Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The silence from the club is deafening !

124»

Comments

• Options
    Well, I'm trying to provoke a reaction with my comments to the Echo article:

http://www.lecho.be/entreprises/sport/Cette_Belge_qui_aime_le_foot_dirige_un_club_anglais.9680454-2467.art?preventCache=1451850539342

You have to click on the speech bubble at the bottom to read what I've put - that's the only problem. Maybe others should add comments - even if they're in English, it could be interesting because L'Echo journalist may then contact the supporters.
  • Options

Well, I'm trying to provoke a reaction with my comments to the Echo article:

http://www.lecho.be/entreprises/sport/Cette_Belge_qui_aime_le_foot_dirige_un_club_anglais.9680454-2467.art?preventCache=1451850539342

You have to click on the speech bubble at the bottom to read what I've put - that's the only problem. Maybe others should add comments - even if they're in English, it could be interesting because L'Echo journalist may then contact the supporters.

Good call. I just tried but realised I need to register, will do that at some point.

That interview is a complete and utter goldmine, I missed it first time around. If you delve beyond the (often comedic) translation issues you do really get a good insight in to how she works.

This was nice to read:

"This summer, Roland has invested millions of euros in seven new players. It also has invested 2.7 million euros in our stadium and spent € 16 million in new facilities for academy young. He starts to put pressure on me in terms of return on investment (laughs). Of course I'm aware of. I fear that one day something does not go as planned and I'll be fired. But as I think Charlton can progress, I'll stay. I'm really happy here. "
    Roland mate, unless the plan was to completely piss everyone off whilst relegating us in the process - I think something a little unplanned is occurring.
  • Options

The first noises from within have already started

Getting in two centre halves albeit one on loan,

Poyet returning which I can't believe won't be a permanent move

Then they will dangle a striker at us,

The next news will be a Mgr and I can't see that it will be KF as he would've got it already

They will want this to disappear the easiest way for that is some short term fixes all on the playing squad and mgmt

I'd like to agree but there is nothing new with this scenario. We get the same each and every January so far.

The difference of course is Fraeye but I don't believe he will be sacrificed. They will think that the transfer dealings will enable KF to get us out of trouble. We all know that it will be difficult whoever is in charge and very unlikely with Fraye.

• Options

Then they will dangle a striker at us

I wonder what the chances are of getting that Tony Watt bloke from Cardiff?
  • Options
    We couldn't afford him :-)
  • Options
    Has anything been seen or heard from Roland in the past few months....maybe Katrien has done him in and buried him in the car park at Staprix?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Then they will dangle a striker at us,

The next news will be a Mgr and I can't see that it will be KF as he would've got it already

They will want this to disappear the easiest way for that is some short term fixes all on the playing squad and mgmt

I'd like to agree but there is nothing new with this scenario. We get the same each and every January so far.

The difference of course is Fraeye but I don't believe he will be sacrificed. They will think that the transfer dealings will enable KF to get us out of trouble. We all know that it will be difficult whoever is in charge and very unlikely with Fraye.

Surely Fraeye's ineptitude can't have been that much of a shock to KM/RD though? If it wasn't to begin with, then it must now be immediately clear that he's just not cut out for this level and we will go down under him. In the article above though, Katrien says herself that going down to L1 simply isn't feasible.

I can't help but wonder whether the point of Jason Euell stepping up was not only to endear fans to our current management team, but to also provide some brains behind Fraeye's position which largely looks to be predominantly a mouth piece.

If this is the case then it would explain the lack of replacement, and the awkwardness of his appointment which was inexplicable and played down as purely an "interim" appointment. We all know that this wasn't the case now, so obviously RD/KM see Fraeye as something of a long term solution.

Is still there too
  • Options
    The problem is the management is so hopeless the only people we are going for are players we have already had. Where is the vision. Chris Powell bought in 18/19 new players, never heard of any of them but he created a great team. That is what managers do.
  • Options

Has anything been seen or heard from Roland in the past few months....maybe Katrien has done him in and buried him in the car park at Staprix?

The potholes in the West Stand car park have been filled in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The club are going for English based players they know can do some sort of job, because they have clearly identified the need for players who know the league. This ought to be seen as some sort of admission of failure, or the closest we will get to it! I suspect the lack of any local scouting operation since letting Phil C go, means they have to go with what they know.