Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• You only know three artists on the shortlist for the Mercury music prize. 
    or when (like me) you've never heard of any of 'em
  • edited September 2019
    You only know three artists on the shortlist for the Mercury music prize. 
    or when (like me) you've never heard of any of 'em
    or when your other half has bought tickets to see one of them live in November (Fontaines DC) and you hope he's booked seats. 

(I hadn't heard of them either till he tell me he booked them)
  • Getting excited with your wife means:
    The new cleaning stuff (Koh) arrives and you start cleaning together without fear of upsetting our dogs allergies!
    When you didn't realise that it's Mercury Prize [add name of any awards] time again.
  • It’s last orders on a Wednesday night and you have half a pint left and decide to get the earlier bus because an extra half hour sleep appeals more than another pint.
  • Fontaines DC are great, wish I had tickets for November, have to wait for February.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbaqtcU0uI
  • When you can't embed youtube vidoes.
  • You’ve deleted your Instagram & Facebook in the last week & it’s only a matter of time before Twitter goes 
    Mercury music prizes?  Does Richard Cawley get to hand out the prizes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Having cracked 50 last year, now our lad has buggered off to university, we now start thinking, is it time for a downsize to the coast. 
  • Having cracked 50 last year, now our lad has buggered off to university, we now start thinking, is it time for a downsize to the coast. 
    Broadstairs beckons!
  • When you know little about Pop Music this day and age.

On Pointless the other day there was a question Pop Music. They wanted to know about top 40 selling albums in 2018. That was so hard. My music in the main stops in the early 2000s I reckon. I haven't listend to Capital for years. I remember nearly crashing the car I was driving laughing so hard when Chris Tarrant was reading one of his funny stories on his breakfast. Shows when I was listening to it. Now a days I listned mainly to Smooth if I am not listening to Talk:sport.

On Pointless the only artist of today I could think off the top I could think of was the most popular answer and that was Ed Sheeran. Then contestants came up with answers like Drake and I thought "Oh yeah of course!".
  • Picking up my laptop to purposefully look something up and forgetting what it was by time I open it and Google.
  • when you think its getting a bit dull on here so are considering posting something controversial on the takeover thread but just can't really be arsed with it any more - not that I have anything controversial to post but I'm sure I could think of something - like a game of football - can be a bit dull without a bit of niggle  
  • when you realise your standard dance moves now integrate a spin and the clicking of your fingers every 10 seconds...
  • Sponsored links:

• you class Road Cycling as an Extreme Sport ...

On Pointless the other day there was a question Pop Music. They wanted to know about top 40 selling albums in 2018. That was so hard. My music in the main stops in the early 2000s I reckon. I haven't listend to Capital for years. I remember nearly crashing the car I was driving laughing so hard when Chris Tarrant was reading one of his funny stories on his breakfast. Shows when I was listening to it. Now a days I listned mainly to Smooth if I am not listening to Talk:sport.

On Pointless the only artist of today I could think off the top I could think of was the most popular answer and that was Ed Sheeran. Then contestants came up with answers like Drake and I thought "Oh yeah of course!". 
    Who?
  • You get the hump when they start selling mince pies in Sainsbury’s in September 
    I bought some yesterday:) god I feel old..........

I said Drake, Rag n Boneman and Dave (thanks to the Mercury Music Prize thread). My wife's face was a mixture of admiration, astonishment and contempt...    
  • See, I like Rag’n Boneman. In fact the honest truth was I heard a song and was amazed to find it was him singing it and now consider myself down the kids. ;)
  • When you look at a Honda Jazz , when it comes to changing your car .
  • Received an email from Amazon asking me to review the book 'The Memory Tree' which is quite ironic as I cannot even recall ordering it.  

I have checked my Kindle and it is there.  I am currently blaming the hair trigger of single click ordering ... just hope I'm not kidding myself :neutral:

I said Drake, Rag n Boneman and Dave (thanks to the Mercury Music Prize thread). My wife's face was a mixture of admiration, astonishment and contempt...    
    the Algarve and watching Pointless with the wife...is that what they call living the dream ?
  • edited September 2019
    T_C_E said:
    See, I like Rag’n Boneman. In fact the honest truth was I heard a song and was amazed to find it was him singing it and now consider myself down the kids. ;)
    Saw rag n bone man at blackheath - who was good - a few months ago and realised that I’d seen grace jones - the headline act!!! more times than any other act there- not coz I like her - in fact she bores me to death - just coz how old I am. How she keeps getting the headline gig at these things I don’t know