Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    When you felt you were getting old when this thread started in 2015
  • Options
    When u got talked into helping out the bowls team coz they were short, found u really enjoyed it and unlike football, don’t spend the next 3 days with an aching knee and ankle 
  • Options
    When you remember a jersey as an item of clothing
  • Options
    You remember the glory days of when only 1 or 2 parts of your body gave you gyp, instead of the regular 6 or 7 these days 
  • Options
    You remember the glory days of when only 1 or 2 parts of your body gave you gyp, instead of the regular 6 or 7 these days 
    These days those parts can be replaced. ;)
  • Options
    My wife spent ten minutes explaining to a young work colleague why she was going to spend a penny.
  • Options
    My wife spent ten minutes explaining to a young work colleague why she was going to spend a penny.
    Because she needed a piss?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    aliwibble said:
    When you realise that if you were a professional footballer, you'd be close to retirement age.
    When you realise you're technically old enough to be our top scorer's mum/dad, and it's not as if he's a spotty teenager either.
    Some of us are technically old enough to be our manager's mum/dad!

You are just a youngster.
    Thanks Len, no-one's called me that for really quite a long time :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    When you go on a stag do, get absolutely smashed to the point where you can't remember anything (apart from being sick in a bin), then you check your location history on Google maps the next day and find out that you were in bed with a brass by 10.30pm.

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    When you go on a stag do, get absolutely smashed to the point where you can't remember anything (apart from being sick in a bin), then you check your location history on Google maps the next day and find out that you were at home in bed with a brass by 10.30pm.

• Options
    You have a National Trust membership 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    When someone someone tells you to act your age. And you die. 
  • Options
    Avoided this thread since it’s inception , as did not want to consider myself as getting old.

Now rapidly approaching 50, I can’t get enough of it!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    When you go on a stag do, get absolutely smashed to the point where you can't remember anything (apart from being sick in a bin), then you check your location history on Google maps the next day and find out that you were home in bed by 10.30pm.
    I didn’t even know that this was a thing you could do. 
  • Options
    Being told by your barber, what grade do you want.
  • Options
    Strictly starts and you don’t know most of the celebs, except Anika Rice 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    When you get in the car and your radio station of choice is Heart.
    Candy floss for the ears....
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    When you get in the car and your radio station of choice is Heart.

When you get in the car and your radio station of choice is Atlantis because it’s all 60’s music and you actually know the words to the songs...
  • Options
    it takes you 20 seconds to get off a Sun Lounger ...
  • Options
    Avoided this thread since it’s inception , as did not want to consider myself as getting old.

Think yourself lucky. Most of us approaching 50 can barely remember what "it" is, let alone are getting enough of it!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Think yourself lucky. Most of us approaching 50 can barely remember what "it" is, let alone are getting enough of it!
    When any of 'it' would be too much

• Options
    You play indoor football with a two year old and get reminded by what appears to be a young chit of a girl (actually the child's mother) that you are the oldest person present by some distance yet are setting the worst example to the children.
  • Options
    it takes you 20 seconds to get off a Sun Lounger ...
    It’s quite embarrassing when trying to get up from lying on the sand too!
  • Options
    When you buy blue pills from the chemist 😩
    and even they wont work ...

and to think you used to get a Boner reading the Littlewoods Ladies Underwear Catalogue ...

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    When u got talked into helping out the bowls team coz they were short, found u really enjoyed it and unlike football, don’t spend the next 3 days with an aching knee and ankle 
    And also when you do!