Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The silence from the club is deafening !

Surely any club in our position the board would be placating the fans, we get nothing,not even vote of confidence in interim manager.

Comments

• Options
    Come on ... no chance ... KM is the most silent CEO I have ever seen ... she knows everything is a cock-up and would rather remain in the background in order to avoid criticism and conflict.

Remember ... her CV is paramount to her, not the club.

Fortunately, the way she is (not) working means that it will be tough for her to avoid a hit to her CV.
  • Options
    Is this coming to a head?

Do this board and owners have the ability to smooth things over?

Doubtful.

Keep pushing and we'll have them running for the Eurostar back to Brussels soon enough is what I'm thinking.
  • Options
    Is it possible to give an interim manager a vote of confidence?
    That surely would be a first.
    This is getting very confusing.
  • Options
    Leaving Carol to take all the flak. Nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the perfect storm arriving, the coming together of three dramatic events?

First we had the web summit video, then the PV email exchange ... one more to go!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

First we had the web summit video, then the PV email exchange ... one more to go!

Lookman sold, fee undisclosed ?

That would do it for me.

• Options

stonemuse said:

Lookman sold, fee undisclosed ?

That would do it for me.

That could actually be the one
  • Options
    Still waiting for them to tell us which club Karel Fraeye came from.
  • Options
    The fact she was laughing at the protests shows just how seriously the management are taking our perilous situation.
  • Options

I think the silence is the comms minder she has employed telling her to shut the f*** up.

That is probably exactly why.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

I know there has been a certain amount of Trust bashing on here, but the silence from them IMO is equally bad if not worse.

Why are fans so divided? Why do we have 5 different protest ideas every home game? It's because the fans are desperately crying out for some leadership at a time when we need it most.

I saw a senior trust member post on here that he doesn't understand why people feel the Trust should be spearheading the protest movement. Let that sink in for a second, especially when you read that their motto is "Giving Charlton fans a voice."

What are they doing about all this unrest? Still pursuing the pipe-dream of dialogue? The time for them to come out, unite fans and condemn this farcical regime was up weeks ago.

We've not been silent. Even so, we're people with jobs to do, families to spend time with, and we spend enough hours on Charlton stuff without responding to every single post.

Read what @PragueAddick and I have been saying about our position on various threads. Read our website. It's easy to stand on the sidelines and demand others do stuff for you, but people like Ben, Joe and Rick are already co-ordinating protest action. Trust me, none of us want to work for the club or have nice cosy chats over a cup of tea. We want to influence change, introduce a critical but constructive voice, for the long term.

Fans, particularly non-members, have to recognise we're a mutual organisation with constitutional objectives representing 1000+ paid members. Until now our members' message has been very clear. That may indeed change, if it hasn't already, but right now it seems to be mostly non-members telling us what we should do on behalf of them. We've said it before, the bigger we are, the more people we represent, the more weight we carry with the club and the more likely we are to both unite and represent the fan base.

You've also taken my words out of context. I've not said we shouldn't lead protests per se, I've said right now we are leading on another option. We may well abandon our pursuit of what our members have asked us to pursue at some point in the near future, but that will be when and not before we judge it to be fruitless, when we judge another form of action to be more effective for long term benefit, and when we judge our membership's mood has changed. Until then no-one's stopping anyone protesting or taking any other kind of action they wish.

Of course, our membership's mood would visibly change if all you who want protests joined up and fired your emails at us...
    I am a member. I refuse to believe the majority still want to pursue anything other than a full-scale co-ordinated protest against the board, yesterdays reaction to Wolves' first goal showed that.

Up until now? What has changed in the last few weeks/months? Nothing. They've demonstrated time and time again that they cannot and will not change. What possible options to you think you have at your disposal here?

The clock is ticking.
  • Options
    You're one of 1000, and just a few weeks ago a big number of those told us to carry on. We may need to take the temperature again, so write to us as we've asked.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    rikofold said:

You're one of 1000, and just a few weeks ago a big number of those told us to carry on. We may need to take the temperature again, so write to us as we've asked.

I would say that, despite it becoming a bit of a running joke, that it could be time for another survey.

Fully respect that you have a mandate to represent what the majority of the members, of which I am one, want.

I fear that you are basing your decisions re:strategy on information that is potentially outdated.

There seems a real shift in the thoughts and feelings of the supporter base and IMO it would be wise to see what the figures for those thoughts are.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I believe that the existing combination of events combined with the varied protests and growing media attention is going to put a lot of pressure on our inexperienced CEO.

The next two months will be critical and could go either way ...but if we are clever and coordinated, something good can come out of this.

Let positivity rule our actions and we can leave the negative side to them. We can win this.
  • Options

I think it's quite telling really.

To me it's saying. "We actually don't give a shit what supporters think" "if you don't like it don't come" etc, etc.

It shows you the regard that these tossers treat people with.- "now sit quitelty and enjoy the match day experience - the football part will be shit, but at least you can have a nice pie"

All this circus act has done is run the club in to the ground and rub supporters noses in the dirt.

People like Richard Murray are not far off the Belgians in my opinion. I've met him in a couple of occasions and have always held him in high regard. He can do one as well. Mind you, alarm bells started ringing with him when he started point scoring with that orange faced mug from our "friends" down the road.

I don't know what the deal is with any of it, but whatever it is, the supporters deserve so much better.

Besides even if they did speak out in an attempt to placate the fans, I think that A) nobody would believe them anyway - even if they were telling the truth, and B ) it's too late the damage has been done.

I stopped going a while ago, but have nothing but admiration for the supporters that still attend. Everybody has their tipping point and people that I know, ones who I thought would not stop going no matter what have.

What a complete and utter mess. A change of coach or the addition of a couple of players isn't going to change it. The only way to stop it is for the cancer to be removed - that's you Roly and Pinocchio.

Totally agree with every word , well said fella
  • Options
    Silence except from "highlights", rallying calls and loads about the departing doctor. Feel for the players being used to spout sound bites.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Silence except from "highlights", rallying calls and loads about the departing doctor. Feel for the players being used to spout sound bites.

It was interesting after the game last night as I waited to get a few pictures with my son. A few protestors had a large flag with We Want Our Charlton Back or words to that effect. They were asking the players to sign it as they left the ground (more in jest than anything else) and their varying reactions were very revealing - you could see a few were clearly very fed up with the way things are going.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

stonemuse said:

That'll be the trust buying a tank then...
    This is all very well and I'm happy to contribute to the purchase but have we got someone to operate it? My late uncle was in the desert rats and used drive one and was 5'6", how tall are you? :wink: