Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The silence from the club is deafening !

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:

I genuinely don't think we will hear from KM again. She may be CEO for a time to come but I just think they will keep quiet.

I think it was her line about "we only protest when things don't go our way" (or whatever it was) and got KF to say it. He must know that if it was the play making us protest, then we would have after the 3 -0 defeat by Ipswich, especially as Sky cameras were there. Just as RD leaves her to do all the talking, I think she'll leave KF to take the flak now things aren't going her way.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

dingdong said:

Pity, if only we could get the media to interview her on what's happened in the last 24hours

They'd need one hell of a long room to conduct that in otherwise her nose will be pushing out windows :wink:

It's a scientific fact that Pinnochio could only tell 13 lies, before his nose overbalanced him. She can't be far off.

• Options
    Perhaps she can use her giant proboscis like the third leg on a tripod.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Huskaris said:

I genuinely don't think we will hear from KM again. She may be CEO for a time to come but I just think they will keep quiet.

I think it was her line about "we only protest when things don't go our way" (or whatever it was) and got KF to say it. He must know that if it was the play making us protest, then we would have after the 3 -0 defeat by Ipswich, especially as Sky cameras were there. Just as RD leaves her to do all the talking, I think she'll leave KF to take the flak now things aren't going her way.
    It's part of the reason it would have been so good if we won yesterday. We win and we protest. Would have been perfect and shut her up. It's not Fraeyes fault. He can't help the fact he's been given this job, it is the fault of the owners, pure and simple. I feel bad for the guy, completely out of his depth but he would have been an idiot not to take the job
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

3blokes said:

Huskaris said:

Yes, my feeling is they will not respond. Partly because they might be unsure how to handle it but also to give us nothing to rail against, or exploit to the media as the folly it is likely to be. Not deign to reply or acknowledge any of this. I doubt there will be any dialogue, the lines have been drawn, I think a war of attrition is our only course of action, and basically it might be a case of who tires of it first. RD can probably afford to try to sit it out. But if we can make it all more trouble and expense than it is worth, and generally tiresome, then he might just walk away from it, blaming us for not understanding his vision.
    But I think most of us would be quite happy to take the blame there, RD it's not you it's us. ;-)

I agree, I think there is a lot of ways that we can cost the club a lot of money. An example is last night's protest, I am sure that the policing bill (I saw at least 3 police vans) would have been sent to the club?
    3 vans yes. A few thousand in costs possibly as well.

More protests of that size yesterday will up the matchday costs for the club.
  • Options
    No news is good news?
  • Options
    It's hard to imagine that KM's job is secure. She has created a lot of the fan animosity herself, and by all accounts handled the PV approach pitifully.
  • Options
    I reckon that thinking goes like this:

RD 'We've had a bad run of results KM and the plebs seem a bit noisy, what's your answer bearing in mind that out plan is to equalise wages with sales up to the premier league in several seasons'

KM 'It's a short term thing RD, KF is prepared to do what we say and, if we spend a few £'000, our injuries reduce and our players play better, Colin tells me we should just about survive this season. We can then sell off at the end of the season and hopefully repeat similarly next season but with increased revenues from our exciting new club and dance nights.'

RD 'Do you think losing so many season ticket holders and support is a good thing? How much are these stay away protests, bad publicity for the club on my sponsorship deals and so on costing?'

KM 'I've no idea, if you are interested I will ask consultants to come in and assess this. My gut feel is that they are not important and we can ultimately deliver on what you want with virtually no fans/customers at all.'

RD 'tu es une imbecile. Encoulee.'
  • Options
    even if we do, we cant keep doing this every year. we have to seperate this from the players and strike whilst the iron is hot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

KM - "What protests? I didn't see any protests..."

"... from the toilet cubicle I was hiding in"
  • Options
    I'm going to get some grief for this. If the Belgians had made a few different decisions, they would have been ok.

1) buy a manager who has had success in Uk premiership or championship and allow him to pick the team and listen to his requirements for new players (even if you can't always get them)

2) invest in a good core of at least 6 championship or better experienced players to support the (surprisingly good) academy starts. The core should comprise of 2 CB, 1 CM, 1 ST and one quality left wide player. This to supplement JBG, Cousins, Diarra, Henderson, Solly (high quality in championship) and developers (Lookman, THD, Harriott, Reza) and loanees (Mak, others as necessary)

3) do not p*ss off all the fans all of the time with stupid comments. Run it as a business by all means but do not ever, ever speak or write in public about the club or your role in it if you can't understand anything about what support means.

I reckon that it's too late now for them, by that I mean RD, KM and probably RM. Thanks for one of the best pitches in the division, for the plans for the academy, for the non-faded seats which we now unfortunately see so many more of.

Now do one.

Thanks
  • Options
    Is the pitch really so better than the others? It is better than before i admit.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I'm going to get some grief for this. If the Belgians had made a few different decisions, they would have been ok.

1) buy a manager who has had success in Uk premiership or championship and allow him to pick the team and listen to his requirements for new players (even if you can't always get them)

2) invest in a good core of at least 6 championship or better experienced players to support the (surprisingly good) academy starts. The core should comprise of 2 CB, 1 CM, 1 ST and one quality left wide player. This to supplement JBG, Cousins, Diarra, Henderson, Solly (high quality in championship) and developers (Lookman, THD, Harriott, Reza) and loanees (Mak, others as necessary)

3) do not p*ss off all the fans all of the time with stupid comments. Run it as a business by all means but do not ever, ever speak or write in public about the club or your role in it if you can't understand anything about what support means.

I reckon that it's too late now for them, by that I mean RD, KM and probably RM. Thanks for one of the best pitches in the division, for the plans for the academy, for the non-faded seats which we now unfortunately see so many more of.

Now do one.

Thanks

Amazing to think that Murray did not say some ,if not all of those points before they set off.

If he did, and they ignored him ,then he's even more of a mug for standing side by side with them.

• Options

Think they are hoping a turnaround of results will distinguish the fire and IF we do have a amazing recovery for the rest of the season the protests will evaporate again, big IF though.
    Imo the damage has been done by those stupid naive remarks by Meire and cannot be reversed .

Things are beyond repair for the Belgians, especially for Meire.

The Ireland interview coupled with the Fraeye appointment has tipped the fanbase over the edge.

• Options
    Approaches to other clubs and player agents in the transfer window are likely to met with an equal silence. Players are not going to want to come to our club, and clubs are not going to want their loaned out players exposed to the caustic atmosphere which prevails under this regime. Equally, how many parents will want their kids to come to our academy, even if we survive in The Championship with this going on. "The Plan" therefore is not sustainable. Pressure from the fans will undoubtedly win the day.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Huskaris said:

Yes, my feeling is they will not respond. Partly because they might be unsure how to handle it but also to give us nothing to rail against, or exploit to the media as the folly it is likely to be. Not deign to reply or acknowledge any of this. I doubt there will be any dialogue, the lines have been drawn, I think a war of attrition is our only course of action, and basically it might be a case of who tires of it first. RD can probably afford to try to sit it out. But if we can make it all more trouble and expense than it is worth, and generally tiresome, then he might just walk away from it, blaming us for not understanding his vision.
    But I think most of us would be quite happy to take the blame there, RD it's not you it's us. ;-)

Correct, but if people don't attend matches or purchase merchandise, food or hospitality then while they save money, Roland doesn't. In fact, it cost him dearly.
  • Options
    The numbers of season ticket holders will be decimated whatever division we are in next season too! If we got a new owner I'm sure they would increase. There is no benefit to them, the CEO has cocked it up big time. They will damage the club of course by staying, but also themselves.
  • Options

The numbers of season ticket holders will be decimated whatever division we are in next season too! If we got a new owner I'm sure they would increase. There is no benefit to them, the CEO has cocked it up big time. They will damage the club of course by staying, but also themselves.

KM will still deny it and try and get the new comm person to put some positive spin on it.

That's if the new comms person actually exists.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first noises from within have already started

Getting in two centre halves albeit one on loan,

Poyet returning which I can't believe won't be a permanent move

Then they will dangle a striker at us,

The next news will be a Mgr and I can't see that it will be KF as he would've got it already

They will want this to disappear the easiest way for that is some short term fixes all on the playing squad and mgmt
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

KM will still deny it and try and get the new comm person to put some positive spin on it.

That's if the new comms person actually exists.....
    Looking forward to my new job next month at Charlton.
  • Options
    They will try to make out that these things would have happened anyway, and actually were happening before they knew about the protests. And in any case, there must come a point where RD will say to KM, "so, we're on our 6th manager now, and my English League 1 club are still struggling and where exactly are we with target 5K? - Katriene, you're fired..."
  • Options
    There is a really good film called 'The Field'.

If you want an analogy about our situation then it is a very good watch. The simple synopsis is:

'Bull McCabe (Richard Harris) has single handedly nurtured a field of rock into a verdant pasture. It is his life. But now the Field is to be sold by public auction. When an American (Tom Berenger) bids for the land against Bull, he gets more than he bargains for.'

Anybody else seen it?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Huskaris said:

I agree, I think there is a lot of ways that we can cost the club a lot of money. An example is last night's protest, I am sure that the policing bill (I saw at least 3 police vans) would have been sent to the club?

There were three just along from the club shop at 6pm. All full of police in high visability jackets. Clearly the club was rattled at what they imagined would be an ugly demonstration. Just shows how well the club knows its fans, although I suspect Meire would have actually liked it to turn nasty
  • Options
    mogodon said:

shirty5 said:

Huskaris said:

There were three just along from the club shop at 6pm. All full of police in high visability jackets. Clearly the club was rattled at what they imagined would be an ugly demonstration. Just shows how well the club knows its fans, although I suspect Meire would have actually liked it to turn nasty
    She would have but we proved her wrong ...and will continue to do so if we play it right.
  • Options
    Been a while since they rolled out a Roland YouTube video.

We must be due one "huh"?
  • Options
    Fantastic play from everyone at the protest for keeping it clean. There is no doubt at all that this hurts more as there is no easy 'out' or explanation only the 'I screwed up and didn't know what I was doing, sorry boss.'
  • Options

The next news will be a Mgr and I can't see that it will be KF as he would've got it already

They will want this to disappear the easiest way for that is some short term fixes all on the playing squad and mgmt

Which is what they've done before, every January. I still believe there's no plan. These are reactionary and are reactions based on us. I truly believe they were/are happy with the current team and manager, and would've just let the team carry on as is
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Which is what they've done before, every January. I still believe there's no plan. These are reactionary and are reactions based on us. I truly believe they were/are happy with the current team and manager, and would've just let the team carry on as is
    I agree - June to January you see them carrying out the actual "plan", January to June they take reactionary measures to address the abject failures of the plan. Can't see it working this year though.