Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    When you start liking cricket, when you start liking golf and when you follow through in the pub twice in 2 days. 

All recent things where I thought fucking hell i’m getting on a bit 
    Just don’t follow through in your cricket whites. 
  • Options
    When going away for the weekend you pack for a month. 
  • Options
    I was roped into playing football last Thursday (In goal) and only stopped aching yesterday. 
  • Options
    I was roped into playing football last Thursday (In goal) and only stopped aching yesterday. 
    That was pretty quick.
  • Options

I haven't played for over a year now but my mate keeps trying me to get back into 7 a side. He says just go in goal but I know after 10 minutes I'll get bored and want to come out. I do really miss playing.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    limeygent said:
    That was pretty quick.
    Sorry, the Thursday before that :) I am nearly 55 and I miss playing football. At least in recent years I was involved in it but I am not this year. I feel old! Before 50 you could always look at Stanley Matthews for hope!
  • Options
    Pity you didnt referee the game  - that would have been self informative :-)
  • Options
    I bet you couldn't resist that.:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    The thought of going to a fan zone and getting covered in beer sounds absolutely horrendous.  That's really depressing. 
    When you start moaning about the waste of beer in fan zones
  • Options
    When you get in the car and your radio station of choice is Heart.
  • Options
    According to your team mates that is the only thing you stopped.  ;)
  • Options
    When you caught out by an unexpected sneeze, fart at the same time and manage to put your back out at the same time.
    Could be worse!
  • Options
    According to your team mates that is the only thing you stopped.  ;)
    I have to admit I wasn't outstanding, but I thought I was competent for my age and we won! It was a competitive league game too. The test will be whether I am asked again, but if I am, I will say no. I hope! 
  • Options
    When you realise that if you were a professional footballer, you'd be close to retirement age.
  • Options
    When it just doesn't feel right to not put a mug or a glass on a coaster. 
  • Options
    When you see somebody passing you in a mobility scooter and think - Lucky bastard!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when you start to write something and then ummm.... errr... what was I going to write?
  • Options

I haven't played for over a year now but my mate keeps trying me to get back into 7 a side. He says just go in goal but I know after 10 minutes I'll get bored and want to come out. I do really miss playing.
    When you think playing walking football is just right for you.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Or the pace might be too much these days! 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Walking football is definitely not a walk in the park :)
  • Options
    When you realise that if you were a professional footballer, you'd be close to retirement age.
    When you realise you're technically old enough to be our top scorer's mum/dad, and it's not as if he's a spotty teenager either.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    When you get in the car and your radio station of choice is Heart.
    When you've always considered Heart to be a trendy radio station for the youngsters and that assumption gets questioned!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    When you realise you're technically old enough to be our top scorer's mum/dad, and it's not as if he's a spotty teenager either.
    Some of us are technically old enough to be our manager's mum/dad!

You are just a youngster.
  • Options
    Great thread.