and I was as surprised as anyone else when I heard the news from Deb Browne who's running the call centre for CACT.

Fair comment, Steve. You might not be allowed in the directors' box on Saturday now though!

Can you confirm it is funded by the NHS, which after all cannot be concealed under FOI legislation?
  • Options

Fair comment, Steve. You might not be allowed in the directors' box on Saturday now though!

Can you confirm it is funded by the NHS, which after all cannot be concealed under FOI legislation?

At the moment Rick, I know no more than that about the call centre
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Suthers said:

Just to come in on this one; the 'NHS call centre' is operated by CACT and it co-ordinates amongst other initiatives, CACT's 'Kick the Habit' programme: http://www.cact.org.uk/what-we-do/health-improvement/call-centre/

Is it funded by the NHS or not? My understanding is that there was a tender process, which CACT won - good on them, but it is hardly a sensible use of the Charlton ticket office from a club perspective whoever has the contract.
    With great respect it is a call centre like any other.

It makes sense to use it on a multi-tasking basis.

There will always be quiet times on ticket selling, particularly weeks when there is no home game.

Heaven forbid that it could create new jobs.
  • Options
    Suthers said:

Looking at the link it says the call centre is open 4 days a week - but doesn't say which days those are! Charltonised already.
  • Options
    Is the ticket office open today guys?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Suthers said:

Looking at the link it says the call centre is open 4 days a week - but doesn't say which days those are! Charltonised already.
    Oh that will help with the governments 7 day a week NHS agenda then.?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

My last experience of getting tickets (£52 for two adults V Wolves) was cumbersome to say the least. However I admit it was weird of me to turn up at the Valley at 10.40 on a Wednesday morning, cash in hand, and expect to be able to get straight in and out and buy tickets for the following Monday.

On the plus side, you could have got a full health check and some cough medicine, so not all bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

seth plum said:

My last experience of getting tickets (£52 for two adults V Wolves) was cumbersome to say the least. However I admit it was weird of me to turn up at the Valley at 10.40 on a Wednesday morning, cash in hand, and expect to be able to get straight in and out and buy tickets for the following Monday.

On the plus side, you could have got a full health check and some cough medicine, so not all bad.
    Sleeping tablets?

Guess you don't need them.....
  • Options
    It is the "call centre" I believe.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Already explained if you read the thread above...
  • Options
    "Office space" - in fact the ticket office.
  • Options
    For most clubs, the club shop sells tickets through the week. I would assume that will be the intention with the Charlton ticket office when the shop is no longer under a contract. When does the deal with JustSport come to an end?
  • Options
    IA said:

For most clubs, the club shop sells tickets through the week. I would assume that will be the intention with the Charlton ticket office when the shop is no longer under a contract. When does the deal with JustSport come to an end?

Meant to be this summer but rumours suggest KM has a problem.

Roland's obsession with headcount means he doesn't want another 5 people on the pay roll regardless of whether it brings in more income.

And KM can't find another shirt supplier as puma, Adidas etc don't run shops.

So expect another 4 years of Just Support and Nike or if we're really unlucky Avec kits and no tickets for sale in the shop.

But don't worry, the headcount is low so Roland is happy.
  • Options

Meant to be this summer but rumours suggest KM has a problem.

Roland's obsession with headcount means he doesn't want another 5 people on the pay roll regardless of whether it brings in more income. But don't worry, the headcount is low so Roland is happy.

KM is struggling with some aspects of her job. Well knock me down with a feather.
  • Options
    Was chatting with someone tonight who does a bit of work with the trust who told me the club is taking back Valley Central (the community space at the front) in May, which backs up @Airman Brown 's VOTV story about the club shop moving in there (with the ticket office?).